ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The 182 has gone!

FF 182
I have finally taken the plunge and my 182 has now gone. I have taken a step that seems to be quite common with clio owners and bought myself a vauxhall vx220 2.2. I am just waiting for some sun now.

If anyone is interested the 182 is now up for sale at castle sportscars in stansted and the have listed it at £7,450 for an '04 plate 182 in artic blue with both cup packs. It also has blue and grey painted side badges a nokia bluetooth kit and an alpine i-pod full speed head unit, oh yes also alpine direct replacement speakers alround and has flat wiper blades. The car has 28500 miles and the advert is here.

http://www.castlesportscars.co.uk/index.php?mod=detail&id_veh=205

FF 182
Yes im enjoying the car thanks. Unfortunately the weather for my first week of ownership has been shocking. so just awaiting some roof down action.

All i have at the moment is the original dealer pics!

vx2.jpg

vx1.jpg

Clio Trophy #123
Have fun with it fella!

I had over a year with the VX and loved every minute of it.

Yesterday bought a Clio Trophy (no 123/500)

Loving that as well! Yozza zaust ordered tonight and on its way!

Loved my VX. ;)

FF 182
Hopefully i should have some good fun with it. Just got to take it easy while the weather is not great but hopefully we should brighten up soon.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
f**king awesome cars aren't they? I was totally buying one before I got my Vee - then I had to have a monster operation on my back, and I just can't contort myself enough yet :( Next summer though, VX Turbo is the only thing on my mind! I was aiming for an NA - but the prices have dropped a bit since I was looking, and I'm gonna stretch for a Turbo. Not to knock the NA in anyway though - the first one I tested was a bit rough, and over priced, but if I'd had the cash in my pocket that day I'd have bought it anyway - it made that much of an impression on me. Loved it, really did. On reflection, and having driven a couple more, it had had some engine work too as it was fair chunk quicker (had a Storm Performance sticker on the back which I suppose was a hint hehe ;)).

I assume you're a member over at http://www.vx220.org.uk/forums ? If not, get over there! Very helpful and friendly bunch :)

Enjoy!

Dan

clio 182
Thinking of doing the same thing getting a vx220, was like you thinking of the 2.2 but then was behind one a few months ago and it wasn’t any faster than the 182. Ok probably a better driving experience and would be quicker on a tighter twister road. But it did make me think if I am going to get rid of the 182 then it would need to be for the turbo, but they are still a bit out of my price range still, May be next year.

Nice chose though hope you enjoy your new car.

MINI JCW
Thinking of doing the same thing getting a vx220, was like you thinking of the 2.2 but then was behind one a few months ago and it wasn’t any faster than the 182. Ok probably a better driving experience and would be quicker on a tighter twister road. But it did make me think if I am going to get rid of the 182 then it would need to be for the turbo, but they are still a bit out of my price range still, May be next year.

Nice chose though hope you enjoy your new car.

I felt the same, when I swapped the 182 for a VX220 I never really considered the N/A version as the performance was similar to a 182 and I wanted something considerably quicker.

The common opinion though is that the VX N/A is a better drivers car with better handling but the Turbo version is quicker and easier to live with. Ive never driven the N/A version so cant comment.

FF 182
I would of obviously loved a turbo but you are really looking around a £3000 step up in price until the turbos start to come available. Also then the insurance step up ( I am only 21, 22 in 2 months) . I am not too fussed about the similarity in performance as firstly i was very happy with the pace of the clio so this should do nicely for the time being and the fact that it is such a differant driving experience that you are not so worried about out and out performance.

It will be nice to get used to how this car drives and handles and if i find it okay to live with in the long run then maybe a turbo one will be the next step in a year or two

Who knows!!