ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Best mod i'v ever done :) (pics)

TrackCar & F30 330d
After some guys on here said about lowering the orginal seats.
I'v had a go tonight and it has been the best mod i'v made.
Here are a few pictures of just how low i have got the seat. I have lowered the drivers seat and left the passengers one for now.
I'm well happy with it :)
IMG_3630.jpg

IMG_3622.jpg

IMG_3624.jpg

IMG_3629.jpg

:D

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Doing a guide would get you much loving on here mate ;)

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
4 bolts off under the car, lift seat, remove spacers/vibration mounts ( as pictured ) re-instal seat.. Job done! although you "may" have trouble with the sliders now

Audi TT 3.2 V6
a guide would be much appreciated. Think ill do both my front seats...the passenger side is stupidly high

awesome stuff....

Why do people need a guide... 4 bolts under car, lift seat, remove the crap, refit seat, refit bolts.

TrackCar & F30 330d
4 bolts off under the car, lift seat, remove spacers/vibration mounts ( as pictured ) re-instal seat.. Job done! although you "may" have trouble with the sliders now

Yep thats what i did.

Oh and the last bit, yeah i cant slide the seat, but currently i have on rear interiour so no need for sliding the seat. The seat is set in my driving position.
I'd recomend doing it to the drivers seat, you can allways leave the passengers seat for people to get in the back :)

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds like a good idea.

As a side note, I was a passenger in my car for first time last weekend and it's like being a child in a high chair again!

200 Gordini
Going to do this with my recaros tomorrow.

What size washers shall i put under the frame so it wont catch on the carpet

TrackCar & F30 330d
Going to do this with my recaros tomorrow.

What size washers shall i put under the frame so it wont catch on the carpet

I didnt use a washer so mine catches on the carpet.
A washer the size of a 20 - 50 pence peice, at least a 8mm inner diameter too.
:)

TrackCar & F30 330d
Yeah you can still have them sliding if you put a little washer in brings the seat up like 2mm, but i went for the impractical version and got 2mm lower :cool:

ITB'd 182...
whats the point in it tho ??

Most reviews of the sports have been slated bye the driving position being too high, Saying that your sat on it, not in it :)

This mod lowers the seating position enhancing the driving positoin

ITB'd 182...
How hard where the bolts on the underside of the car to get to matey???

Only got a small jack :(

TrackCar & F30 330d
How hard where the bolts on the underside of the car to get to matey???

Only got a small jack :(

They are really easy to get to, just look where the bolts are in the car and look/feel where the bolt is. I used a 13mm socket i think :)