ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Black Pearl (1.2)

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
I put my sill protectors on with Silicone mate. About the only thing that will hold them that won't mark when removed.

I have some double sided tape left over from my number plate, didn't know whether to us that or not, I'm guessing they just sit flush and not tucked under the seal or anything silly?

I think you're probably the only person that reads my thread mate it's probably quite boring really, thanks though

I wouldn't use the tape to be honest mate, as it will mark the paint underneath. Use some silicone. A few quid at B&Q. Pull away the seal and you'll see some arrows, they align with the arrows on the Sill.

I keep up to date with your thread and try to help where I can. I'd want the same back :)

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
I wouldn't use the tape to be honest mate, as it will mark the paint underneath. Use some silicone. A few quid at B&Q. Pull away the seal and you'll see some arrows, they align with the arrows on the Sill.

I keep up to date with your thread and try to help where I can. I'd want the same back :smile:

It's ridiculously good tape too haha! Rear number plate won't budge!

Okay will do, seems the safer option! thanks I will do this sometime in the week! When I get round to it!

Thanks man, appreciate it! Haha I do try, I'm pretty bad at following things on here though! I notice you've ordered leather for your steering wheel, very interested to see how this comes out, the first chap that did it, i just think it looks like a cheap steering wheel cover! But I'm still looking forward to how yours turns out, did you order similar leather to his?

I ordered exactly the same one. I have a sport wheel I bought off a dude at CSS in the shed. I don't want it in until it's refurbished as it's quite melted so this is a stopgap until I can be bothered to do it!

No I'll do my standard wheel with this.

I've got bigger things to worry about currently, the car sound like a 1950's motorbike. Think it's the exhaust manifold. Going to a garage in the morning.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Car with the front painted bits look great and your repairs do too. Tbh I know you said they are not perfect but they are 100% better than beforehand!

Wings came up great too :smile:

Definitely get a clean plate. Halfords do them and you can't even see the halfords logo. £15 well spent I say.

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
No I'll do my standard wheel with this.

I've got bigger things to worry about currently, the car sound like a 1950's motorbike. Think it's the exhaust manifold. Going to a garage in the morning.

Looking forward to seeing the end result!

Strangely enough so is mine! Haha, it sounds like a Mustang puttering on idle!

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
Car with the front painted bits look great and your repairs do too. Tbh I know you said they are not perfect but they are 100% better than beforehand!

Wings came up great too :smile:

Definitely get a clean plate. Halfords do them and you can't even see the halfords logo. £15 well spent I say.

Thank you bud, I'm actually pretty pleased with the jobs I've done painting so far! Strips especially, I suppose you're right, the blending on the wheel arches is only noticeable up close, like centre metres away so that's good!

Yeah only did one wing as they'll get dirty I'm storage and will be easier to do on the car! Love a bargain

Yeah I want to get fresh plates, there's loads of things I want to do but it's just about doing what when, so many things on the list!

Also mate, have you had any experience with flocked parts? Or heard anything? Considering getting a full dash except centre console flocked?!
Just thought I'd ask

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
Update:

Received a very exciting parcel today, been waiting for a while for one of these!
Can anyone guess what it is?
image.jpg

Old spoiler off! Ew plastic
image.jpg
image.jpg

Had a bit of hassle with the light, after soldering the wires and everything together, I found that the brake light wasn't working! Took the whole light apart to find connectors were corroded, cleaned them up and boom it worked. Managed to blow a fuse In the process too, oops!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

cup spoiler fitted, very pleased with this! Makes such a big difference to the rear end! However it makes the rear bumper look sooooo shabby, this needs to be done soon as

Plans in next month are too;
Good clean, clay bar whole car.
Satin black front grill
Get sport rear bumper sorted
New number plate light holder
Flocked interior
Spray scuttle cover satin black
Bosch wipers on the front

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
very nice work ! and good mods
stay in this way ...
Thank you! Much appreciate it, I take pride in what I do, I try to make it of the best it can be!

Will do, just trying to neaten it up!

Looking good.
Thanks

Cup spoiler makes a big difference. I prefer it over any other Clio spoiler, inc the trophy/V6.

Plans sound good too.
Yeah totally agree! Don't think the normal sport spoiler that's colour coded makes much of a difference tbh, especially on a black car, hence why I went for the cup spoiler!

Thanks mate, so many plans so little money

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
I think things will be halted on this for a little while picked my car up from the garage this morning for the second time, fingers crossed it's fixed this time! It went In the garage twice this week for the same issue!

Faced quite a hefty bill mostly labour ouchhh.

But I'm doing a few things for a friend, spraying his wheels, and doing a headlight restoration on his car, so that'll bring in a little extra cash!

In the mean time;
I'm waiting on sports bumper front and rear off the same guy I got the wings from!
And I'm in the process of getting a quote for having parts of Interior flocked by BlackSheepFlocking on eBay, I'm going for a slightly different theme to what most people would go for, but fingers crossed again that it will look good, I hope it'll look smart! I'm very excited for this

Tom

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
The one day I have plenty planned to do on the car and it rains all day. Fantastic!

Anyone got £500 they can lend me or donate so I can get spacers, springs and new exhaust

Thinking about getting a new exhaust for the Clio, something that's got a little throaty roar too it but not really loud, or loud for that matter. Just something that's nice and subtle? Anyone got any suggestions for this, this isn't my area of experties

Was looking at a sportex exhaust on eBay for £80, is that something good? I don't have a cluehttp://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=291546628036&globalID=EBAY-GB

Or do I wait on the exhaust as I plan to get twin exhaust when I get the sport bumper sorted out, I understand yes the spare wheel well is in the way, but apparently there's a system that works around this, should I wait?

Probably should've asked this on a different section rather than my thread.

Also, got a few new products for cleaning the car, got a few more things coming in the post too, all this for £36 isn't bad if you ask me
image.jpg

Spraying my front grill satin black soon, any tips/advice on doing?
Feel free to rearrange my process;
Clean
Rub down 240 grit
Plastic primer several coats
Rub down with 1200 grit
Spray several satin black coats
Then what? I understand why you don't lacquer but won't this need some kind of protection as its prone to chipping?
Not enough a very light dust coat so you get a overspray finish?

Thanks for reading.

Corolla T-Sport
Thinking about getting a new exhaust for the Clio, something that's got a little throaty roar too it but not really loud, or loud for that matter. Just something that's nice and subtle? Anyone got any suggestions for this, this isn't my area of experties

Personally I would look at ktec exhausts, go for the stealth if you don't fancy cutting your bumper, or the supersport which is slightly louder however is recessed (I have the supersport and love it). Second hand you can get them around the £100 mark. From what i've heard the sportex ones are loud and drone on the motorway. Good work so far bud keep it up.

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
Personally I would look at ktec exhausts, go for the stealth if you don't fancy cutting your bumper, or the supersport which is slightly louder however is recessed (I have the supersport and love it). Second hand you can get them around the £100 mark. From what i've heard the sportex ones are loud and drone on the motorway. Good work so far bud keep it up.

I plan cutting the bumper yes, that's why I'm thinking actually I should just wait for when I get twin exhausts, that's if I ever decide to do it. I think it makes more sense just waiting. Thanks bud

Clio mk2

Was looking at a sportex exhaust on eBay for £80, is that something good? I don't have a cluehttp://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=291546628036&globalID=EBAY-GB

Or do I wait on the exhaust as I plan to get twin exhaust when I get the sport bumper sorted out, I understand yes the spare wheel well is in the way, but apparently there's a system that works around this, should I wait?

I have a powerflow on my 1.2. It's one of their smaller ones and is pretty much perfect in my eyes for noise. Not stupid loud, just more throaty/sportier.

But if your looking for a twin for the future I'd personally wait.

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
Update:
Well at the weekend Inbetween the stupid British weather I decided to try out my new cleaning things, I clayed my whole car! Bloody hell, what a difference this makes! Also it's very easy to do! If you haven't yet do it, makes such a difference, paintwork is lovely and smooth now!
image.jpg

My wheels seem to get so so dirty, I need to get some kind of protectant on them, any suggestions?
image.jpg

But oh wow they do clean up very wheel!
image.jpg

I have some different valve caps on order, as the green just doesn't fit in at all.
Not sure what people think about this, but centre caps! I think my alloys are really lacking centre caps! But strangely, they are a ridiculous size! Something like 64.5mm instead of he usual 60mm, I have some caps that I got with the wheels but not sure about them, will get them black and put them on and see what they look like. Anyone got any suggestions for this? Just don't like seeing the centre rusty bore!

I then removed the Mitchell's Renault sticker from the back, not sure why it's lasted so long to be honest. So ugly, looks so much better without it. More importantly, the all important 'cliosport.net' sticker added
Please note this is before cleaned so don't say it looks dirty
image.jpg
image.jpg

All clean with Clio sport sticker! So much better, especially when you look in the rear view mirror and you see it haha! Oh the little things

Bit of beading after the clean, not that impressive I know, but still looks so cool imo
image.jpg
image.jpg

And finally... Keys looking smart
image.jpg

I have a few things coming in the post this week, and next week! Including a lot of paint, for free woo! Grill will be satin black! Along with other things!

Doing a lot of little things at the minute! All little touches make up to a great finish! Thanks for looking, sorry it's boring

Tom

Reactions: Gus

rsdan

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph2 182
Coming along well mate , will be good to see another little replica in the area when you've got the sport kit fitted as well:up:

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
Update:

A few things arrived in the post this week! I order too many things
image.jpg

Teams Hekos from @NinjaGutz on here! Not fitted yet as I'm waiting for some clips to come in the post. But been looking for some of these for a while now, good seller!

I stripped the rear seats out and took out the spare wheel because I was going to collect some things from a breaker! Few things for me and few things for me.
It was a few days before I had to go and collect them so I enjoyed the very light Clio in the mean time, it's amazing the difference it makes to weight just by taking rear seats and spare wheel, I know it's only a 1.2 but it's still a lot quicker like this! Acceleration especially! I'm tempted to leave the rear seats out and lay some sound deadening and carpet down!
image.jpg

I'm very excited about this update. I was getting myself a sport bumper! Couldn't wait!
I've seen so many threads on here asking about fitting things into the back of a Clio and many people replying with no, won't fit

Well I fitted a full sport interior, sport grill, arch liners and sport bumper and a few other little bits all into the back, so if anyone says it's not possible, well yes it clearly is!
The sport interior and grill was for my mates Clio!

image.jpg

Really really pleased with this, wasn't going to get one, but just couldn't say no to it!
So I thought I'd give the car a good clean before fitting it, as it desperately needed one bloody Norfolk roads buh, filthy
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Honestly never seen this car so clean, paying the extra money for cleaning products really does make a difference!
I can't imagine how much of a difference it would be once I can afford stuff like auto finesse, claying the car made a huge difference! I can't stop looking at it shine out the front

Probably won't stay clean for long round here though need to start using the quick detailer, haven't got the jist of that yet, it worries me that I'll scratch the paint!

Also picked up some new speakers from the breaker guy because he was selling them for cheap, it was a good job I did get some, I blew the old ones on the way home
image.jpg

Very easy to fit too, same size, just needed a bit of wiring and if you know what you're doing it only takes 5 minutes, sound wuality is a massive improvement. Just need to get some for the front now!

If you already saw I had a go at respraying my grill satin black, it turned out really badly, I got in contact directly with the paint company and I've been told I was sent end of the line paint, out of date, that I shouldn't of been sent. I was refunded straight away and I received new paint which is in the newer cans. I shall spray it again!

I will get pictures up of the bumper on the car, I can't wait!!

Should be getting some spacers soon too! Exciting times
Thanks for looking
Tom

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    840.8 KB · Views: 120

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
Update 1 of 2: done several things this week too the Clio! I haven't pictured everything yet! But I fitted the sport bumper earlier in the week, honestly makes such a big difference, i love the way it looks now!

Old bumper
image.jpg

image.jpg

Old bumper off! (Ooo those tires desperately need some tyre shine)
image.jpg

New bumper on! (Sorry about the poor pictures, but have a few more)
image.jpg
image.jpg

Need lows
image.jpg
image.jpg

Beautiful

I am really photobombing on this, oops, oh well I really like how it looks, so why not show it off Yes before anyone says it I need lows and spacers I'm trying!
image.jpg
image.jpg

I love how clean it's looking, paintwork is just lovely! Love reflections like in the picture above. QD is amazing stuff! Sorry for the photo bomb! Never mind hope you like it as much as I do!

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
Update 2 of 2:
Got a new number plate light holder as the old one was looking horrible! Freshens it up, just the little things all add up!
image.jpg

Before:
image.jpg

After:
image.jpg

Grill is now Satin Black, which looks so much better now! Much nicer than grey, haven't got any pictures of it on the car just yet will get one soon
image.jpg

Something that I've wanted to do for a while is get some Team Heko's! Finally, here they are fitted!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Big fan of these on a black car, think they look great imo!

Spraying a few parts on my dash! They should be done next week!
image.jpg
image.jpg

Looking smart! I hope you all like what I'm doing, thanks for looking!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Car is coming along well.

The condition of that rear bumper looks in vgc and. Matches the cup spoiler on the rear nicely, and the cs sticker too!

I have those speakers in my Clio. Got them from the one we broke recently. There not too bad actually.

Grill is going to look good once fitted too. What was your stages? I meant to reply but forgot, but I did think that 240 grit was too harsh. As there pretty smooth I'd of started with 1200. In fact I think I did on my old one.

Glad your enjoying it. That's half the point of tinkering with cars tbh.

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
Car is coming along well.

The condition of that rear bumper looks in vgc and. Matches the cup spoiler on the rear nicely, and the cs sticker too!

I have those speakers in my Clio. Got them from the one we broke recently. There not too bad actually.

Grill is going to look good once fitted too. What was your stages? I meant to reply but forgot, but I did think that 240 grit was too harsh. As there pretty smooth I'd of started with 1200. In fact I think I did on my old one.

Glad your enjoying it. That's half the point of tinkering with cars tbh.

Cheers pal!

Yeah I'm pretty pleased with the condition, pearl black and good condition doesn't seem to mix well in a sentence yeah I like the way it looks with the cup spoiler etc, just think a nice shiny or two exhausts would complete the rear end nicely.

As for the speakers, yeah I'm pretty pleased with them too! Just a better quality of sound from them, especially when it's cranked up!

In the end I did go up to 400 grit for primer however, the primer had a much stronger key to the 240 grit. But doesn't matter now it's done, it wasn't conditions or anything it was actually dodgy paint, Amazon had been sending out there end of stock clearance hycote stuff, after getting in contact with hycote they told me that all that stuff is out of date and the majority of the last batch that Amazon has was in fact infected? If that's the right word. Hycote have now got a new line of stock which I've used and it's very good!

Ended up getting my grill sprayed for free

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
Update;
(This is 33 minutes late)
I'm 18 today so I thought I'd do an update!

Been a bit quiet with the car recently. Hasn't been a lot going on, I've been looking into lowering and exhaust a lot! Mainly exhaust, I'm not a fan of the single exhaust look, I see it as the easy option, the most common. I like to be different, I'm looking into getting the 182 style exhaust, not the Ktec one but one similar to joes 182 rep that he got made up, only thing that's holding that back is funding. I love the 182 exhaust, think it looks so neat. Anyway, onto the car
So after much luck my sunroof starting the leak, but the seal looked fine when looking so I thought I'd check the drains! This was the outcome, sunroof now doesn't leak! I guess that's what 73k of blockage looks like and it stunk badly
image.jpg

Had a few things come in the post, decals, French flag for grill and a lot of free paint!
image.jpg

I wanted to spray some plastic trim interior gloss black as I had never really liked the carbon wrap or the silver OEM look. I sprayed the speedo dials, dash strips, centre console, hazard panel and stereo fascia or whatever it's called, all in gloss black. I must say I'm so pleased with with it, love how the little things make a difference. Looks so much smarter and fresh now! I kinda messed up on the airbag sticker though, so eventually I shall do that again but I managed to save it the best I can!
image.jpg
image.jpg

Hope you all like it as much as I do, only problem is it shows up the dust a lot more. Is there a repellant or anything I can use for this? just to help it a little so I'm not wiping it clean every time I step in the car?

I also fitted the sill protectors a few weeks ago, but never pictured them! So he's a very piss poor picture
image.jpg

All the interior needs now is sport interior and a sport steering wheel for me, think a sport steering wheel makes the world of difference! Some Alcantara pillars would be nice too

Here's the speedo dials before and after! Keeping the red and black theme going even on the speedo! Looks so good, so eye satisfying looking down at that now!
image.jpg

Here's the look from a drivers perspective
image.jpg

And finally, all the dashboard finally fitted! With it all looking very fresh. I do love all the little touches people do to their car, I hope people like mine.
image.jpg

I love how it looks inside now, just need the gear stick insert along with a sport steering both black and red themed! Oh and some nice shiny pedals are needed! Looking good imo! Enjoy!

Also decided to colour code my old bumper for better chances of selling it, here's the result. Not sure if I'm going to sell it yet or not, hmm
image.jpg
image.jpg

What kinda price could I be looking at for this?

Hopefully I'll gain more motivation for the car and start getting some more things done on it. I'm considering spray the majority of the plastic parts, window mirrors, scuttle panel etc just to get rid of the plastic faded look
Has anyone ever sprayed the mirrors plastic bit that connects to the car? Is it easy to remove?

Cheers for looking! Sorry if any of this doesn't make sense, I'm very tired haha

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
Gone a bit quiet on this at the moment. Part loosing motivation, part looking at cheap 182's that need repairs that I could work on whenever I wanted, I think that's just a silly idea though and most part working.

However!! Received a few things in the post this week, was quite amusing seeing Posty Pat judging with my 10 parcels
image.jpg

New red dust caps, to get rid of those horrid green ones. Red & black theme continuing! This is the only picture I have sorry! but you get the idea
image.jpg

Got sent the wrong centre caps, don't fit anyway! Why do my wheels have to be such an awkward size grrr, turinis are calling my name hmm

Ive gone led crazy this week but I do love the white LED look!
Fitted a strip into the boot so I can actually see what I'm getting out of the boot instead of lucky dipping all the time it's soooo so bright, when you open its just a spacecraft opening its doors in the movies, just without the smoke it looks really nice, my mum loves it, I think she just visualises the amount of shopping she could fit into the boot though
Buttttt... it's too bright, after fitting I've thought of a better place to put, I'm either going to try restick it in the new place or just order a new strip!
image.jpg
image.jpg

It's such an improvement though, makes me wanna go led mad

I ordered 4 x 30cm strips for the footwells, got these installed at the weekend so when the cars unlocked the lights come on in the footwells, along with opening of doors! It looks so so smart, pictures don't do it just but wow it's so good!
image.jpg

The front! Such a nice white too!
image.jpg

The rear, I love it
image.jpg

image.jpg

I also have it on a switch so if you need to see in the footwells while going along, boom! Such a good mod, one of my favourites so cheap too! The little things are the best
Emails have been sent around to various companies about a custom built exhaust, 182 style. I just have my heart set on this, not sure why but we'll see what happens!
My plans change all the time but on my list is;
Get gear insert sprayed and decaled
Sport steering with insert sprayed and decaled
French flag grill stickers on
Renault f1 team sticker on bonnet (not sure)
Engine cover
Bee sting aerial
Chrome interior handles
Exhaust of some kind
Sport pedals and foot rest
Alcantara pillars (need help and advice for that)
2.0 litre engine conve... Nah joking I wish
New wipers
Rear wiper blank smoothed and painted
Spacers
Lowered
Centre caps
Cree reversing bulbs
Front speakers & tweakers
New mounts and any servicing/parts needed

Thanks for looking

Really like this and is coming along nicely

My only bit of advice would be to change the alloys to perhaps 182's. Think that would set it off.

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
Really like this and is coming along nicely

My only bit of advice would be to change the alloys to perhaps 182's. Think that would set it off.

Thanks a lot! Glad someone likes it

Yeah I must admit I have been looking at new alloys despite how pleased I was with my ones, I've been looking at Turinis and 182 wheels, I'm more of a Turinis guy but the price difference is swaying me towards 182 alloys, looking for some on the cheap tbh! Not sure how much I'd get for mine either?! What do you reckon?

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
f**king hell, you have absolutely transformed that car ! It looks absolutely awesome dude. Great spraying skills, really impressive how well you colour coded your old bumper. Some many nice little touches add up to a car that is a dream to own. I actually really like those wheels and they suit the car well.

Thanks a lot! Glad someone likes it

Yeah I must admit I have been looking at new alloys despite how pleased I was with my ones, I've been looking at Turinis and 182 wheels, I'm more of a Turinis guy but the price difference is swaying me towards 182 alloys, looking for some on the cheap tbh! Not sure how much I'd get for mine either?! What do you reckon?

You'd likely pick up a decent set of 182s with tyres for around 200. I'd stick your current ones on ebay mate. See what sort of interest you get. Oh and definitely lower it! Just loweres my 182. Looks a lot better, feel those bumps though!