ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The 182 may have to go - error

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
Basically I've recently got my own place and I thought i'd be able to keep the clio but its now getting to the point i'd rather save the money. It costs me £254 a month plus the £80 insurance. I phoned the finance people up and I owe 3k so I'm thinking of selling for 5k :(

I hopefully should be getting a new job end of the week with more £££ so fingers crossed peeps, i'd be gutted if it went

Titanium 182
Getting into a similar mindset mate, it costs me a hell of a lot a month and I have experienced it now... Sooo tempted to sell it pay off the debts and buy a 306 Dturbo or something cheap.

DMS

A thirsty 172
Pay off finance.
Sell Clio
Buy 106 GTi with the 2K you've got left.
Cheaper to insure, you'd have no finance to pay off, performance is similar, they're just as much fun (if not more) and the fuel consumption is about the same if driven gently :D

Titanium 182
Not that bothered about performance in next car after having the 182 tbh. It's nice to drive it fast but in any car with a decent chassis you can have just as much fun in the twistys and I spend too much time driving in/out of Leeds city centre to drive fast.

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
Pay off finance.
Sell Clio
Buy 106 GTi with the 2K you've got left.
Cheaper to insure, you'd have no finance to pay off, performance is similar, they're just as much fun (if not more) and the fuel consumption is about the same if driven gently :D

I have thought of that

Had a GTI before the 182 awesome little motors

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I find the fuel consumption in the GTi is better when driven gently and the same as a 172 when kicking its hole right in