ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Test drove a 200 this morning...!

Meg 250/E36 Touring
GAP insurance can be a god send if the worse happens.

The guy who bought my old 197 demo wrote it off after 2 years and got paid out nearly £5000 in addition to his insurance companys' pay out.

At the end of the day you can insure everything these days, but to my mindset, those who buy a Hot Hatch or Sport car will want to use the car to it's potential when the likelyhood of a claim is potentially higher.

Whichever dealer you buy a new car through, they will explain GAP insurance to you (along with any other suitable insurance products) as this is FSA regulations. It is then your informed decision whether to buy it or not.

I would recommend reading every detail though, as some GAP products only cover the outstanding finance vs insurance payout difference. Return to invoice price is the better product.

Maccy

ClioSport Club Member
  Straight 6
Thanks Richard, I think it would be wise to take it out.
Just checked on the Renaultsport websie, indeed Albi Blue isn't there :( But I've taken a liking to Racing Blue which I believe doesn't cost any extra?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Clio 200 Cup list price £16930
Clio 200 list price £17930
Cup Chassis option on 200 £450

0% Finance is available with £NIL deposit and balance over 24 or 36 months (subject to status)
PCP over 25 or 37 months is available @ 5.9% APR

PM me if you want more details etc

I have immediate delivery available on:

Glacier White 200 Cup + Black Speedlines + Recaros + Manual Air Con
Glacier White 200 + Cup Chassis + Recaros + Black Speedlines + Black Roof

Richard

Is the black roof actually painted? Or is it a vinyl wrap?

D.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Hero Spec is:

Storm Grey FF
Recaros
Cup Spoiler
Cup Pack Susp
Monitor + Blue tooth

However replace that with racing blue & you will have a good car- all be it the best part of 20k-

I would advise against albi blue- so its good that its discontinued as the Artic blue 182, Albi 197 & R27 & 200 have been difficult sellers in the second hand market-

S

I still want one. Really badly. So I'm refusing to test drive one. Once I drive one I'll be like a kid at Christmas and I'll cry and stamp my feet until I get what I want.

I was so tempted by the 200 deal that was knocking about before Christmas.

And just to correct poor Steve who is so wrong..

Hero Spec..

Alien Green FF
Cup Susp
Recaros
Speedlines

Maccy

ClioSport Club Member
  Straight 6
I don't think I could drive around in a bright green car, as much as I like the colour combo!

Focus
I think the spoiler on the 200 is awful, no idea why anyone would spec one imo. Looks a bit Halfords-like.

If I had the money and decided to go mad one day, would have to get it in the LY or the alien green. :rasp::approve:

Nissan 350z
^This

Although I have to question why people want to insure their car twice!!!

Seriously? If you have your car on finance it would be stupid not to.

For example:
£16k car on finance over 2yrs. 2nd year into your deal its written off and the insurance company says "Your 1 year old car is now worth 12k" but your finance agreement still has £14k left on it. No GAP? Enjoy paying the remaining £2k out of your pocket!

Edit: I declined Richard1's offer of GAP via the dealer network and bought it direct myself.

Last edited:

Maccy

ClioSport Club Member
  Straight 6
I've heard of some people saying that they'd buy GAP insurance from a 3rd Party. Could anyone recommend any providers and are the levels of cover the same or are their any major/minor differences?

Alpine GTA Turbo+182
Don't forget that the dealer will be keen to sell you Gap Insurance and paint/interior protection as he makes a very decent profit on these items......

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Gap online is a shed load cheaper, and does the same thing.

Clio 182, BMW 645
I'm a betting man so would sooner take my chances on not having GAP. Only new car I ever bought on finance was a BWM 325d series coupe. Doubt I will buy a car on finance again.

Maccy

ClioSport Club Member
  Straight 6
I just quickly Googled GAP insurance, went to the first provider and did a very quick quote and it was about £110. Seems like a no-brainer? Unless there's some small print about what's not covered etc.

GW 200
200 come with all the luxuries no cup suspension, or basic(no aircon etc) cheaper but includes the cup pack.

You can buy a 'luxury' 200 and add the cup pack for £450.

Wish i had that option in this part of the world... only non-cup 200's are here :(