ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Test Drove the 197

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Give it a week and the 182 will be a distant memory i'm afraid!! :)

Black 197
shhh... your getting me excited already !! got 7 days to wait lol, split with the missus last night so a new car is a nice feel good factor hey

Black 197
no was getting it anyway, well looked at it yesterday day time, split last nite and today they called me again and tbh i wanted it so thought why not

Black 197
yeah well can rely on a car but not a bird hey ??

Been going from strength to strength over the last 6 months then last night she drops a bomb that " she loves me with all her heart and wants to be with me but feels low and down with everything and wants to be on her own for a while"

I do know how to pick em lol !

Black 197
funny she's been texting all day that she loves me just give her a couple of days as theres hope blah blah, dude i been married before for 5 yrs i know the drill lol.. Im not letting it bother me as new car coming so got something to look forward to hey

White clique
funny she's been texting all day that she loves me just give her a couple of days as theres hope blah blah, dude i been married before for 5 yrs i know the drill lol.. Im not letting it bother me as new car coming so got something to look forward to hey

the 197 is WAY more important than this girl at the moment in my opinion, cast her to one side and think more along the lines of keyless-go, cornering lights, 6 speed gear box, etc!

White clique
^^its brilliant once you get used to it though, i'm going to really miss it on my next car, its a real convenience not having to rummage for your keys.

They do feel different, but after having a 172 Cup, 182 Cup packed and now a 197 there is no difference in outright pace. I've nudged past a Cup on here (outdragged), and now mines loosened up with 30k + i'm more than happy. Nice place to be with no hard bus streering wheel, stupid high seating position. The 197 also sounds lovely as standard, so no need to mess with a loud intrusive exhaust.

The 197 sounds like hit mate my freind got one and to be honest it does not have the same grunt as the cliio 172 it sounds to refined and its power delivery just flat

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Aye, you do get good and bad 'un's. When i had my 182, mate Steve from Birchdown had a 197 on demo brand new (when just released) and there was fack all in that too!!!

172cup
Good to see you bought a new car, just been talking to my mate about the 197 cup he fancys one but cant decide.

Unlucky with the bird but plenty more fish in the sea. Get yourself on facebook looking for some sympathy off her mates!

Black 197
I've realised its not all about performance its the whole package, all i know its much more refined than my 182

Was a 197
197s seem to get faster the more miles they, i'm sure gaz n others will agree, can't really comment for myself as i've only got 800 miles on my clock

big red bus
ooohhh yyyeeeaaahhhh... 6 gears and better seats ftw mate :D

should have baught the fake aston tho LOL

Black 197
I was looking at the new laguna lol, proper Aston copy, dealer said he's sold 1 so far at £25k or £574 per month !!

Was a 197
so what made u chnge your mind on at first not being impressed to going back the next day and signing on the dotted line??

Black 197
I never said i wasnt impressed i just didnt think it was a big enough change to make the swap but i kept weighing up the pro's and con's and reality was telling me i'd be better off so i went for another drive and enjoyed it loads, I think it's one of them cars that the more its driven the more you fall in love with it

Clio 197 08
Well done on joining the 197 ranks mate! You will love it! Had to wait 7 weeks when i got mine from the stealers! The wait is painful! Lol! Get some pics up when you get it!

Black 197
Yep will take delivery next wednesday, Would of been ready by Friday or Monday but i've ordered the cup spoiler to be fitted ! I love the Car but i find the back is a bit odd without a spoiler so hopefully that'll sort it out nicely, will get the front splitter and extra skirts when money settles down

Was a 197
your tailgate should stay cleaner to as mine gets filthy 5 mins after its been washed without a spoiler!!

Black 197
Cant wait to get it tbh... Fresh change from my 04 182 !, I'll post pics up as soon as i got the car and its cleaned to my liking !