ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Big manchester meet

Homo spec mazda
Some pics and a writeup by one of my mates who attended in the Red FC vert.

http://ej9.co.uk/?p=733

6117019038_f611c18578_z.jpg

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
camber + power = money just running away from your pocket lol

Still I think it's worth it for the super cool look :)

Homo spec mazda
Eds car the purple s14 is running 6 degrees camber on the front and thats literally the least he can run

Homo spec mazda
HSDs dude. plenty of room for lowers, infact i would be lower if it wasnt for my pesky driveway

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Awesome pic of the rear of my car wish id kept the front wheels straight :(

Homo spec mazda
Not being funny but its a properly used car, Its not some little nancy boy lifestyler car, it gets drifted a lot, at loads of drift days. He has room to run camber but he wouldnt want any less as it helps on turn in, and as for rotas ye they are rotas, but again, its not a lifestyler car, it gets used,so when mistakes happen I know id rather replace a Rota then a real TE37. One of our mates recently binned his s14a with work emotions on it, then replaced them woth Rotas, other then slight weight difference we cant really tell.

Ah the age old 'lifestyler" s**t. Didn't realise we were on driftworks.

Of course -6 deg will help on turn in, there's f**k all tyre on the floor. I'm -2.5 and that improved turn in massively.

Not really. It's a gay term made up for anybody who doesn't drift but has a "drift look" car. Which is very hard not to have a "drift look" car, seeing as drifters run all the same parts anybody else with a RWD Jap car would.

If anything,the Rotas that most run are more "lifestyler" than anything, by being cheap copies of the real thing ;)

Homo spec mazda
Not really. It's a gay term made up for anybody who doesn't drift but has a "drift look" car. Which is very hard not to have a "drift look" car, seeing as drifters run all the same parts anybody else with a RWD Jap car would.

If anything,the Rotas that most run are more "lifestyler" than anything, by being cheap copies of the real thing ;)

Well no, its more the "I run 6 degrees negative camber so i can change direction better"
"Look at my different coloured panels... theyre drift scars"

etc, that makes the lifestyling tag, your right, they do run similar parts, but your car looks a whole heap cleaner then Ed's and thats simply because his is made to take sheer abuse. Whereas you care more about yours. He doesnt care at all about his.

And Like I said, Id rather replace a rota then a TE37, both are functional wheels :)

TBH, I don't think many non drifters would run -6 normally unless they had the car so low that it would scrape on a feeler gauge lol. Drift scars, well we all know zipties are an easy way to fix things, and more and more decent RWD cars are becoming so cheap (S-Bodies, MXs, BMs etc etc) that people will just fix them on the cheap as they're not worth it.

I'd still love to drift mine, but after having it painted it's not worth it. That is, unless the chassis turns out to be bent, then it may just become some nail of a drifter. The engine is certainly in dog rough shape, so that's one step closer ;)

Oh, and mine still gets used hard, just because it's not sideways on an airfield every weekend doesn't mean it's not getting pushed hard and abused!

Homo spec mazda
TBH, I don't think many non drifters would run -6 normally unless they had the car so low that it would scrape on a feeler gauge lol. Drift scars, well we all know zipties are an easy way to fix things, and more and more decent RWD cars are becoming so cheap (S-Bodies, MXs, BMs etc etc) that people will just fix them on the cheap as they're not worth it.

I'd still love to drift mine, but after having it painted it's not worth it. That is, unless the chassis turns out to be bent, then it may just become some nail of a drifter. The engine is certainly in dog rough shape, so that's one step closer ;)

Oh, and mine still gets used hard, just because it's not sideways on an airfield every weekend doesn't mean it's not getting pushed hard and abused!

I totally get where your coming from, but there is a very obvious "lifestyling" minority and they do it to look like cool drift peoples... when infact theyre not. Again your right it may get used hard, but how often do you do 90/100mph entries?

Yeah I'm not ripping up the handbrake into a corner, but you'd be surprised how easy it is for the old alignment arms to slacken off after a thrash, just like a session of drifting.