ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Test drove 197 today got some questions if someone could help please

172 gone :( 197 now :)
Hiya went to look at a blue 197 today with no intention of buying it. What a stupid idea i want it now!! lol
Anyways i've ignored these since they came out and have no knowledge of the models available or what comes with them or the optional extra's etc
The one i seen today had fabric seats, no spare wheel (is this standard on all models?), brembo's, rubber front splitter and no spoiler so im guessing its the standard 197 with no extra's?? Do they come with cd autochangers etc? Do they all have cruise control etc??

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
All 197's have Brembos. Non have a spare wheel. All also have fabric seats bar recently, as you can now spec it.

Silver Brembos and wheels mean its a standard 197. All have cruise. On the options list, were

Recaros
Cornering lamps (Black headlamps)
Xenons (black headlamps and washers in the bumper)
Tinted rear windows
6 disk in dash changer
Folding mirrors
Auto lights/wipers (think these were an option!)

Last edited:
  Swift Sport
Did it have 'amphasite' wheels and red Brembos? if so, it has the cup pack... no 197's have a spare (where's it gonna go??) they don't have autochangers as standard but do have cruise control!

Hope that helps :)

Forgot to say it was an 07 plate silver wheels and silver brembo's its got 4500 on the clock and the asking price is 12499 trade. Decent price??

They've offered me very good price for my 172 as part ex prob only about 250 pound less than what i'd get private! I was shocked! lol

BMW 320 M Sport, 197
i just bought a 197 and that price is a bit much.
You could get an R27 for that but higher mileage or an 08 plate.
There's a 197 Cup in Nimbus Grey near me for £11444 with 8500miles on it with cruise, AC and ipoo connection.
If you wait around, sell your car and have cash you may get a bargain like me :)

PS 200
Forgot to say it was an 07 plate silver wheels and silver brembo's its got 4500 on the clock and the asking price is 12499 trade. Decent price??

They've offered me very good price for my 172 as part ex prob only about 250 pound less than what i'd get private! I was shocked! lol
I'm picking up a new Clio 200 Cup on Saturday for £13,149.

Your 197 sounds pricey to me.

White clique

thats high, should be looking at between 11 and 11.5 i reckon.

Fiesta STripes
Hiya went to look at a blue 197 today with no intention of buying it. What a stupid idea i want it now!! lol
Anyways i've ignored these since they came out and have no knowledge of the models available or what comes with them or the optional extra's etc
The one i seen today had fabric seats, no spare wheel (is this standard on all models?), brembo's, rubber front splitter and no spoiler so im guessing its the standard 197 with no extra's?? Do they come with cd autochangers etc? Do they all have cruise control etc??

Probably a totally irrelavent and useless addition to your post....

It was this that happened to me. I went to a dealer with no intention of buying one, then got sucked in lol!

Its a nightmare the more photos i been looking at tonight the more i have to have one!

Fiesta STripes
Its a nightmare the more photos i been looking at tonight the more i have to have one!

You will mate, it is AWFUL, when I had to face reality and the fact I couldn't afford one, I was devastated...

But where there is a will to get one, there is always a way ;)

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Here is some images to help you out mate.... ;)

3717630221_38fc94f1ed_b.png

3718441854_d52de7f3e7_b.png

3717624617_5b8297e594_b.png

BMW 320 M Sport, 197
Cheers guys i was about to put a deposit on that 2moro gunna go have a look at that nimbus grey one in cheltenam instead its a cup with recaros! :)
http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-u...cleYearOfManufacture=2008&vehicleRegLetter=08
What you reckon?
Will i be able to get those renault front splitter and spoiler for it? I've seen them on a few i been looking at tonight. How much are they?

Yep go for it if you want a cup. It was at £11995 just over a week ago when I tested it, and now £11444. I told them I would pay £11k nothing more. Try it, but think that there's always another one around somewhere else.

The spoiler, front splitter and skirts are available from dealers, not sure on price as not interested in them myself.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
So whats the difference between the cup and the standard 197?

Cup looses
Alloy pedals
Renaultsport steering wheel
Nice' soft touch dash
Push button start
Keyless enty
Xenons/black cornering lamps
Climate (AC is an option)
Cruise
Think it looses rear tint option + auto lights/wipers and cabasse 6 disk changer options also, but correct me if i'm wrong

It gains
Cup chassis, which is 7mm lower, stiffer, slightly bigger arb, Red Brembos, anthricite alloys.

You could also spec a cup chassis on a standard 197 (when cup was released)

They dont all have cruise control do they :S

Razza25's cup hasn't got it

Correct, cups dont, standard 197's + R27's do

Last edited:
  Was a 197
which blue was it?? the light one (racing blue) or the dark one (albi blue)

u can find out info on the renaultsport website about wot they come with and option etc etc

It was albi blue, i've been to look at a racing blue one today but it was scruffy, overpriced and the dealer was a ****.

Had a look round a megane sport today with a panaramic sunroof and its the first thing i thought! lol
Did look nice against the orangey (dont know name :)) paint though