ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The £600 Cup Track Build

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for the comments!

Open pit track day booked for Saturday morning at KnockHill. I've a long list of things to do before hand and not back from work until Friday, late night ahead!

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Thanks for the comments!

Open pit track day booked for Saturday morning at KnockHill. I've a long list of things to do before hand and not back from work until Friday, late night ahead!
Ha ha......That's half the fun!! Same position as you and I might need clip as I cant get these bloody brakes bleed up :(

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
No luck at the garage? Your welcome to it tomorrow if needed. I read somewhere to also just take it out and slam the brakes a lot and get the air out the ABS.
Way I'm feeling ill just scrap the car :) they are looking at it again tomorrow, they couldn't communicate with the abs pump.... Fingers crossed they can solve it tomorrow. If all else fails, complete removal and diverter valve / cup set up!

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
Not the best of days at knock hill due to the fog but the car ran faultlessly. After gaining a bit confidence in the wet I was impressed with the r888s!

27518521212_4310a7ae14_c.jpg
Untitled by Arran Bell, on Flickr

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
:monkey:I'll use it for you though no problem, no point in it sitting doing nothing :grin:

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
:monkey:I'll use it for you though no problem, no point in it sitting doing nothing :grin:

You can work your magic on the paint if you want :smile:

Congratulations, life's over now!! :tongueout: Clio will great to look forward too when you've got some spare cash again :up:

Cheers mate definitely going to have to stop the spending sprees lol. Good thing is its pretty much done just thankful I'm not having to sell it.

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
So how much does this owe you now?

Not really added it up in a while and don't think I ever will lol. No regrets though as its been a fun project :smile:

I'm missing updates on this 😧

Same here Mark, all will start again at the end of the year once its in its new home :cool:

Lack of updates is due to 2 recent big purchases in the summer...

30323571351_f360148141_c.jpg

And...

30409696035_a69813a114_c.jpg

So yeah my bank has taken a severe hit and still is with furnishing this house 😧 Growing up isn't fun!!

On the plus side the clio will have its on garage now instead of trailing down to the in laws every time!

Such an awesome build, real shame about the first engine! That's a real bugger.

Fair play on getting stuck in with everything, impressive. Congrats on the house & wife-ness.

Looking at houses at the moment and all my attention focuses on the garage...

Congratulations mate

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
All that money, time and effort put into it, is it not worth keeping now?

It's barely been used. Or is it more of the build that you enjoyed, hence wanting a kit car?

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
Absolutely fantastic project, love the attention to detail. It looks like a factory built Cup racer. Top effort.

Cheers Adam!

All that money, time and effort put into it, is it not worth keeping now?

It's barely been used. Or is it more of the build that you enjoyed, hence wanting a kit car?

Its definately more the build i enjoyed but even at that yeah all that time and money id love to keep it. Not having a trailer is causing a issue.

I think its more having money tied up in the garage right now and not being used thats annoying. Got a garden to do still and a wedding to start paying for soon which are changing my priorities lol.

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Ok so I've got over that short spell of wanting to sell, don't know who i was kidden!

So next up is full service including belts then put it back on the road for the spring/summer. The engine i have in is a ph1 engine, unknown history so belts are definitely needed for peace of mind.
Good decision, I'm going to need a shot as I don't want the get mine dirty 😂

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
Managed to squeeze some play time in on Sunday and make a start on the belts and service. Amazed at how easy it is to strip this down compared to my old 182's, genuinely took about 30 mins lol!

Plan is in the next couple of weeks put the new belt and dephaser off my old engine on (Only done 100 miles before the bottom end went) then change the oil. Aside from that there is a couple of small things to do such as route the fuel line somewhere safer and fit grommets, plumb in the extinguisher and fit the pms shifter. I've got a pretty much brand new water pump also that i should be fitting just now as well but being so easy to get to and having no PAS pump there I'm just going to wait until it goes, learned my lesson on touching things that aren't broken!

In regards to refitting the pulleys, is there any tricks to get more space at the side of the engine as i will not get a torque wrench down. Unsure if loosening the gearbox mount will help?

Few random pictures to keep the thread colourful.

32750906972_2ae4e640a1_z.jpg

32864007936_5b99710114_c.jpg

32524321030_6f0c81a9c1_c.jpg

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
Didn't realise it had been so long since writing in here!

No massive changes as the cars not really moved. It went away to get the belts done in the summer which was good, nice bill of health! Finally got round to plumbing in the extinguisher system also:

38517264022_7e56acd263_c.jpg

In a random turn of events i swapped my 2118's for some new 1.2's wrapped in R888's. Have to say i love the look they give.

38517260512_bd98e87755_c.jpg

38517261742_c9f5523d3f_c.jpg

38517264942_6c95cdc30c_c.jpg

38517263292_d9d11cb75c_c.jpg

I will be creating a for sale thread soon for the car, got a small wiring issue to sort with left rear indictor not working first (Think i chopped it out).
Anyone interested PM me for info. Its sad thinking about it but realistically i just dont have the time to use it on track, would rather someone got the fun out of it.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Such a shame..

I've just read this from start to finish and these last few pages sounded promising.

Raceface_13

Staffordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Weird, very weird, I found this thread out yesterday to have a look. it was on page 12 or something. and now you update.
Don't sell, keep going and use it abit bud, one of my favourite clio's