ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Bora.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
It just looks like a green bora with broken suspension. Modding on a budget ftl.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Basket would look cool on the Clio. Can't help thinking it's size will make it feel a little lost on the Bora-ing.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Aaahh. But it's 4 far away. Is it still on the stockfile? Gimme a item code tomorrow I'm on a late <3

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Updates with crappy phone pictures.

1. Replaced the dirty cabin filter.
utf-8BSU1HMDAyOTMtMjAxMDA3MDItMTUwM.jpg

2. My exhaust catches my driveway EVERY time I go up it LOL.
utf-8BSU1HMDAyOTItMjAxMDA3MDItMTQ1N.jpg

3. The state of my worn out arch liner.
utf-8BSU1HMDAyOTUtMjAxMDA3MDItMTc0M.jpg

4. Rust rings on the driveshaft. Scene points
utf-8BSU1HMDAyOTYtMjAxMDA3MDItMTc0M.jpg

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
u need the adjustable droplinks mate, i had to get them for my mk4 golf, cost about £35

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Well yesturday I hit the floor. HARD.

There was a big bang, and the sound of shattering and bits bouncing off the underside of the car. I quickly pulled in at some farm gate and turned the engine off, thinking the worse (Sump shattered).

However. What I had actually done was rip up a large chunk of road. A month or two ago that gravel stuff had been layed down and I tore a big load of it up. Take that, highways agency!

Jacked up to look at damage:
utf-8BSU1HMDAzMDQtMjAxMDA3MDMtMTYxN.jpg

That's my sump. And that's all the damage I can see! Oh that and I think my wheel bearing is making a weird noise.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
LOL I need to sort out this weird sound. Coming from the drivers side sounds like a bird tweeting, as i speed up it gets quicker. It's almost metallic. Like the discs are warped or something? It may just be dirt on the discs though not sure at all.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I dont have a ramp. Well, not one I can get up.

Nothing seems to rattle, just a squeek from the wheel. Could just be the s**tty arch liners and I've lost my torx screwdriver set so I cant get the f**kers off! LOL

Could be the bearing though, when I move the wheel it doesn't feel right. And the driveshaft will have hit the chassis hard too.

Last edited:

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
sorry but wish a copper was behind you when you did that, would love to see you get bent over and shafted.... causing damage to the highway is illegal especially through your own fault...

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
sorry but wish a copper was behind you when you did that, would love to see you get bent over and shafted.... causing damage to the highway is illegal especially through your own fault...

Shouldn't make the road so bumpy and close to my sump! ;)

My mate smashed through a roundabout in his A3, and just had to pay for the signs he damaged.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Oh he's loaded so yeah. It's okay for him.

Don't worry. I've raised it like 1 or 2 mm's too. Doesn't scrub as bad but still loowww.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Well, after the bang I pulled over and jacked it up and saw nothing. Drove home, jacked it up, check stupid amounts and then raised the car like 1mm.

The next day, that weird noise started and it appears either after I dropped the car off the axle stand or over time something bad has happened. The strut has just gone through the hub at the bottom, the rusty bolt wasn't tight enough (My bad, should have replaced it anyway) and has been rubbing on the CV boot. Car's up on axle stands 'till I get a new bolt.

According to a friend who knows a lot about this should be okay once I get the new bolt and tighten it to f**k, the bit that you can see bent can just bend back in hopefully. :S

4765624772_cddcd7b6bf_b.jpg