ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Clio Williams Thread...

williams and trophy
dont think cass has seen the rims clean has she lol......... maybe a good job or i wouldnt have any by now ;)

Willy + Modus DCi
lol the WC crew running a thread on CS now eh! i have never noticed this thread before!

RSMSEKEE200905090373.jpg

RSMSEKEE200905090291.jpg

13062009072.jpg

RSMSEKEE200905091639.jpg

Clio Williams & 182
leading the pack wobba - good lad.

Holding up the pack more like! That was a excellent day out at Brands...up till the point the engine went bang hehe.

Nice piccies 2 Live. What was the magazine with the Ultimate Clio article?

Clio Williams & 182
lol the WC crew running a thread on CS now eh! i have never noticed this thread before!

13062009072.jpg

Haha! WC's very own little corner on this vast site :D

I see the PH sticker on the bonnet, may put a tiny one on mine to show my allegiance too!

172 - 249bhp @ the wheels
Holding up the pack more like! That was a excellent day out at Brands...up till the point the engine went bang hehe.

Nice piccies 2 Live. What was the magazine with the Ultimate Clio article?

and who's the girl in the picture of the article?

williams and trophy
lmao..thats just some ASW that gatecrashed ;)

obv mine was in more original condition than hers, p reg plates for 96 front end ;)

was an article for used car buyer mag mate....they had every model of clio pretty much, mk1&2 veees, 17/82s williams 1,2 and 3 etc etc etc.

Clio Williams & 182
lmao..thats just some ASW that gatecrashed ;)

obv mine was in more original condition than hers, p reg plates for 96 front end ;)

was an article for used car buyer mag mate....they had every model of clio pretty much, mk1&2 veees, 17/82s williams 1,2 and 3 etc etc etc.

Of course, the Williams wins again :rasp:

williamsclio.co.uk/forum
it was the used car buyer magazine - think i have a copy somewhere i will dig out and scan the front cover in.

Clio 172 Cup
Always set my sights on a Williams, only ever managed to save enough for a 16v at the time tho!

Was there that much difference? Never had the chance in a Williams!

09042006096.jpg

williams and trophy
yes mate there is really. looking at the differences you wouldnt think the extra 200cc and a few mm of extra width in track wouldnt make all that much diff......but a completely diff drive.....almost like 2 completely diff cars tbh. the diff is huge.

i was going to hybrid my valver....god i loved that car, but weighed up the costs for eng/wide track etc, and figured itd cost me as much to get the valver up to willy spec as it would for me to go out and buy a williams. why have silver when u can have gold?? lol

nice valver btw.

clio 172 cup 03
Some tidy cars there, I used to own no 0275. Does anyone on here own, or know of it's whereabouts. Stunning chassis, I would like to drive one again.

Clio Williams & 182
Looks SLOW tbh! ;)

Top thread chaps....Still love the Valvers and Williams! Shame you struggle to find top notch examples these days!

Thanks. There are some good ones about and a few in collectors garages tucked away :)

As projects go, they are not that hard to bring up to scratch if you find a good shell, but bodywork is usually a thorn in the side you must pay out for. Some have had shoddy repairs to the body and end up rusting after a year as well. I'll be sorting mine later in the year through a very good bodyshop thats done a few Willies in the past and is used to more expensive exotica.

I've pretty much replaced every mechanical component including the engine so far, including the entire suspension system and most of the coolant system. Not had to touch the wiring amazingly apart from a few leads and a faulty rad fan due to the fragile wires failing, which was easy.

DSC01161-1.jpg

R26
Everytime i look in here it gets me thinking, ITB's for the 182, or get a Williams 1 and run them both... Decisions decisions :(

LY 200
I want too, but im just worried the Williams could turn into a money pit...

If you look hard enough and buy a good one it wont mate! Buy a dog and i suspect you'll be correct!

I had a 16v which i turned into 2.0 16v and both engines over a two year span (from 2004 to 2006) were no worse for reliablity than the 182 which was as good as gold too!

If you get a gooden, keep it a gooden by looking after it and dont plan on using it daily you'll be fine.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
If you have a 182 and Williams it doesn't matter if it does break as you have another car to get around in.

Mine was fine for reliability but mot's were sometimes (often) hard work.

320d
Why not sell the 182 and get a car thats cheaper to run, then get a mint Williams 1. That way you could spend more on the Williams making it mint.