ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

THE 172 exclusive project

Mk1 16v brooklands
hello and welcome to my project thread for my 172 exclusive.

I picked this up in december 2010 from beanie. picked it up on the worst day possible, lovely day when we left felixstowe but when we got there it decided to snow and what would of been a 2 hour drive home took nearly 9.

so heres what it looked like when i picked up
a6c06bdb.jpg

c2ff9922.jpg

and after the drive home
db0e5e7f.jpg

b4cf8f59.jpg

then it was time for it to be lowered and have a decent wax and polish, so i fitted these which were promptly removed and fitted with GAZ coilovers :) a the same tme i fitted some heko wind deflectors
5dc0200f.jpg

fea3bcd1.jpg

19b3348c.jpg

this takes us upto feb 2011, after 2 weeks away snowboarding i come home and al seems good. until a week later when this happend
http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j175/fenchurch_photos/mk2 172/?action=view&current=b7c56bd7.mp4
bottom dropped a shell :(

so scourced and engine off of a member on here and took a trip to harlow to get it.

engine coming out and out
e8ef82fc.jpg

42add424.jpg

4f8bf418.jpg

4add0434.jpg

after a shed load of new bits it went in and fired up 1st time, treated it to some matched inlets
6625d41b.jpg

b56af9ca.jpg

another half decent clean and my new skoda splitter fitted
ab42bf2f.jpg

936be210.jpg

fitted my new pipercross filter in the standard box
c9b711d6.jpg

9aa4d6fd.jpg

got these to put on but decided against it
0b702e64.jpg

bonnet had some fade so scourced one off of ebay and it was only 40 mins away
old
ffdc3551.jpg

new
55e84212.jpg

another wash and polish later
car011.jpg

car013.jpg

and thats the story so far

Last edited:
  Mk1 16v brooklands
6k hid kit fitted aswell, one of the ballasts was playing up so removed them until I could be bothered to replace it.

4 new Avon zv3s and 1 Pirelli p600 on the spare as they didn't have another Avon :(

Polybushed dogbone mount fitted and stainless miltek cat back fitted aswell. Exhaust is blowing at the cat so I'll get a gasket tonight or Saturday To fix that problem.

Rear wiper fell off a few weeks ago, not sure if I should remove the lot or get a new wiper. (snapped along the plastic bit around the motor)

Mk1 16v brooklands
Cheers dude its number 140 personally I wasn't a massive fan of the grey grandad leather but I've grown to appriciate it. Still thinking about changing it to half leather/alcantara interior. and keeping the grandad safe somewhere because it's bloody spotless

Petrol Blue 182.
only thing that let the Exclusives down in my opinion is the wheels, get some F1's on there. looks like a nice example thought bud :)

White mx5 mk1!
I've still got your turbines :p even tho there for sale now ahah still looks good from when I saw it

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Im not driving it until the belts are done at the end of this month though which is rather frustrating to say the least, but hey ho!

Im really tempted by gold wheels after seeing ELI00T's with the trophy spoiler <3

Mk1 16v brooklands
Collection of stone chips
d599a2c5.jpg

:( not sure if I should get them sorted at the body shop or if I should source a both new wings and front bumper

Sony iPod head unit fitted too
7b27b9f8.jpg

Clear side repeater installed too
b9101425.jpg

eef30ef5.jpg

9408b7b3.jpg

Mk1 16v brooklands
Saving some pennies and hoping I can get it Booked in to danny at 519automotive for both new belt kits and dephaser pulley. I might give it a good service after that or get Danny to do that aswell

Mk1 16v brooklands
Just waiting on a few parts from budgie

New standard airbox, and suspension top mounts as mine are knocking alot :(
just ordered some ph2 rear lights off of here aswell do all is lookinh good fore the next few weeks

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I must admit i do prefer the standard Phase 1 lights for some reason. Im tempted to debadge it all aswell. It really doesnt look like a Clio RS!

Mk1 16v brooklands
Another quick update
here are the ph2 rear lights i just fitted (thanks to blacky950 for uber wuick delivery)
9356aa4e.jpg

Listerine & Poledo
OK.

Just a couple of things.

Is that exhaust going to come off anytime soon? And those stickers should come away without too many tears

;)

Mk1 16v brooklands
Whats wrong with the exhaust? I happen to like miltek or should i follow the trend and get a stealth system.

Ring sticker is on there becuase unlike alot of ppl with them ive been.
Or were you refering to the elf and vans ones which will be coming off soon anyway ;)

Ph1 172.
Even though this is one of the cars most local to me, I've to see it out and about. It looks good, F1s look like they'll suit it well.

Listerine & Poledo
Whats wrong with the exhaust? I happen to like miltek or should i follow the trend and get a stealth system.

Ring sticker is on there becuase unlike alot of ppl with them ive been.
Or were you refering to the elf and vans ones which will be coming off soon anyway ;)

I'm not a big fan of exposed exhausts on 172s unless they're cut into the bumper TBF. But you like it, so that's the main thing.
And if you've actually done the 'ring then kudos, you've earnt that sticker :)