ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thank You to all that attended FCS.

Track 172 & Golf R32
shame i didnt get a stand pass i wasnt sure as i didnt know any of u lot.. i didnt realy get the chance to introduce myself to some people which i intended to do.. but spose trax is comin up :)

it was a great day thou !!

BMW E46 330i Touring
Out of curiousity, what was the layout for the stand!?!

There wasn't one, When I arived there was 30-40 cars already (Some were there not long after 6 apparently.
With not enough people to deal with positioning everyone it wasn't worth even trying to re-arange everyone. Also, with the wind, we needed more people on hand to erect the marquee.
I agree the parking of cars on the stand needed alot more attention.

On the contrary guys, I think the randomness makes the navigation of the stand, especially to Joe Public, all the more interesting. As much as I love Trophy's, I just didn't feel the need to walk along the line; I was more interested in strolling past each different car one at a time.

Many thanks to the organisers for there hard work and dedication at setting this up

However no thanks to the idiot and ignorant members of the forum. For this reason alone this will be my last ever FCS and any forum meet I suspect

Bad parking, i wasn't too impressed either.

Yep your right plus the on track driving and standard of the track left a lot to be desired.

Thanks for your help though I meant to text you but havn't got your number or anything (pm's are to full)

mk4 golf gttdi180
parking was bad i had a little upset but all sorted now :) should of organised parking a bit more but ahhh, what can you do .

thanks to all the admin for the organisation. some nice friendly pple on this forum .cant understand what edde is upset about

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Im guessing he got blocked in by the people parking around him either when he went for track or went to leave. I would say its unfair to be upset about driving standards on track a lot of people would have been new to track driving...

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Parking was a bit of an issue, altho not sure who it was that turned up about 7-7:10 in a mk1 that someone started yelling at - does anyone know?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Good effort. organisation was ALOT beta than last yr. But then again the space we had this yr was far more useable!

I would say its unfair to be upset about driving standards on track a lot of people would have been new to track driving...

Thasts no excuse IMO.
FCS driving standard are always much lower than anywhere else on track including circuits abroad etc. If the drivers were on propere track days many would be pulled off and the circuit would have been kept in a good state.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Edde, i've seen alot worse driving std's than that fella. inc RS trackdays! To judge it on that is a little obtuse.

The parkin was fine apart from bloor parkin bang smack in the way on the way out! ;) I just used him as a chicane tho! lol

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Yeah, next year bloor will get a dedicated parking space.
(Which will have to be circular, i imagine)

If he moves from that space, a member of admin will set fire to his car.

Thought it was good..would have liked more stuff to buy though..not very impressed with what was on offer.
And though it would have been better if there was a proper timetable for the CS show and shine..was of down the track when it happened.

Good to meet the peeps I did :)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
You were sat in your car when we were judging?

Shortlisted Best Mk2 non sport.

The next show will have more merchandise, as we were concentrating on the packs/rebrand.

mk4 golf gttdi180
Thasts no excuse IMO. FCS driving standard are always much lower than anywhere else on track including circuits abroad etc. If the drivers were on propere track days many would be pulled off and the circuit would have been kept in a good state.

i think youl find edde that the drivers abroad drive alot better than uk drivers witch potter around on the motorways and lane hog.
fcs was a frenchcar event and if you paid you could go on track so everyman and his dog could of gone on track ,you should of nown it would of been a bit hektick

Last edited by a moderator:
Edde, i've seen alot worse driving std's than that fella. inc RS trackdays! To judge it on that is a little obtuse.

The parkin was fine apart from bloor parkin bang smack in the way on the way out! ;) I just used him as a chicane tho! lol
Cannot say much for the RS track days as I've only ever attended one. However I do feel the driving and track was poor.

I felt like (now I know where he lives) poping round in a lorry tomorrow and leaving it blocking his drive.
fcs was a frenchcar event and if you paid you could go on track so everyman and his dog could of gone on track ,you should of nown it would of been a bit hektick
I know FCS is never going to be good driving but I keep giving them the benefit of the doubt and going back only to be again let down.

Just because I expect it not to be grewat doens't IMo give any excuse for that poor level of driving.

M

mini-valver

A lot of people on track though will be first timers and not know track etiquette. It's hardly fair for a veteran to judge noobs on a cheap, ill organised car show track event. No-one is forcing anyone to go out, those that do, should obviously take caution with that amount of people on at one time, many not experienced either.

Lionel Richie
Hey at least you lot got in,i paid for tracktime but the scum on the gates wanted another £30 from us to get in so i told them where to stick it.
I will be on to Rockingham today to compain about it,nowhere sells you tracktime and then an entry fee on top.

Liam:mad:

did you not realise you had to pay to get into the show???

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Hey at least you lot got in,i paid for tracktime but the scum on the gates wanted another £30 from us to get in so i told them where to stick it.
I will be on to Rockingham today to compain about it,nowhere sells you tracktime and then an entry fee on top.

Liam:mad:

did you not realise you had to pay to get into the show???

LOL obviously not - made my day that.

SCUM!!!

clio 200 F4Rt
what EXACTLY was the problem with the track driving?

I assumed everyone bar Markcup was a novice and treated them like that, until it was obvious we were reading from the same page to over take or what not.

I didnt think the standard was too bad. i didnt once have to dive on the brakes or take evasive action due to someone else's driving.