ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Clio Williams Thread...

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
bump. some pics taken today....

rearright.gif

rearleft.gif

frontright.gif

frontleft.gif

S4010909.gif

S4010913.gif

Motorbikes
stupid question probably, but whats the difference between a Williams 1, 2 and 3?

lovely motors, really makes me want one!

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
generally:
williams 1 = no'd plaque on dash, no abs, no sunroof, no electric pack
(williams one has diff wing mirrors, side strips, grill thing and slightly diff rear light clusters)
williams 2 = no plaque, no abs, no sunroof, electric pack
(williams 1 and 2 are sports blue 432 iirc, and williams 3 is monaco blue 449)
williams 3 = no plaque, s**t abs, leaky sunroof, electric pack.
(cosmetically williams 2 and 3 look the same as above)

im sure mat or daz will correct me if im wrong.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
No they were brand new, fitted with original spec Bridgestones. Previous owner bought them.

Vee dub
lol loving this thread being dragged back from the depths!

Dan I remember being in my lupo gti and your business partner pullingup alongside me at the lights in that williams..... it was pretty mint!

Smiled and acknowledged it!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
ffs....what a blast from the past

if the right mark 1 came up i don't think i would have many second thoughts about selling the phase 1 tbh.....

Laguna 2, Westfield
No they were brand new, fitted with original spec Bridgestones. Previous owner bought them.

Bridgestones were not original fit to the Williams.. and you've got the wrong size too. Should be Michelin Pilot HX and 185/55 not 195/50 as fitted to your wheels. :) Still looks cracking though.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Cool as fook cars. But the biggest let down i ever owned! I don't miss it 'much'

Did look and sound good tho!

DSC01495.jpg

DSC01492.jpg

DSC01239.jpg

[YOUTUBE]sFTljb-nqfQ[/YOUTUBE]

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I want one so bad, but i just couldnt afford to fix it every other day :(

They're no less reliable that a 172 if you buy a good one! it's a myth they break all the time - thats just people buying dogs...

Did have one, a Williams 3 but it got written off :(

Not miles better than my Valver, the engine is so much better though.

They're no less reliable that a 172 if you buy a good one! it's a myth they break all the time - thats just people buying dogs...

+1

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
What you chattin' :dapprove: What was wrong with it?

Everything. Cosmetically i doubt there was a better one out there...Respray'd.

But it broke time after time, Steering, caliper sheared off, downpipe. Hangers broke, rust on the underside, Alarm, Clutch went, Gbox blew up. Wasn't all that fast.

It was big'd up to be "amazing" but every time i drove it i felt like it was tryin to kill me.

I loved the looks and personality of it...Similar sort of feeling to the vee. But the overall ownership experience for me was a let done.

I paid 1800 for it, sold it for 2400, but spend well over a grand on it!!

Annoying thing was, the lad i sold it to, never had one issue with it! I'd fixed it from top to bottom, but by the time i had, i'd lost all interest.

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Seen a minter tonight in Dundee, looked so cleaned

Loving the beats Ali x

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Everything. Cosmetically i doubt there was a better one out there...Respray'd.

But it broke time after time, Steering, caliper sheared off, downpipe. Hangers broke, rust on the underside, Alarm, Clutch went, Gbox blew up. Wasn't all that fast.

It was big'd up to be "amazing" but every time i drove it i felt like it was tryin to kill me.

I loved the looks and personality of it...Similar sort of feeling to the vee. But the overall ownership experience for me was a let done.

I paid 1800 for it, sold it for 2400, but spend well over a grand on it!!

Annoying thing was, the lad i sold it to, never had one issue with it! I'd fixed it from top to bottom, but by the time i had, i'd lost all interest.

Sounds like yours was a dog which is a shame, I had mine for three (fockin' ;)) years and the most expensive thing mechanically was the belt changes...