ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Black Pearl (1.2)

f**king hell, you have absolutely transformed that car ! It looks absolutely awesome dude. Great spraying skills, really impressive how well you colour coded your old bumper. Some many nice little touches add up to a car that is a dream to own. I actually really like those wheels and they suit the car well.

They do suit it. I prefer the oem look though

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
f**king hell, you have absolutely transformed that car ! It looks absolutely awesome dude. Great spraying skills, really impressive how well you colour coded your old bumper. Some many nice little touches add up to a car that is a dream to own. I actually really like those wheels and they suit the car well.

hahaha:smile: thanks a lot mate, appreciate it! just so keen to get a nice exhaust now! it has come a long way! but still got a lot planned, i dont want to go over the top, just want to keep it respectable:wink: cheers, i enjoy spraying too! so pleased with the colour coding on the front im not even bothered about getting the sport front bumper! :grimacing: i love the little touches on cars, so cheap to do too!
im glad you like the wheels, i was really worried they were going to look rubbish! they are very rare too! im yet to come across the same wheels anywhere online! i do agree they suit the car well but the price of the 182 wheels these days its just so tempting to get some, depending on how much i get for mine!
appreciate the comments! :)
You'd likely pick up a decent set of 182s with tyres for around 200. I'd stick your current ones on ebay mate. See what sort of interest you get. Oh and definitely lower it! Just loweres my 182. Looks a lot better, feel those bumps though!
yeah you see £200 is a bit out of my budget at the minute because of a exhaust being a priority, was hoping to pick up some for really cheap, no matter on the condition, even the curbed ones dont look bad because the colour of the majority of them doesn't show up! and when funds&time allowed i would refurb them myself, they would be quite easy to do considering the shape of them! so that wouldn't be a problem for me! im happy waiting for a cheap set to come up! :smile::up: but i do agree they would look nicer with 182 alloys!
i might stick them on ebay soon actually, might as well see what i can get for them. id like to think i could get a lot of my money back, we'll see! lowering just seems so costly to me, i want to get sportlines but £160 or whatever they are is just far too much for me!
springs+spacers+182 alloys + exhaust, could all get very costly:/ just trying to be patient and wait on the odd bargain to arise;)

They do suit it. I prefer the oem look though

From the start i was never a fan of the 182 alloys, but theyve grown me so much! im tempted:wink:

Thanks a lot for the comments!

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
Forgot to add to the update;

I managed to fix my sunroof, my sunroof leaked so I fixed that!
But my sunroof also creaked and rattled like mad, so loud you had to shout to passengers anyway, remove the glass and seal and then discovered this underneath the headliner just sitting there... Okayyyyy weird
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Really strange. Anyway, I tightened all the bolt and screws etc, then I noticed that when putting the seal back on, that it moved a lot of the edge of the ceiling liner whatever it's called. So I improvised a little and stuck several layers of tape around the edge of where the seal goes, enough tape so the seal had to be bashed on hard! It's very tight now and doesn't move at all, after putting the glass etc all back in, I went for a drive and wow! This is honest review, there is no noise whatever so ever from it, no creaks, no rattling, no leaking and it's a good tight fit now! So that's all good now touch wood! If anyone has a rattle sunroof I recommend trying this (now wasn't that boring)

On another note, one of my mates has just got a new Honda 1.5litre! We both travelled to Norwich on our back roads which can be very fun (but still safe) and he couldn't keep up, windy roads, lots of corners, he couldn't keep up! and I could've pushed it more too! He said, bloody hell it corners well! He's right, it's so quick in and out of corners, well done Renault. I can't imagine how good a 182 is! I can't wait for 5 years time I followed a Astra vxr home the other day that way, yes he left me for dead on the straight but through the corners I was right with him! Starting to realise how good at cornering etc these little cars are now, I've always been nervous because of my first crash but now I'm relaxing more I'm really starting to enjoy driving this! Which is what it's all about!
Sorry for that boring message but just had to say it

rsdan

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph2 182
Reckon you should invest in coilovers and sticky tyres before an exhaust mate , then you'll be really impressed by the handling :wink: And you mate won't stand a chance :smile:

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
Reckon you should invest in coilovers and sticky tyres before an exhaust mate , then you'll be really impressed by the handling :wink: And you mate won't stand a chance :smile:

Coilovers? Christ that's way out of my budget would there really be that noticeable difference? The alloys came with really decent tyres so I'll be using them till I need new ones but I do want either sport line or pros by eibach as I heard that makes a big difference! Looks and handling! He didn't stand a chance anyway after 4 or 5 corners there was at least 300metre gap

Still yet to see you out on the roads

rsdan

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph2 182
Coilovers? Christ that's way out of my budget would there really be that noticeable difference? The alloys came with really decent tyres so I'll be using them till I need new ones but I do want either sport line or pros by eibach as I heard that makes a big difference! Looks and handling! He didn't stand a chance anyway after 4 or 5 corners there was at least 300metre gap

Still yet to see you out on the roads

Yeah I only run coilovers as they were on the car when I got it , there a little harsh on most roads, least with springs it's actually a functional mod with the beniffit of good looks
with my coilovers and the Toyo's on a nice hot day you would be surprised what you can hang onto in the twisty bits, I can fully use the 65hp 😂

And yeah haven't seen you about yet either , I was only in harleston last night picking up some more parts

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I only run coilovers as they were on the car when I got it , there a little harsh on most roads, least with springs it's actually a functional mod with the beniffit of good looks
with my coilovers and the Toyo's on a nice hot day you would be surprised what you can hang onto in the twisty bits, I can fully use the 65hp 😂

And yeah haven't seen you about yet either , I was only in harleston last night picking up some more parts

That's very true! Hot day? What's that?! 'fully use the 65hp' that's fantastic were you really? Should've said, would've kept my eye out! What time was that? What did you pick up?

rsdan

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph2 182
Yeah it's always better on a hot day,things get scarey when it's wet or cold 😂. Yeah just a couple if interior bits will update my project thread later though :up:

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
little update;

These arrived in the post today! It's about time I got some of these considering the price!
image.jpg

Was so worried when I saw offset pins on the packaging, I thought Clio's were normal pins, literally sh*t myself

Before (mm fried egg)
image.jpg

After (mm poached egg)
image.jpg

Rear makes a slight difference but front makes a bigger difference!

Before
image.jpg

After (oops wrong side, you get the idea)
image.jpg

My front badge was black and looking very common and boring, along with my bullets, so it was about time I did something with them! The bullets probably won't be permanent but this was just something while I think of something better! Will probably end up spraying my bullets the same colour as what I would spray 182 alloys if I ever get any!

But anyway, I had some fun with paint tonight!
image.jpg
image.jpg

I love the badge! So hard to get a decent picture of it! But looks great! Lava kinda look! Not sure what the bullets will look like on the car but oh well, I like them too!

image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

Can't wait to get them on the car once dry, they look pretty cool right now but not sure how they'll look if they look alright I'll do the rear 'Clio' the same as I'm really not a fan of chrome, and will probably do the rear diamond same as the front!

Little touches, little touches, I love them! I hate the plastic look, and chrome things! Slowly trying to get rid of most of them!

Now what do people think about exhaust, 182 style! Do I don't i?! So indecividive it's unreal, will probably weeks before I decided!

Will hopefully get the bullets on tomorrow!

Edit: has anyone got any good ideas as to what I can do with the bullets?! (Unless people like these haha)

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
Fitted the badge and bullets! I love the badge, but the bullets I'm not a fan the idea was cool at the time haha! Moment of madness;)

Yes I know these photos are crap, my camera lens was very dirty (unknowingly) just literally got in front work, popped them on, took a few pictures then had tea, only just looked at the photos realising they're crap! Enough of me running on, here they are.

tempted to get sport front ends, hmm what do i do.
image.jpg
Photos don't do it just, looks sooooo good
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

From a distance they look alright, but up close they don't! It literally only took me 2 minutes to paint, really was a moment of madness, took them off, sanded 1200 grit for about 15 seconds. Sprayed grey plastic primer, used old red caliper paint and let it spit red dots, then lacquered, all straight after one an another! Took 2 minutes
I will probably redo them! But not sure what to do with them! Only think having a grey colour suits if you have 182 alloys. More expense! Tried looking for a thread with bullet design ideas, couldn't find anything! Might just do them grey with 16v in black!

My car looks lower at the rear for some reason? Why is this?!

Also got a 'Extreme' logo on my drivers side, advice on taking this off?!

probably going to do a lot to the car in coming months! Haven't done much for a while! Need to get things moving again! Time to get my wallet out!

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Front badge looks really good! Im not usually a fan of painted badges but that looks smart and subtle.
Do some close ups of the side bullets. I thought they looked good in the pics where you were spraying them.

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
Front badge looks really good! Im not usually a fan of painted badges but that looks smart and subtle.
Do some close ups of the side bullets. I thought they looked good in the pics where you were spraying them.

Cheers mate, yeah me neither, black is very common on badges, but then don't like chrome! But I'm happy with that!

They look really really good off the car, just like In the first pictures, but just don't look as good on the car as they do off! Not sure what to do about them! I want it too look smart but with my little added touch! Like with the badge, everyone goes black, but I've got my own little touch! I want to do similar with the bullets, but not a clue what:/ hmm got too be smart here;)

Mk3 dci
Fancy spraying my badges?! Haha.. I really like the badge and think the bullets might look good sprayed matte or satin black with the red flecks? Not sure what you think?

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
Fancy spraying my badges?! Haha.. I really like the badge and think the bullets might look good sprayed matte or satin black with the red flecks? Not sure what you think?
that's a really good idea that! Hahah I love the badge! It's so cool! I just wanted to go something other than black but black with red dots might look nice. I have gloss, satin and matte, hmm what do I go for!

Good idea mate, I love ideas

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Thought about getting an underseat sub? Maybe put it in the boot however. @fairm010 recently bought a decent one on his mate, may be worth asking which one it was.

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
Thought about getting an underseat sub? Maybe put it in the boot however. @fairm010 recently bought a decent one on his mate, may be worth asking which one it was.

I have but they're so expensive I think really, mine was a fiver and it's absolutely insane! Over 1200watt sub powered by a 100 watt amp and it still shakes the interior mirror so you can't see in it anymore hahha, can't imagine what it would be like if amp power was matched to the subwoofer! Only way I would think about getting one is because of the weight, plus storage!

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
If your sub is shaking your mirror, how the hell do you still hear? I only have the sub gain turned to half for some nice low ends.

Too many people only have a sub for B@$$ init.

Not permanently, just illustrating what its capable of, im not a A$AP Rocky type of person with the bass constantly shaking the whole car! i just like to hear the nice low ends of a Royal Blood song!

i only have the gain and boost on about 3 or 4/10!

Know exactly what you mean! i just genuinely have one because it improves a lot of songs!

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
For anyone interested, bullets up close. They don't look as great as they do off the car, big shame. If your eyesight isn't as good or you squint while looking at the side of my car, they look like a really light shade of pink! I'm thinking of getting them done a nice grey and black writing just keeping it simple!
image.jpg

Only picture I've got. I'm not sure what grey to get done.
I've only ever heard of BMW graphite grey but I'm sure there's a lot more nice greys to choose from?! Can anyone list me some nice greys?!

Good on you mate for trying something different. Not a fan of the bullets but you win some you lose some. At the end of the day it's all down to trial and error

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
Lost motivation for this at the minute. Mainly because working and trying to save money, no idea why
I need advice with something.
I've been looking into getting a 1.4 or 1.6 same colour as what I have and then just swap the bits over from car to car and then sell the 1.2. Mainly looking at the 1.6. I know everyone says don't bother you won't notice a difference, but I'm pretty sure I would. 'Save up for a sport' I won't be able to afford a sport for another 5 years at least.
basically I'm finding it hard to justify doing stuff to my car now and not really getting much gains from the car. Yes the looks is a good reason too, but power wise it's just like after I do something to it, oh it's still slow

Where as if I did stuff and had a 1.6 at least I wouldn't feel so stupid or whatever the word is about doing it. Knowing that it's not that slow and has some respect on the road. Obviously not lightning fast I know but better than a 1.2. Especially with where I live, tractors everywhere and having to overtake them can be a struggle. Would probably even surprise a few people thinking oh it's a 1.2 Clio with black alloys.

The money side of it, can pick one up quite cheap these days but would still get good return on mine. I hope! Insurance is roughly the same too, so all in all I wouldn't lose out that much money. I say lose but I'm gaining really. I'm aware MPG can be around 40 but if I can get 60 out of my 1.2, that doesn't really bother me. Obviously I've got to look for one that's had cambelt water pump dephraser all done etc as I've heard the cambelt is similar to the sports is that correct? I've read that you should check it's been done properly. What do I check for this?! I have no clue.

I'm not entirely sure I'm going to get a sport as my heart is pretty set on a Volvo at the minute. But I wouldn't mind some advice if anyone has any? I'm thinking about doing this next year when my insurance comes up for renewal which is just after the release of new 16 plates or whatever it is so might be a few 1.6's kicking about! This is just a thought at the minute nothing set in stone. Before anyone suggests either I'm not getting a Zetec s or whatever they are, think they're so ugly and just don't like them I love the Clio's and how they handle, so I'm sticking with Clio for a while I think.

If I did get a 1.6 it would also help justify getting a 182 style exhaust. I just can't quite do it on the 1.2.

So yeah, enough rambling on. I'd like to hear people's thoughts on this

Tom

1.2 clio dynamique
Wow... what a great read. I have the same. 1.2 pearl black. Looking at this have gave me the motivation to get some more parts ordered. Was contemplating a sport rear bumper but this has just made up my mind. Cracking looking car buddy.

I considered buying a 1.6 in the 1.4. Total waste of money imo. I came to talk myself into "this is my car. I shall love it and treat it right. Until the times right to upgrade.. Properly." (2.0l+)

Once I talked myself into loving my car I stuck with it and loved it more.

Now I'm in a 182. I enjoy it, knowing it's the real thing. But I drive more careful than in the 1.4. I booted that everywhere but in this I don't want to. Powers there when I need it (never need it) but what I find myself doing now is trying to drive more and more like miss daisy to get it above 30mpg. (Stuck on 25-28 atm)

I think you'll go from 1.2 to 1.6, feel a difference, not massive but you'll feel it. Then after a few month you'll be bored and want to move up again. The "itch". Then before you know it you've wasted ££?? Moving from 1.2 to 1.6 then wanting to change Again almost instantly and realising you've spent all that money for what?

Honestly everyone says you don't need the power of these sort of sport cars. I never listened, any excuse to justify getting one. Did it and now after a week I agree with what everyone told me. Not saying I'll go back to the 1.4, I moved on at the right time (no claims, older, money saved etc) don't rush into anything. Enjoy your car. Talk to yourself properly, figure out when the times right to upgrade. None of this "yeah but need this speed" stuff. Figure out properly what age is the best, financial situations, years no claims etc. don't rush into anything that's pointless. Imo no one needs a powerful road car for pottering around in. Even though I've done it myself. :smile:

Clio 2.0 16v 182
A 1.6 is a good choice. you will notice the power increase but you won't be paying more for it. It's worth noting that you'd be more dissapointed in a ragged out 1*2 than a 1.6 with some rough edges.

And the cambelt was mentioned, it's not the same as the sport belts. You will need different timing tools for it.

Listerine & Poledo
The 1.4 and 1.6 attract almost no benefits over the 1.2.
Either a DCi or one of the 2.0 cars is the only real 'progress'.

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
I considered buying a 1.6 in the 1.4. Total waste of money imo. I came to talk myself into "this is my car. I shall love it and treat it right. Until the times right to upgrade.. Properly." (2.0l+)

Once I talked myself into loving my car I stuck with it and loved it more.

Now I'm in a 182. I enjoy it, knowing it's the real thing. But I drive more careful than in the 1.4. I booted that everywhere but in this I don't want to. Powers there when I need it (never need it) but what I find myself doing now is trying to drive more and more like miss daisy to get it above 30mpg. (Stuck on 25-28 atm)

I think you'll go from 1.2 to 1.6, feel a difference, not massive but you'll feel it. Then after a few month you'll be bored and want to move up again. The "itch". Then before you know it you've wasted ££?? Moving from 1.2 to 1.6 then wanting to change Again almost instantly and realising you've spent all that money for what?

Honestly everyone says you don't need the power of these sort of sport cars. I never listened, any excuse to justify getting one. Did it and now after a week I agree with what everyone told me. Not saying I'll go back to the 1.4, I moved on at the right time (no claims, older, money saved etc) don't rush into anything. Enjoy your car. Talk to yourself properly, figure out when the times right to upgrade. None of this "yeah but need this speed" stuff. Figure out properly what age is the best, financial situations, years no claims etc. don't rush into anything that's pointless. Imo no one needs a powerful road car for pottering around in. Even though I've done it myself. :smile:

Mate, thats fantastic, cheers for the Advice, im looking at getting a golf 1.9 tdi gt. mainly because of the space factor, as much as think getting a 1.6 is because i would notice a difference im sure and i wouldn't lose out on much money at all, £100 if that, but at the end of the day it was just me being a kid and wanting to go faster quicker.
Realistically that would be true however, in reality i would have to upgrade soon after! because of the limited space in a clio.
If i do follow through with this next year im going to be gutted about saying goodbye to my clio.

this might all change i might win the lottery saturday so yeah, gotta bare that in mind;) hahah

really appreciate your advice though! but i dont think theres going to be a lot more that i'll do to my car, unless things pop up dirt cheap for instance. mainly because money goes out a lot quicker than it comes in. As we all know.

as for me getting a sport, i can only see that happening in the future when im settled (hopefully)
i will probably still do little things to the clio to keep me busy and my thread ticking over ;) but no eibach springs or anything major like that.

A 1.6 is a good choice. you will notice the power increase but you won't be paying more for it. It's worth noting that you'd be more dissapointed in a ragged out 1*2 than a 1.6 with some rough edges.

so you say go for it? say i have the 1.6 for a year. still worth it do you think, either i get a 1.6 next year and lose out £100 and then have the 1.6 for a year then get a golf a year later than planned and will be a lot cheaper on 2 years no claims. i like the sound of that idea. haven't thought about that before, im excited now.

i know people say youll get bored easily, but i like change so changing between cars wouldn't bother me!

And the cambelt was mentioned, it's not the same as the sport belts. You will need different timing tools for it.

The 1.4 and 1.6 attract almost no benefits over the 1.2.
Either a DCi or one of the 2.0 cars is the only real 'progress'.
what makes you say that? 1.6 can be quite nippy so i hear. i dont think i can hande 1.2 for 2 years :)

On another note, on my way home yesterday a 5 door clio was stopped on the A143, was a lady and her front left tyre had popped, she decided to drink it onto the side of the road, to get out of the road, leaving the flat tyre in mug, i stopped, we got the car back on the concrete and i managed to change the wheel, despite the front axle virtually being on the floor, was very difficult to get it high enough. anyway, she'd pumped her times up that morning, she pumped them up so much they were too high pressured and it just got hotter and hotter and eventually gave way on her. So that was my good deed done for the day, help a fellow clio owner out;) haha that was boring.

all this looking at cars business is getting me excited. amazing what no claims can do to insurance costs!

Listerine & Poledo
what makes you say that? 1.6 can be quite nippy so i hear. i dont think i can hande 1.2 for 2 years :smile:

all this looking at cars business is getting me excited. amazing what no claims can do to insurance costs!

Mate, broken down steamrollers are nippy in comparison to a 1.2.

OK, the 1.6 isn't as tragic, but for the tax and fuel increases it will bring, it's not worth it.

1.2 - 14.5 sec - 100 mph - 60 bhp
1.6 - 9.3 secs - 120 mph - 110 bhp
1.5 DCI 100 - 10.3 secs - 115 mph - 100 bhp
1.5 DCI (remap) - ? - ? - 125hp

The extra torque of the DCi will make it feel significantly quicker in actual real-world driving compared to a 1.6 and comes with £30 a year of tax and 50mpg.

So you can save, whilst you go faster.

NCB is superb. Nothing costs me more than £300 a year to insure......doesn't mean that I can hack the running costs of a Bugatti though :)

Clio 2.0 16v 182
A 2.0 that's been used and abused will lead you down a steep money pit. neither 2.0 or 1.6 parts are very expensive but you're more likely to find an abused 1*2 than a terrible 1.6.

The major problem comes in when you insure and tax the 2.0. It will be considerably more than 1.6 which is only a little more than the 1.2.

And a dci might seem good on paper but it feels completely different.

Listerine & Poledo
A 2.0 that's been used and abused will lead you down a steep money pit. neither 2.0 or 1.6 parts are very expensive but you're more likely to find an abused 1*2 than a terrible 1.6.

The major problem comes in when you insure and tax the 2.0. It will be considerably more than 1.6 which is only a little more than the 1.2.

True. 1*2s attract too many chavvy little teens that will set about them with cheap aftermarket parts to try and make them into Never-Seen-A-Track-Cars. All so they can try and get their fingers wet.
As such, finding a good one that hasn't been ruined isn't as easy as it was when these cars were worth an actual sum of money.

The DCi looks good on paper because it is. Sure, you wont be hammering the redline in one anywhere near as often, but, if that's your bag, go get an old civic.

As for money pit.....just pick any French car and try and make it sound like a bomb-proof mode of transport :wink:
In fact, no, make that ANY car. If you're going to worry about motoring costs, go get the bus

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
Mate, broken down steamrollers are nippy in comparison to a 1.2.

OK, the 1.6 isn't as tragic, but for the tax and fuel increases it will bring, it's not worth it.

1.2 - 14.5 sec - 100 mph - 60 bhp
1.6 - 9.3 secs - 120 mph - 110 bhp
1.5 DCI 100 - 10.3 secs - 115 mph - 100 bhp
1.5 DCI (remap) - ? - ? - 125hp

The extra torque of the DCi will make it feel significantly quicker in actual real-world driving compared to a 1.6 and comes with £30 a year of tax and 50mpg.

So you can save, whilst you go faster.

NCB is superb. Nothing costs me more than £300 a year to insure......doesn't mean that I can hack the running costs of a Bugatti though :smile:
It's more like 12 seconds for the Clio 1.2! I'd love to actually test that figure, think it's 12.4 seconds, but feels less than that, I'll do a test soon an video it
Tax is what £50 different?
I don't think I'd want a diesel, I've heard they don't handle as well because of diesel engine being heavier than petrol.

Not sure what to do tbh, I know you say it's not worth it but I don't plan to make millions on this, I won't lose out much money at all! Just after a little bit more quicker for fun while I save for golf

Yeah true, I don't plan on getting a sport! I guess I'll just have to test drive and dci to see if it's 'worth it'
True. 1*2s attract too many chavvy little teens that will set about them with cheap aftermarket parts to try and make them into Never-Seen-A-Track-Cars. All so they can try and get their fingers wet.
As such, finding a good one that hasn't been ruined isn't as easy as it was when these cars were worth an actual sum of money.

The DCi looks good on paper because it is. Sure, you wont be hammering the redline in one anywhere near as often, but, if that's your bag, go get an old civic.

As for money pit.....just pick any French car and try and make it sound like a bomb-proof mode of transport :wink:
In fact, no, make that ANY car. If you're going to worry about motoring costs, go get the bus

Exactly, totally agree about motoring costs!

Dci or 1.6 hmm. Dci yes I'll save money for definite but if 1.6 is better that's more tempting to me, it'll only be for a year or so! Maybe i should get a dci and be happy with what I've got. Oh I don't f*****g knowI'm useless

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
At some point, I forsee you not liking "the arch gap" etc.
It happens in every build thread :smile:

whether its just some springs, or coilovers.
It is unavoidable

it is your destiny
Emperor_RotJ.png

Haha fantastic, I don't think I'll even do a project thread on it though.

Is there 'arch gap' the same as the 1.2? If so I'm not bothered

Clio 2.0 16v 182
The DCi looks good on paper because it is. Sure, you wont

I've never been a fan of diesels in general and I'm probably biased because I've slowly learned how to replace or renew all parts on my mk2 clios. But I have to say, they are very cheap to repair and when looked after can be flawless. They may be French, but the muppets that don't look after them ain't.

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
I must say ive never liked the idea of a diesel engine in a small car like a clio, i love the petrol clios, i think 0-40 is very good in 1.2, but the best part for me is the handling! superb. just that little bit of power between the twisties in a 1.6 is why im tempted. Overtaken' dem tracorrrrs BUH', propa Norfuk. ill probably just test drive a 1.6 and see from there. am i right that the 1.6 has different/better brakes and suspension over the 1.2? i dont care if it makes no difference im just asking the question :) id swap the parts over and sell the 1.2 then. if i liked the 1.6 id then fin it worth spending money on it :)