ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The 197's replacement...

Fiesta STripes
So yesterday, I drove the 197 to Stonehenge (well just beyond) to perform a swap of vehicles.

I had no choice but to get rid of the 197, but rather than going down the Fiesta ST route and severely regretting getting rid of the 197, I went down the RS Clio 182 route so now only regret selling the 197 rather than severely regret it lol!

Anyways, here are some pics of the beast. It has both cup packs (I know the front splitter is missing) and a K Tec exhaust:

2.jpg

3-1.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6-1.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9-1.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

LY 200
Made a good choice there mate.

I made the wrong one chopping in my 197 for a Ford Fiesta Metal just before Chirstmas and today i have picked up a 200 as i was really struggling to like it let alone fall in love with it. lol

How come you needed to sell the 197?

Fiesta STripes
The MPG on the 197 was about 10 less than I have had out of the 182 so far, even giving the 182 some stick. Cambelt and rear discs are due soon. And last year, I swapped the 197 for a Fiesta ST for a month - that did some damage to my opinion on the 197 surprisingly!

Fiesta STripes
What's the KTec system worth? Full system with sports cat? Been thinking of a Miltek, I prefer the look of them tbh!

BG FF 182
Lovely example there mate! Looks just like mine when I first picked her up! Everyone knows BG is the best colour! IMO

E85 3.0i
Not back Crackers dear, looks like that exhaust sticks out a smidge?

Should have waited and bought mine :p Hopefully come and see it this summer x

Megane r26
The MPG on the 197 was about 10 less than I have had out of the 182 so far, even giving the 182 some stick. Cambelt and rear discs are due soon. And last year, I swapped the 197 for a Fiesta ST for a month - that did some damage to my opinion on the 197 surprisingly!

Gotta agree with you there on the mpg front, I swapped my 172 ph2 for a 197 an must say it is a bit heavy on the old juice lol

Fiesta STripes
Lovely example there mate! Looks just like mine when I first picked her up! Everyone knows BG is the best colour! IMO

It's a strange one, I would only have a 182 in Black or LY, yet I would NEVER have a 197/200 in black because I just don't like it in black lol!

Megane r26
It was VILE on fuel in comparison lol! Never mind, it really was a better car all round, but I still ADORE the 182!

lol i got mine doing 36mpg on a run but thats really driving like a fag, cc set to 56mph! the old 172 would do better sitting at 80mph all day! Yeah the 182/172's are cracking cars!

Megane r26
its scary aint it, I have a lot of mates in birmingham an I live around 24miles from them. To go to see them an get home costs me atleast a 10-15 quid. I only use the car now when i need to an try to use the missus car more which is awesome on petrol

Fiesta STripes
its scary aint it, I have a lot of mates in birmingham an I live around 24miles from them. To go to see them an get home costs me atleast a 10-15 quid. I only use the car now when i need to an try to use the missus car more which is awesome on petrol

It was the cost of driving places that was ALWAYS on my mind, thats when I kind of realised that there's no point trying to enjoy a car when that is always at the back of your mind!!! I could use the Mrs' car, and I do, but I then thought "whats the point of having the 197?" lol!

I do miss the 200 yea, but I'm the same going from 25-28mpg in the 200 and 34-39mpg in the 182 for me and loosing my job no brainier!

Fiesta STripes
Odd. My parents have a 200 which is getting much better mpg than my 182. My 182 is averaging 31mpg, their 200 33mpg

Example I found out....on the way down to swap the car over, the 197 was getting about 28, on the way back in the 182, it was on 42. That kind of journey was my normal style of driving too :):)

LY 200
Odd. My parents have a 200 which is getting much better mpg than my 182. My 182 is averaging 31mpg, their 200 33mpg

It all comes down to the way you drive them!

I regularly used to see 40 mpg in my 182 and 32 in my 197 with mixed driving.

Fact is drive these cars like you stole them wherever you go and you're bound to see low readings.

The fuel you use is also a factor...

Fiesta STripes
It all comes down to the way you drive them!

I regularly used to see 40 mpg in my 182 and 32 in my 197 with mixed driving.

Fact is drive these cars like you stole them wherever you go and you're bound to see low readings.

The fuel you use is also a factor...

Very true indeed!!!