ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The everlasting ph1 ITB Build **GREEN-BUILD STARTS AT PAGE 100**

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Re: No Compromise ph1 ITB build (Fastcar, BTM, TDF, RS Fab) - ITB update p77

went down the unit this avo but a mate with his S3 was using the lift, i wasn't going to lie on the floor struggling with the exhaust or suspension so left it, had 2 cups of coffee and discussed the windows and paint with my sprayer mate....
leaving my mate to get his S3 sorted though is all good as that was what was clogging the unit were the clio was stored....nice bit of room in there now

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

so my single wiper conversion kit turned up today... happy about that, will get some pictures soon.
also got some whiteline bits on order...yay

ph1 172, berlingo

You just wait till the Clio 155 gets let lose on the road, watch out peeps, I did pop in on sat for a chat but no one around, danny got that dung sorted now then?

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

you popped in at the wrong time then....everyone was down there earlier in the day. danny has got it out now yes
i heard about the 155..... whats that all about?

ph1 172, berlingo

The map that was on the car is utter plop over fueling= way down on power, then the softwear was corrupt so bad to worse in several hundred squid, we will get there though. I hope or out comes the big hammer!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

The map that was on the car is utter plop over fueling= way down on power, then the softwear was corrupt so bad to worse in several hundred squid, we will get there though. I hope or out comes the big hammer!

hope you sort it

ph1 172, berlingo

Me too, not chasing figures but want it drivable and reliable, or I will forge it and stick a blower on it's ass

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

also should have a full set of powerflex bushes en-route to me also now... happy days,
post seems sh*t though, no pictures of anything (sorry)

also now purchased the metal for the custom subframes, all cut to size, just needs bending and welding.....£13 bargain

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

also should have a full set of powerflex bushes en-route to me also now... happy days,
post seems sh*t though, no pictures of anything (sorry)

also now purchased the metal for the custom subframes, all cut to size, just needs bending and welding.....£13 bargain

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

whats wrong with powerflex?

rose-jointed? do you mean tack-wending the sleeves in? whats the advantage of this?

car is being trailered to caged this weekend.

182cup & 172 racecar

rose-jointed? do you mean tack-wending the sleeves in? whats the advantage of this?

They need tacking in otherwise they will move,and you don't want that do you.

340i

Somebody face palm this man... Rose joints are not a form of welding ;)

he means have Rose joints rather than the bushes, but nobody has ever done that on a Clio (that I've seen)

99% sure this one does:

Photo597.jpg

if there anything like 106 items though they`ll be about £1500 though :(

could have made it easier to get into then!!! cracking example of how to do it properly though!!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

Somebody face palm this man... Rose joints are not a form of welding ;)
he means have Rose joints rather than the bushes, but nobody has ever done that on a Clio (that I've seen)

lol...i know they are not a form of welding, but i was meaning does it give the same effect...
i have no clue when it comes to this but heard the 2 being talked about in a similar vein

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

IMG_0435.jpg

so i dropped a few bits down the unit early and got the car prepped for taking it over to caged...
below, my new single wiper conversion kit from stormwipers...

IMG_0431.jpg

and then the car loaded up and ready to go, looking forward to getting it back for a total strip down, welding, grinding and painting
IMG_0436.jpg

IMG_0438.jpg

Rose joints are metal replacement bushes. Power flex are jus a really hard rubber/plastic. Not very nice compared to the likes of super pro. Mines getting Rose jointed front wishbones which will be 50mm wider each side, so need to look into custom arb's to counter the extra track.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182

Love this as always, so much time, effort and money put into it :)

182cup & 172 racecar

You'll have so many bits to bolt on when its ready,you won't know what to first.

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI

I wouldnt use rose joints on a road car. I dont fancy having to strip and clean the suspension regularly or the cost of replacing them.
My track car has them but its not going to be road legal.

Kev

alien green rs133

we run rose joints on the rally car, instead of the ball joint. but this means you need longer shafts. this is not a problem for us as we have a sadev seq box.
then you gotta make sure rose joints have grease nipples to stop the seizing.
if you require any further information, don't hesitate to contact me.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

cheers for the posts guys (i think it will be more useful to danlp6 as i will deffo not be running rose joints)... good to have the info anyways.

just heard back from caged and the dashbar is complete:
this means new saddles for it, and the whole front end of the cage re-powder coated.

yay, should be able to get it back home a night this week and will then proceed to attack it, ie..windows out, rest of the sound deadening out..grinding etc etc

Yeh the ones I've got have grease nipples. Tbh mine will be doing minimal road miles anyway, it's going to be interesting on the road to say the least!

I'll arrange to pop over sometime Neil, have a chat to see what else I can persuade you into ;-)

TrackCar & F30 330d

Are you taking the windows out your self. If you are i'd like to know how you do it as i'm eventually going to get Poly windows so i'll be doing mine at some point.

How heavy do you think your car will be when its finished? I'm aiming for 800kg

340i

Cheese wire to remove the windows ;)

182cup & 172 racecar

Are you taking the windows out your self. If you are i'd like to know how you do it as i'm eventually going to get Poly windows so i'll be doing mine at some point.

How heavy do you think your car will be when its finished? I'm aiming for 800kg

800kg,that will a struggle,good luck.

Evo 5 RS

800kg is pretty much gonna be 4 wheels and a steering wheel. You'll never see that. Have you weighed your car Chris since you've taken all this weight from it? It's still going to weigh a fair amount over 900kg even now

182cup & 172 racecar

Think ours was 850kg with some fuel,didn't want to go down the carbon doors route,to flimsy for my liking.

Evo 5 RS

mine was 945 last time I put it on the weigh bridge. Although I had some small items in the back. Maybe lose the engine

:D