ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Testing TV Aerial Connection

Mito Sportiva 135
Second new thread in here today (moved into a new place as you can tell!!!)

Anyway my TV in my bedroom is not getting any signal from the TV point....I tried a little external aerial and still no joy (but to be fair it might be because the external is rubbish!)

Is there anyway of testing the aerial point to see if it's "live" - or how else can I get signal, I've heard boosters might work, but at the moment I've got nothing!!! Either on digital freeview or analogue!

HIGHLY annoying!

182, turbo rx8, 911
Had the same problem recently.
Unless you have an actual signal testing kit, try other rooms or get up in the attic and see how it's split. Sometimes its split really weirdly.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Had the same problem recently.
Unless you have an actual signal testing kit, try other rooms or get up in the attic and see how it's split. Sometimes its split really weirdly.

Agreed.... Might be some shoddy wiring up in the loft so worth a look.

If not you may just have to chuck another aerial in the loft like I did.

Have you checked what digital strenghth you have in the area?? At my parents it wasn't great so I had to use a booster on my tv in my bedroom as it was split further down the line than most of the other rooms.

Mito Sportiva 135
I don't get it - I sorted the issue by running an aerial connection in my lounge to a connection running into my room and for a while all was good. Great reception, all Freeview channels for TV and radio.

Then last week, ITV, C4 and C5 had gone! I still have all the other channels, and still receive those channels in my lounge - I've retuned it 3 or 4 times and still no joy.

Any ideas??? Damn TV!!!

182, turbo rx8, 911
Look up a local aerial company and get them to come out an assess it for free. Usually they'll be able to tell you pretty quickly and you can either get them to go ahead with the quote or they'll tell you what's wrong and you can be cheeky and fix it yourself!

You'll be massively loosing quality from a a connection from one room to another though

Mito Sportiva 135
Even better! Got the aerial person contracted to my flat's management company to come over. Within 20 minutes he had figured out both my issues so now I have HD Freeview and all channels on the TV in my room, happy days!

Signal strength is around 99% so very clear signal, plus the splitter has a booster built in too.