ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The £600 Cup Track Build

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
Arran, where did you get the fog ducts from?

As above they're cm composite ones Mark, I noticed the site was down also!

Yes I just looked at the CM site and it's down.

Just read through all this - great build. Probably one of the best looking Cups I've seen. Wheels/ride height etc, all spot on.

Thanks a lot mate :grin: it's getting there slowly but surely!

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
Patience is wearing thin with this now lol. Tried to start the car yesterday, immobiliser light off all looks good. On turn on the key to start the immobiliser light starts flashing, then when stopped it goes out. No crank of the engine at all. I'm still convinced that coolant may have got in the uch from when I removed the heater. Uch was on the floor and there was a small pool next to it.

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Sounds just like my starting issue tbf. If you've got or got access to a diagnostic machine (mines a snap-on solus ultra) go into the immobiliser settings and check it has the immobiliser code stored. when I go into it on mine, it says 'Code - Yes', but won't start but will crank over, until I press OK on the scanner. Then it'll start fine until I kill the power at the battery kill switch, then I have to load the snap on again.

Might be no use at all but that's what was doing till I removed the engine.

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds just like my starting issue tbf. If you've got or got access to a diagnostic machine (mines a snap-on solus ultra) go into the immobiliser settings and check it has the immobiliser code stored. when I go into it on mine, it says 'Code - Yes', but won't start but will crank over, until I press OK on the scanner. Then it'll start fine until I kill the power at the battery kill switch, then I have to load the snap on again.

Might be no use at all but that's what was doing till I removed the engine.

I'll need to get a hold of one and try that mate, it's all strange. I'm hoping it is just something like this and not something larger :(

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
I'll need to get a hold of one and try that mate, it's all strange. I'm hoping it is just something like this and not something larger 😧

Defo.
Thought I'd mention it as it might be worth a try.

Must be a way of getting rid or bypassing the Immobiliser all together lol. Was thinking about sending my ecu away and having the immobiliser unlocked see whether that would work lol

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
I planned on prepping it good mate but ended up just wiping the main oil residue off and then spraying with the hamarite direct to rust. I wasn't expecting great fun finishes but it's surprised me turning out really good especially with minimum prep!

Yeah i remember you saying that in your thread, I'm being very cautious with it lol. Hopefully following the diagrams I'll be able to figure out what not to cut ha.
Suppose this won't get as hot as the brake calipers, but my silver hammerite went a lovely bronze colour with heat :wink:

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
Defo.
Thought I'd mention it as it might be worth a try.

Must be a way of getting rid or bypassing the Immobiliser all together lol. Was thinking about sending my ecu away and having the immobiliser unlocked see whether that would work lol

I was thinking the same recently mate, there must be someone that can code it out. I'd love to just get a full loom made up and get rid of all the complicated things that a track car doesn't need lol.

Suppose this won't get as hot as the brake calipers, but my silver hammerite went a lovely bronze colour with heat :wink:

I hope not wont go to well with the yellow lol.

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
Well I feel stupid lol...

I mentioned before that the electrics played up when the loom near the uch was moved a certain way (lights not working or going mad and obviously no sign of life). So earlier I set about finding what wire it was, got up up next to the dash/engine plug and started moving the wires one by one thinking I'd not put something back in the pins correctly. So the culprit in the end? The f*cking Earth strap above it! I had it on but it wasn't tight and basically every time I moved the loom it was getting a connection. Had to laugh lol.

So with that c*nt of an issue sorted I whipped the loom back out to be wrapped and removed the rest of the bits in the interior to get ready for paint.

25163839622_a81e4ec6b7_c.jpg
Untitled by Arran Bell, on Flickr

Drilled the holes for the braided fuel lines to run through the car, tested up the cup racer rail also. Very noice!

24914414299_a8a036baa2_c.jpg

So front end all good again just need to finish the interior and were good to go.

24651458434_152d261a76_c.jpg

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Cheers mate. Unfortunately the only track this will be seeing this year will be knockhill.
I was up today for a look mate wish I had the car ready, glorious day and the times were looking good for everyone!!

SI-STI 2.35 & RC-172
What a superb project,a very enjoyable read from start to finish:up:.I definitely need to get my finger out with my Baby Clio Project.SJ.

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Looks awesome. Wish I had time to make mine look this good before my ring trip lol
Yeah he inspired me too, had a spare have hour today so did this (see below) but then I lost enthusiasm.... If I have time to take everything out between track days I may finish it... Or wost (best case) deliver mine down to Arran's mate over the winter !!

WP_20160424_001.jpg