ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Apple Watch Thread

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
How do people cope with normal watches or print? Or their current phones (without looking a complete d**k with texts showing in 72pt)?
They buy glasses. Smart phones etc have been a massive bonus for opticians. No one over 40 used mms etc 10yrs ago. Now it's the norm to check emails etc on phones. And it's much smaller print. So people that didn't used to have probs until mid to late 40's have trouble earlier.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
They buy glasses. Smart phones etc have been a massive bonus for opticians. No one over 40 used mms etc 10yrs ago. Now it's the norm to check emails etc on phones. And it's much smaller print. So people that didn't used to have probs until mid to late 40's have trouble earlier.

So your point about the 'small' text on the watch is moot; it's no different to what people have to cope with already?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
What if the Apple Watch was round?

http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/11/6134981/apple-watch-round-concept-photo-essay

Looks so awesome in comparison to what we actually got! I would 100% buy this...

tumblr_nbseyo0UOt1ty5x0ko1_1280.png

SAAB 93 Aero TTiD SS
anyone mentioned left-handed use yet? im not left handed but do wear my watch on my right arm so would find this difficult to use.

I hate everything apple so none of this affects me anyway

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
anyone mentioned left-handed use yet? im not left handed but do wear my watch on my right arm so would find this difficult to use.

Im afraid thats your own fault for being a weirdo. Crowns and pushers are generally on the right hand side for a reason.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR

It's been mentioned that you can flip the screen over the other way... but I've not seen it confirmed.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Im afraid thats your own fault for being a weirdo. Crowns and pushers are generally on the right hand side for a reason.
I'm the same. Broke my wrist in several places so I have to wear it on the wrong side.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Announcement is today.

Quite intrigued, even if the product isn't likely to be for me.

I'm doing a project with wearables at the moment, the growth they're predicting is immense.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Most expensive configuration is $17,000 f**king joke! Ugly as hell... no thanks.

New MacBook looks nice apart from in gold, which is hedious. One port though makes it a no go for my usage.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
$10,000 for a gold apple watch..... Err no
The type of people that have that sort of money to hand over for a watch will either be hard core watch enthusiasts or Russian/ Middle-Eastern mill/billionaires. It's not aimed at us mere mortals.

First time in a long time I've been really unimpressed with a new Apple product. From a design perspective, it may be nice to look at - but overall, it just doesn't seem right.
The way just a few lines of massive text are on the screen when looking at any bit of information just looks odd. And very un-Apple. It just reeks of making it for the sake of it because Samsung et al are doing smart watches now.

In a few years it may well be amazing. But not yet for me.

And the $10K (or £20K..) one is truly a piss take. I thought it was when Tim mumbled the price under his breath, but it turns out it is in fact genuine.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
id sooner deep fat fry my own stool and serve it to myself with a side of fries, than own this...

Clever but totally Pointless...

Just another excuse to be mugged. Now they access to instant payments, your garage etc.

Never been a fan of the concept and wouldn't wear one. I don't think it will become anything like the iPad unless you see prices drop... Lots.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
They'll sell loads as above but smart watches are pointless things.

At the minute but we'll all have one someday... comply citizen of Europe. It's not for me either but even I can see points for and against them. It needs to be cheaper for me to splash out for one now though.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
As said before a product to win us over need to do it better, with more simplicity and conveniently...

I have a phone in my pocket that can do everything and more than that watch, plus 90% of my laptop needs on the go...

The smart watchs need to do a hell of a lot more before Id sniff about one..

What about a "let's fxxk" app exclusive to the watch.. you set you app for casual sex, and it highlights when someone else in nearby, you check out their picture and if you each other it'll bring you together. You meet, hi five and then blow your beans all over her knockers down a dark alleyway and cheer...

"Let's bum" and "let's rug rub" apps will be out shortly after...

Listerine & Poledo
Will there be a w4nk stroke counter?
Seeing as it's Apple, no. As that would be naughty.
I'd rather wear a watch than one of these things. Is it right that the top-spec gold one would come out at something like £13k? You could get a properly mint TAG for that, which wouldn't devalue like a modified Clio, doesn't run out of charge every other day and wont make you desperate to show everyone your wrist.
In fact, I'd rather a Casio TV-remote watch.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I can see why we'll all have these in the future.

Why would I want to dig my phone out of my pocket to read and respond to a text or to check an appointment or directions when it's available immediately on my wrist?

Once the technology improves, I'll have one...just not an Apple one as, comparatively, they'll be ridiculously overpriced.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I can see why we'll all have these in the future.

Why would I want to dig my phone out of my pocket to read and respond to a text or to check an appointment or directions when it's available immediately on my wrist?

Once the technology improves, I'll have one...just not an Apple one as, comparatively, they'll be ridiculously overpriced.
I thought that. Bar replying, all those functions with the pebble. Haven't used it in months, just sat gathering dust.
The only thing that they offer over a phone, is not needing to take my phone out of my pocket. Not that an apple phone even fits in the average pocket ;).
Not sure I want to live in a world where taking a phone out of a pocket is considered an inconvenience.
They'll be adopted by geeks etc, but unless it offers in pocket sexual favours, it'll never ever replace my inaccurate automatic watches.

Listerine & Poledo
So this is just going to promote further laziness?

IF it's got a camera in the front of it, it'll surely be a worldwide hit with need-enthusiasts and celebwankers who simply must selfie to feel like they've done something with their day.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I thought that. Bar replying, all those functions with the pebble. Haven't used it in months, just sat gathering dust.
The only thing that they offer over a phone, is not needing to take my phone out of my pocket. Not that an apple phone even fits in the average pocket :wink:.
Not sure I want to live in a world where taking a phone out of a pocket is considered an inconvenience.
They'll be adopted by geeks etc, but unless it offers in pocket sexual favours, it'll never ever replace my inaccurate automatic watches.

I see what you're saying...but, until just over 2 years ago a global multitude of Apple iPhone users swore blind and absolutely refused to accept that you needed anything more on a phone than a 3.5 inch screen. Do they think that now? Who'd be happy going back to a postage stamp of a screen?

If they do take off I think it'll be because they end up buying into it, which encourages more development, which will make them more user friendly and tenable as an everyday wearable, so more people will buy into them etc etc etc.

At the minute but we'll all have one someday... comply citizen of Europe. It's not for me either but even I can see points for and against them. It needs to be cheaper for me to splash out for one now though.
I had the Sony one for a short while. Although it has nothing on this it was still pointless.

Listerine & Poledo
Stick a 1/2 eaten piece of fruit on any old piece of pointless s**t and every sheep will be lining up around the block to get their hands on one.

Will there be a decent support network in place for all the people who will end up getting knifed in the street for their iTime?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I don't agree at all. Something that offers something new has the potential to become essential (like the mobile phone). But this is an accessory. It'll never pull me away from a traditional watch.

Suzuki Jimny
I don't agree at all. Something that offers something new has the potential to become essential (like the mobile phone)

Agreed, when the iPad was announced everyone was saying that there's no point when you can just use a laptop and they've sold quite a few iPads.

Inferno 182 CUP
Very underwhelmed by this! Stupid expensive for what it is. Not sold. Such a shame! - the new MacBook however [emoji108]

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Agreed, when the iPad was announced everyone was saying that there's no point when you can just use a laptop and they've sold quite a few iPads.
Tablets do offer something that laptops don't. This doesn't. No one has said it won't be a success? Simply that I don't see the point/value having been an early adopter of similar tech. It's a solution to a problem that doesn't exist for me.
I'm the same with tablets. I use the kindle app on my tablet, but excluding that it's used for less than an hour a week.