ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Chris Harris thread

Well there you go. I'm not quite sure what I really make of it all yet.
On one hand I just wanted it to stay the same but then again I guess making these sorts of videos costs a lot of money.

Will I subscribe? Probably not

At least we still get the free videos on YouTube albeit a shorter version.

http://youtu.be/SLvRs6JICfw

Last edited:
Not really bothered anymore. Plenty more content out there. Harris is good to watch but not enough to warrant paying to see cars going sideways in slow motion.

Swift Sport
I'll probably keep a watchful eye on the paid subscriber content, but it would have to be something pretty spectacular to make me want to pay to see it. I think there's enough good CH content already that we can all look back on for our occasional Harris fix.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Harris should be on TV or something similar. If Top Gear was more serious it's exactly the size of show he should be on.

Swift Sport
I think he'd be better on Fifth Gear personally, especially if they let him have his own way and make the appropriate changes to make it a better show.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Oh god, its spreading like wildfire.

What exactly is the issue with having to pay for something well made?

Would you buy a Bush TV from Argos?

Anyway, this was a nice touch;

[video=youtube_share;24DRpcWx9nE]http://youtu.be/24DRpcWx9nE?list=UUfbPZ1cTgBH2djzLLCPTmXg[/video]

Really liked this too, you get a good sense of how the car compares to the P1

[video=youtube_share;5e_kZUKGJZQ]http://youtu.be/5e_kZUKGJZQ?list=UUfbPZ1cTgBH2djzLLCPTmXg[/video]

Last edited:

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
301 views in 4 hours those videos have. I wonder how many people will actually stick it out after the free trial. I presume DRIVE+ will release an absolute barage of content in these next 2 weeks to make it seem more worth it to those cynics.

I've just subscribed (yearly because I'm clearly wedged enough to pay ALL THAT MONEY to watch some videos) and will continue to do so so long as the content is decent. The minute it ceases to entertain me (even if it's just one or two shows a month that I enjoy) I'll unsubscribe.

I hope it works out for them as some of the content is great.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Aside from shakedown (that guy is a prick) i love everything they put out.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
To be perfectly honest I've not watched much of the other shows. Bits and pieces when I've been bored, but now I'm paying I'll be sure to have a watch. I just find myself infuriated with the way some yanks talk, it's like they don't know how to hold a conversation that doesn't sound like it was scripted by 12 year olds.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Musto and Farah are quality. Both somewhat of an acquired taste especially Farah, who's a loud fat yank.

The guy that did drive clean was superb, actually held my attention.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
301 views in 4 hours those videos have. I wonder how many people will actually stick it out after the free trial. I presume DRIVE+ will release an absolute barage of content in these next 2 weeks to make it seem more worth it to those cynics.

I've just subscribed (yearly because I'm clearly wedged enough to pay ALL THAT MONEY to watch some videos) and will continue to do so so long as the content is decent. The minute it ceases to entertain me (even if it's just one or two shows a month that I enjoy) I'll unsubscribe.

I hope it works out for them as some of the content is great.

301+ is YT's default views when something is new and popular. Think it catches up overnight.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Its not published, one of the bellends on PH suggested 36,000 subs would be enough.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Farah is the only one I've watched much of (he did tuned? Or whatever it was called) was quite a fan of it to be fair.

Yeah he also does a decent podcast and a few videos via his own thing http://www.thesmokingtire.com/

Big Muscle was great too.

What a pleb.

Anyone tried to watch the subscribed drive+ content on an appletv? I've just looked but its not displaying for me :(

ATV not supported, works via airplay.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
There's some right moody comments being fired about at the minute.

Agreed.

I'm pretty sure that if you work out the cost of your Sky TV subscription and divide it by the number of channels you ACTUALLY watch not including the ones you would get on freeview, then £2.50 a month is a bargain for a good channel with content you'll enjoy.

ARSE!

Not supported full stop or just not currently?

Aye, I've subbed and thats what I'm doing as per.

I'm happy to pay as long as the content is as good as it was. Only thing is, and it is only a little thing; it's a pain that I can't use my normal (old) youtube account for it as you can't make purchases with that, it has to be on a separate google account.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Agreed.

I'm pretty sure that if you work out the cost of your Sky TV subscription and divide it by the number of channels you ACTUALLY watch not including the ones you would get on freeview, then £2.50 a month is a bargain for a good channel with content you'll enjoy.

ARSE!

Not supported full stop or just not currently?

Full Stop by the looks of things. They might update the YT "app" for the next release but im running the beta and it doesn't work either.

Leo Parente is s**t. He ruined the Audi videos.

The rest I like incl Farrah and Spinelli. Once I've worked out what's what on a large screen rather than mobile I'll probably go monthly just in case it starts to deteriorate.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
I'm really upset that I can't watch on the ATV still. My MBP is the only device I have now with airplay and mirroring on that is jittery as f**k. Works fine from an iPad or something but I don't own one.

b******s

Swift Sport
Watched Chris's 'how to drift' video and had a go... With it being damp and driving a low-powered car I found his technique didn't quite work for me, and as the track dried out I had to push much harder to get the back end to step out. Was fun trying and something I've never really done before :)

Here's one of my first attempts while the track was damp... I'd give a 3/10 for effort lol.

http://instagram.com/p/rNGOzcs7zX/?modal=true