ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Best mod i'v ever done :) (pics)

Ph1.2 / VW Polo
jack, axle stands, 14mm (maybe 13mm) socket bit with long extension.
something to prize the rubber bits out, small flat head small driver is perfect.

is all

Monaco 53/468
I lowered mine last weekend, didn't read through the thread and realised afterwards that you can't slide the seat! DOH!

So I took the seat back out and put the front spacer thingys back in and left the rears out

Now the seat slides back and forth, I sit lower down and Ive got some support behind my knees! Sorted!

Oh and its a deep drive 13mm that you'll need

F56 MINI Cooper S
jack, axle stands, 14mm (maybe 13mm) socket bit with long extension.
something to prize the rubber bits out, small flat head small driver is perfect.

is all
dont have axel stands. Will my standard jack do? Once the seat is out put the car back down, get the rubber bits out, put the seat back in, jack it back up to do the bolts up...

Is it just a case of taking the rubber bits out which lowers it the 15mm or watever?

Ph1.2 / VW Polo
i wouldnt trust the jack alone if i was gettin under the car, if it fails your dead basically.
post a thread in the wanted section see if anyone near you has some you can borrow.
or you can buy em cheap enough, come in handy in the future if you wanna lower your car or whatever.

F56 MINI Cooper S
i wouldnt trust the jack alone if i was gettin under the car, if it fails your dead basically.
post a thread in the wanted section see if anyone near you has some you can borrow.
or you can buy em cheap enough, come in handy in the future if you wanna lower your car or whatever.
how much are they roughly?

Ph1.2 / VW Polo
well you un-do the bits holding it in, then lift seat up and prize the rubber bits out.
dosent have to come out the car, but it does have to be free if you know what i mean. theres a guide in the guide section.

and if you put it straight back in you wont be able to slide the seat anymore, but i think if you put some washers in you still can. im not sure on that bit, its covered in this thread somewhere.

depends if your bother about the seat not sliding.
i wasnt bothered, the passenger one still moves.

F56 MINI Cooper S
well you un-do the bits holding it in, then lift seat up and prize the rubber bits out.
dosent have to come out the car, but it does have to be free if you know what i mean. theres a guide in the guide section.

and if you put it straight back in you wont be able to slide the seat anymore, but i think if you put some washers in you still can. im not sure on that bit, its covered in this thread somewhere.

depends if your bother about the seat not sliding.
i wasnt bothered, the passenger one still moves.
no not too fussed about it moving as i always have it in the same place anyway. Do you have the link for the guide?

200 Gordini
2 normal washers leaves the seat to move freely.

Thats what i done but will be taking one out to which will leave the seat harder to move but it still does.

i have no spacers left in mine now, and its slower at sliding, but it stil slides and as i hardley use the back seats it dont bother me.

F56 MINI Cooper S
theres two in the exhasut tunnel you prob wont be able to get to without jacking it up.
ok, well me and my old man are giving it ago tomorrow, going to chance just using a jack. Are the bolts in the exhaust tunnel that hard to find? Then just a case of taking those black things out...

Oh, and how tight are the bolts done up? dont want the car moving whilst on a jack

well there through cut outs in the heat shield for the exhasut so you may be able to feel you way to them, once you find the holes in the heat shield just feed the socket through and try and find the bolt. i woulndt want to do it this way as your head / top half of body will be under the car and that shitty renault jack but may be able to do it. the outside two ones you already found, are the only ones with rubber caps on.

mine werent that tight just came undone with a good tug........

F56 MINI Cooper S
well there through cut outs in the heat shield for the exhasut so you may be able to feel you way to them, once you find the holes in the heat shield just feed the socket through and try and find the bolt. i woulndt want to do it this way as your head / top half of body will be under the car and that s**tty renault jack but may be able to do it. the outside two ones you already found, are the only ones with rubber caps on.

mine werent that tight just came undone with a good tug........
oh, may have to get some of those axel stands then, will i be able to get them in halfords store? Is this what you used?