ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The £600 Cup Track Build

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
Been working away all week so progress is a bit slow however decided to tackle the wiring and dash when I got back today.

Quite chuffed with how it's sitting now, still to fit some conduit on the battery cable and my longacre through panel connector. Turn of the key earlier was turning the engine over so all seems good!

26717792525_30cea543d5_c.jpg
Untitled by Arran Bell, on Flickr

26445346650_0fb31a8012_c.jpg

26114143203_ca959cd7ef_c.jpg

Came home to a nice package from @pure-motorsport also, looking forward to fitting it great quality as always!

26691908326_753781f103_c.jpg

So plans over the weekend are:

Install cup racer fuel set up
Re fit cage + seat
Finish off remaining wiring

Noticed my rear calliper leaking so I'll need to change that over at some point. Extinguisher system turns up next week, look forward to plumbing that in next week :smile:

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
How you getting on with the red light? Had a chance to look into it?

How does your braided fuel hose fit onto the intank pump? Thinks of getting a jenvey fuel rail.
And what's the valve in the fuel line near the rail?

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
How you getting on with the red light? Had a chance to look into it?

How does your braided fuel hose fit onto the intank pump? Thinks of getting a jenvey fuel rail.
And what's the valve in the fuel line near the rail?

No further forward mate, I've tried a lot of avenues with no luck. Ordered a renault clip off eBay today though so hopefully that will pinpoint the problem tomorrow.

Ive got the cup racer set up so the braided hose already had the OEM crimped fitting on it mate. The adapter bit is a fuel sampling point i think :)

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Solid red immob light can be a few things. Usually the relay in the main engine fusebox though or the gearbox earth. Try those first. Failing that check for continuity and voltage drop in all the cables going from the ecu to the uch. Clip will only be able to tell you a couple of things, that the immobiliser has failed to disarm and whether all the modules (airbag, UCH, ECU, clocls etc) are present and have a diagnostic signal detected in the system. I posted a couple more bits in here a while ago too http://www.cliosport.net/threads/urgent-help-please-182-wont-start.792446/.

God that interior, among everything else, looks brilliant.

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
Solid red immob light can be a few things. Usually the relay in the main engine fusebox though or the gearbox earth. Try those first. Failing that check for continuity and voltage drop in all the cables going from the ecu to the uch. Clip will only be able to tell you a couple of things, that the immobiliser has failed to disarm and whether all the modules (airbag, UCH, ECU, clocls etc) are present and have a diagnostic signal detected in the system. I posted a couple more bits in here a while ago too http://www.cliosport.net/threads/urgent-help-please-182-wont-start.792446/.

God that interior, among everything else, looks brilliant.

Cheers Graham, yep tried all of the above and still no luck. I also had a read through that thread last week which helped me look at a few other things so cheers!

Clip arrived today so I'll hopefully get it on tonight and see if it can point me in the right direction.

26786047991_22f9fd38d8_c.jpg

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Here's the faults I got from the immoboliser @GrahamS

26790281141_7c0e50878e_c.jpg
I don't think those are the faults matey, those are the detectable faults which is everything that CLIP can find wrong with the system. When you click on faults test it will come up with a list and either a red or Amber lamp next to the fault and it'll have something like 1 DEF, 2 DEF. If you click on that it will give you more details about the specific logged fault.

You should be able to clear the fault history from there too. I actually had a car once where I needed to clear the imob codes and it worked again, forgot about that!

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Will be something like this but of course for the immob. Those little grey circles will have red or amber. Red is current and amber is historical and logged fault. Second screen print is what it looks like when you click on the X.DEF button

Screenshot%202014-06-03%2018.38.22_zpsjjn3msen.png

Screenshot%202014-06-03%2018.38.38_zpsyyrehn95.png

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
Will be something like this but of course for the immob. Those little grey circles will have red or amber. Red is current and amber is historical and logged fault. Second screen print is what it looks like when you click on the X.DEF button

Ok so there is none for the immoboliser. During the multiplex test it just says one computer isn't communicating which is the airbag unit as its not connected.

The only red fault I get on the other test is for the canister purge solenoid valve circuit (have my carbon canister out). When I click on the fault it says short circuit to 12v, short circuit to earth and open circuit. I'm guessing this is just because I've got it unplugged?

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
What Graham says about resetting the imob codes sounds like my old issue but I was having to reset it everytime I turn the kill switch lol
I had to go into imob setting with my snapon machine
B58E5215-ECCE-4980-8E59-78BB2BF1DBCE_zpsfh0drpwj.jpg

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Go into all the modules and clear all the faults. I think for the connection unit (uch, clocks) you need to switch off the ignition to clear the faults.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I don't think this is going to help much as it doesn't have df014 in but none the less

Attachments

• Fault Finding.pdf
    402.2 KB · Views: 3,350

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
What does the DEF say when you click on DF014? Got a print screen?

Attachments

• Immob wiring diagram.PDF
    11.5 KB · Views: 177

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
Still no further forward on this :(.

Checked all the multiplex wiring, continuity good and getting 2.5 volts at each end. The clip is showing no electrical error codes on the immoboliser or uch. The ecu is getting a power supply and all the relays are working. Alternator is getting power and white plug is all good.

I hate cars :(

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
Do you think it could be a bad earth somewhere?

I thought this mate but checked them all today and seem ok. I noticed the uch today has a bit of sticky residue over the it, makes me wonder if coolant got near it when it was in the footwell and I removed my heater pipes as some did come out.

Will try get a hold of one and swap over.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
ITS ALIVE!!

Changed the UCH and ECU over today and started first time. I reckon it's been the UCH, always had a suspicion that it came in contact with coolant when I removed my blower, strange that the clip never said anything. Anyway onwards and upwards!
That is incredibly odd! I was just about to post some screen shots of what my cup shows in all the parameters on clip. Good to hear it's going matey :) Do you have a map to swap across or was it standard?

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
That is incredibly odd! I was just about to post some screen shots of what my cup shows in all the parameters on clip. Good to hear it's going matey :smile: Do you have a map to swap across or was it standard?

I forgot to tag you there mate thanks a lot for all your help on things to try etc, helped me rule a lot out!

Glad it's done now though :) engine was standard also so should be fine.

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
Made use of the nice weather today and got the last few bits done before the track day on the 11th.

Rear calliper has been leaking so bought a new deal kit, couldn't get the handbrake cable out so just ended up changing the leaking seal just now and will cut the handbrake cable off later and replace!

27330922585_84ec1648ff_c.jpg

Also ordered a AN6 Teflon fuel line and fittings as the cup racer line was dangerously smelling of fuel inside, rubber must have been perished. Fitted that today and drilled the hole to get through to the pump, still to fit the grommet.

27299223766_542a8f2012_c.jpg

27260654921_5a6ca62993_c.jpg

27260654811_dd664b48b5_c.jpg

Still to fit the PMS shifter which I don't think will be done before the next track day as the heatsheild bolts are all rounded 😧.

Somnambulist

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Just read through all 10 pages of this thread, awesome build! Looks like I'll be heading to Corbeau soon for a pair of seats for my Cup. Watching this with interest.