ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Espace is Now an SUV

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Seems a shame. I know it's not a very CS car, but the original Espace was a genuine moment of innovation. It created a whole new genre of car. To bring the name back on yet another SUV is pretty lazy, and a bit of an insult to the name.

I'm not sure the car industry could get much more unimaginative at the moment. They all seem to ressurecting old nameplates and sticking them on bland SUVs and crossovers.

FsTtJPuWAAASTuk.jpg

FsTtJPuWcAAtAV5.jpg

FsTtJPtWAAQUVee.jpg

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
It is a shame, especially as it doesn’t actually look like it ticks the box of being able to transport a young family (at least 3 kids+ of car seat age) and all the associated kit in comfort. As was a key selling point of the original (a la S-Max/C4 Spacetourer)

Renault doing Renault things well….

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Classed as a compact crossover, despite clearly being a f**king tank of a thing.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I guess sticking “Espace” on an SUV isn’t as bad as say, “Mustang” 🤷🏻‍♂️.

But yeah. Another bloated POS. Firm pass.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
By all accounts the Mustang-E is decent, the reason you've never seen one is the price, near 75 grand for a Ford SUV 🙈🙈🙈🙈