ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The everlasting ph1 ITB Build **GREEN-BUILD STARTS AT PAGE 100**

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Re: someph-ing different...........

the pm... as i see no reason to hide it

Matt Wills said:
I'm not a hater in any way shape or form I just don't feel the need to constantly brag on a car forum about my car which is after all just a show car and will never really need all of the parts that you fit to it.

However perhaps I should just keep my opinions to myself and maybe you shouldn't make any comments about anything I say or do?

As I seem to remember you made a comment about me a while ago which I felt was unjust and none of your damn business.

But hey if it makes you happy then carry on

:)

first things first...i admit i did say something that was out of place that was directed at you (matt) in a thread a while back, it was not my place to do so but i did mainly because you personally attacked nother member for having an opinion, i spose i felt it my business because you had previously poked at me.

with regards to my car building, which let me just point out i don't feel i should have to justify, but will for your (matt) and a few others sakes...

it is known quite well that i work for a motoring publication, and because of this i have access to parts through whatever form you would like to beleive. This is something we would all take advantage of if we had the oppourtunity (lets be honest), people who are el;ectricians can do there own hose, so can car painters, etc etc, its the perks of the job, i have studied through school, college and uni to get a design job, i went for masses of interviews then got a job at future, worked a year then moved over to fastcar...i worked hard for this position and am not going to appologise to some hater because i get perks...so with regards to that f*ck you.

now onto the parts
as with everyones car it is there choice with regards to what parts they fit, as seen in this thread this car is track inspired and is having a fair few track parts fitted, ie a cage, engine mounts etc etc.
I think what your problem (and a few others) here is, is that it hasn't seen much track action, let me explain why.

Unlike the majority of cs which seem to be second generation rich kids i can currently only afford 1 car, so this car has to do everything, get me to work, day in day out, load my bike when i want to ride, take my hockey gear when i go to training. because of this i have to keep some luxuries. I admit i could still do trackdays with it but this year has not leant itself to it, and again £££ was a bit of an issue, as fundss would be needed for tyres, fuel, brakes etc etc, and i didn't fancy stoving my car, (how would i get into work the morning after???)

just so the haters know and can approve, the long term plan is to purchase a second car early in the new year, a german diesel estate. i would use this to get in and out of work, carry my hockey kit and my bike, this would leave the clio free to fully track prep, the great thing aboiut this would be i would already have the majority of the parts so would have to fork out little money, maybe even gain some back from parts sales..ie interior etc....the £££ from this could even go to track time...

i hope you approve of this matthew, (and any others) if not, who gives a f*ck, i enjoy my car, which is what modifying should be about.

the pm... as i see no reason to hide it

first things first...i admit i did say something that was out of place that was directed at you (matt) in a thread a while back, it was not my place to do so but i did mainly because you personally attacked nother member for having an opinion, i spose i felt it my business because you had previously poked at me.

with regards to my car building, which let me just point out i don't feel i should have to justify, but will for your (matt) and a few others sakes...

it is known quite well that i work for a motoring publication, and because of this i have access to parts through whatever form you would like to beleive. This is something we would all take advantage of if we had the oppourtunity (lets be honest), people who are el;ectricians can do there own hose, so can car painters, etc etc, its the perks of the job, i have studied through school, college and uni to get a design job, i went for masses of interviews then got a job at future, worked a year then moved over to fastcar...i worked hard for this position and am not going to appologise to some hater because i get perks...so with regards to that f*ck you.

now onto the parts
as with everyones car it is there choice with regards to what parts they fit, as seen in this thread this car is track inspired and is having a fair few track parts fitted, ie a cage, engine mounts etc etc.
I think what your problem (and a few others) here is, is that it hasn't seen much track action, let me explain why.

Unlike the majority of cs which seem to be second generation rich kids i can currently only afford 1 car, so this car has to do everything, get me to work, day in day out, load my bike when i want to ride, take my hockey gear when i go to training. because of this i have to keep some luxuries. I admit i could still do trackdays with it but this year has not leant itself to it, and again £££ was a bit of an issue, as fundss would be needed for tyres, fuel, brakes etc etc, and i didn't fancy stoving my car, (how would i get into work the morning after???)

just so the haters know and can approve, the long term plan is to purchase a second car early in the new year, a german diesel estate. i would use this to get in and out of work, carry my hockey kit and my bike, this would leave the clio free to fully track prep, the great thing aboiut this would be i would already have the majority of the parts so would have to fork out little money, maybe even gain some back from parts sales..ie interior etc....the £££ from this could even go to track time...

i hope you approve of this matthew, (and any others) if not, who gives a f*ck, i enjoy my car, which is what modifying should be about.

Fair comments but I am not a rich kid and do trackdays in my car as you well know and I also use my car everyday to carry mountain bikes and painting stuff/tools for my property business.

A lot of people on here do trackdays in a variety of cars from standard to highly modified and all I was trying to say was making a track car is a good but not using it is a shame.

The trend on this forum at the moment is to build track replicas and then sell them as they are too harsh for everyday use.

Sorry if I tarred you with the same brush and I am glad that your not gonna do this and hope to see you out on track next year.

:)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

i have said my peice and have no more to say on the subject, you are welcome to your opinion but if its not educated or is an assumption don't bring it in to my thread, hating and baiting, i ain't interested, end of

Fair play to you both for having the kahoonas to say what you are thinking in a well worded and mature fashion!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

Me too! Didn't want to ask incase I was going mad...

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

an update then, (rather than trash talk)

no images, nothing new at mo
the flocked top dash and steering wheel surround are now out again, was a real ballache trying to get it out with the cage still in, a little but of flex and gentle persuasion and it came out, it is having some work done then will go back in when i get the car back, will make it easier for the other work to go ahead also

update shortly: wheels...
and something special

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

as promised, wheel update below

started off as a discussion at work, then we got serious with the idea, for the people that don't know i am a editorial designer for print, we mainly work in the colour process of CMYK..hence the idea.

The wheels started off like this...

IMG_7579.jpg

IMG_7603.jpg

but they are my track / winter wheels and were currently off the car so i thought, why not...(f*ck the haters...not interested.)

wheels1.jpg

wheels2.jpg

(if colour looks slightly off thats because the CMYK has been replicated first on an RGB camera and then on your un-calibrated RGB screen....)

doubt they will be on the car for a while, tyres need to be sorted and the car is disappearing....

also fitted the correct dog bone bushes, as a few pages back it was evident i got the wrong ones....these are the same as the williams bushes..happy days

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

answer to the above, maybe engine special

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

^^^totally

setting off in the morning for a 4 hour cross country trip, then heading back 2 hours, will document it, what am i doing with the other 2 hours back???

well i hope the car enjoys its new home*

*temporary

BMW E46 330i Touring

What you driving in the meantime?

Can I have your Image wheels for free next weekend?They'll go nice with the coilovers...

Qashcow

your not coming to my house and blagging a lift back to west compton, LA, thats fo sho sir!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

What you driving in the meantime?

Can I have your Image wheels for free next weekend?They'll go nice with the coilovers...

nowt mate, i go into hospital on wednesday for my op, we won't be able to chat for a while...would let you borrow the images but they will be on the car

your not coming to my house and blagging a lift back to west compton, LA, thats fo sho sir!

lol....you'll be at cribs anyways....brapp

BMW E46 330i Touring

Ah yeah, forgot you had that coming up. Off work for a few weeks?

I didn't say anything about borrowing... the adapters alone will probably cost hundreds!

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member

1 week for sure, hopefully i can get back in after that, not sure if i will be much use though,

Doh no hockey for you then? :(

Which clever sod thought it'd be funny to give us Dragons and you first day of the season.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

not the early part of the season no, i think i will be back later on though, still will come down for the games though i think.

BMW E46 330i Touring

Look forward to the 'proper' updates mate...

You may have guessed I'm not in work so far this week; a touch of the swine I think. Good luck for tomorrow (?) mate.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

who is gregory house???...lol

i won't be able to style it whilst slinged up, i am going for an afro or emo look...lol

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

no real updates as have no car... i can say that the cup set-up will be complete when the rest of the work is being done, i supplied a non-recirc, non-aircon blower so that will be the last aircon bits out the car...happy days

on another note, i have recently been visiting reclamation yards/stores for furniture for mine and the mrs' cottage, we have got something now but also saw some cool things, kinda car related

DSC00052.jpg

lol....

can.jpg

a proper old school anti-freeze jug, loved it and it was only £5 so bought it, seen some cool RAC light up sign too...