ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The everlasting ph1 ITB Build **GREEN-BUILD STARTS AT PAGE 100**

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
Re: No Compromise ph1 ITB build (Fastcar, BTM, TDF, RS Fab) - ITB update p77

cant say ive act seen it done without, was more a comment about loosing weight, function over form and all that

TrackCar & F30 330d

When I worked for BMW Mini they used to put little rubber blobs like the blobs you get on the bottom of your laptop or computer. So when the glass was decked it wouldnt go in too much and sit flush

Niel is there possiable going to be a group buy on these poly windows? And are you getting sliders for the drivers side?

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

i fired up the computer quickly prior to going to work on the car today so will be having a look at the windows / their seats in a bit.

chrispy i will certainly be talking to tony about a possible group buy, sounds like a plan.
i will be having sliders both sides.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car

i fired up the computer quickly prior to going to work on the car today so will be having a look at the windows / their seats in a bit.

chrispy i will certainly be talking to tony about a possible group buy, sounds like a plan.
i will be having sliders both sides.

if your sorting a group buy - let me know neil!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

so i had another day on the clio yesterday and there was a few jobs i wanted to get done prior to today. i achieved a few of these but the others just got lost amidst doing others, oh well.

The first thing i needed to do was remove the front drivers and passenger windows, i got a call in the week from my mate where the car is kept saying that the rest of the windows had been removed, happy days, so when i got down there i was left with this...

IMG_0439.jpg

IMG_0440.jpg

20mins later and the fronts were both out also, motors, all wiring, rubbers etc etc, she now sat windowless (except for the windscreen just placed in)

IMG_0449.jpg

IMG_0459.jpg

IMG_0444-1.jpg

IMG_0453.jpg

(the motors, and full door looms and all the glass will be up for sale if anyones bothered)

next up was to remove the cage, only a few weeks ago the cage had another bar welded in across the dash area but it needed to come back out again now as the interior needs more work, so on with it, however i trial fitted the mark 1 dash back in with the new dash bar in. To say i am happy with how it looks is an understatement.

before:
IMG_0445.jpg

after:
IMG_0446.jpg

IMG_0448.jpg

it sits perfectly and it looks spot on height wise for where the race technology dash 2 is going to sit, happy days
next up with all the windows, the cage and blower / heater matrix removed i set about removing the rear loom as this was only held in before by the rear window heater. Now the rear was going polycarb i didn't need it, so out came the rear loom and that soon got chopped and yanked, i cut one wire i shouldn't but its now back together so its all good

lots of wires
IMG_0451.jpg

next up i got distracted by the wing mirrors, i removed these as i wanted to remove the wires from them, they won't need to be electric so i got to it, got dam that was a pain in the ass, its not just a few wires, but a whole world of pain, heres all the stuff removed from just wing mirror mechanisms

IMG_0457.jpg

but they both got done and put to one side, now a darn sight lighter...

IMG_0454.jpg

i thought i also better take a snap of my whiteline that i received the other day, also in the pack are some front whiteline camber bolts, this teamed with the powerflex bush kit that is on its way should sort the front out a treat, all i need now is some new coilovers.

IMG_0455-1.jpg

and so with the end of the day approaching and me not wanting to get into anything big i got to taping the over-fenders on for an idea on how they would look, the people who have been following the thread will know why these where going on... i received the over-fenders a few weeks ago but with other bits going on, then the snow i only managed to get them mocked up today, see below.

IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_0462.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg

IMG_0464.jpg

IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

IMG_0467.jpg

IMG_0468.jpg

IMG_0469.jpg

IMG_0470.jpg

IMG_0471.jpg

IMG_0472.jpg

They are a universal, and really the only aftermarket type of thing you can get, i was a little bit dubious of the size when i got them, and then offered them up to a 19" wheel we had in the office (which they fitted relatively well). I always said that if it didn't look right it wouldn't happen and i would have to look at some other way around the issues i may soon have.

Needless to say, i think i will be posting these back.
all in all though a good day again, and tomorrow i am off with the removed windows to speak to tony at ACW motorsport plastics for some polycarbs...yay

CLIO PH1 172

overfenders :eek: i love em but the track needs widening loooooooads for its to even be close to working visually, good progress though buddy

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

they just flat out don't work with the lines of the car, hence why they will be going back i think

Qashcow

Shame the over fenders don't work, I guess they don't suit such a rounded car so much as an 80's square box :-(

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

Shame the over fenders don't work, I guess they don't suit such a rounded car so much as an 80's square box :-(

you mean like this? ...lol, it's a collegues car, these are exactly the same over-fenders, works on his (this is a work in progress)

DSC_1009.jpg

DSC_0981.jpg

Evo 5 RS

Such a shame this didn't pan out for yours :( Would of thought you would of mocked something amazing up on PS first mind you??

Az you hav talent init!!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

not done massive amounts this weekend, ended up going and collecting a van with my mate then popped back and started some fabrication on the seat subframes with another friend of mine..
the initial idea was to create the same as this carboard template out of 4mm sheet steel.
IMG_0386.jpg

the thing that i was a little bit unsure of was these tabs and how they would work and how strong they would be
IMG_0387.jpg

we got fabricating...
IMG_0479.jpg

IMG_0480.jpg

IMG_0481.jpg

IMG_0482.jpg

so 1 done
IMG_0483.jpg

we done the same for the second and then looked at the tabs, we bent these up but dues to the nature of the bend we were unsure, we decided to go and check these against the car, whilst checking them my previous worries reared there heads again, we were unsure if the tabs would be a good idea, they could flex alot and may not be the best approach, we think the best approach now may be to not weld the tabs on and instead to bung the holes in the exhaust tunnel, then bolt through the rails (that go across the car), possibly through to the underside of the car and keep strength here using spreader plates....

all opinions and ideas welcome on this

Qashcow

The rails on mine have been fine bolted to, Adey has only bolted his to the rear seat rail because be sits so far back. I've never bothered with proper frames.

Is that stavs sierra? hoooooge turbos = likey

looking good fella! I think i might be the only one who quite likes the arches!

might have already said but do you have a particular target date?

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

The rails on mine have been fine bolted to, Adey has only bolted his to the rear seat rail because be sits so far back. I've never bothered with proper frames.
Is that stavs sierra? hoooooge turbos = likey

how has he only used the rears mate? the rears were the problem, they tilt slightly (ie do not sit flat), how else is he mounting them? spacering them up elsewhere? could you point him in this direction mate?
its jamie's from fast ford mag, awesome isn't it

looking good fella! I think i might be the only one who quite likes the arches!
might have already said but do you have a particular target date?

i did have a re-think about the arches, lol, i thought actually they could work... that was after a few people said they looked awesome, then i thought through how much work they would really be, and i removed them yesterday, they will be posted back tomorrow.

as for a target date i was thinking the end of april / when the weather turns but i dunno, there is still loads to do, full paint inside and out, new exhaust, new map, full interior loom with insertion of Dash2 dash....hmm i will get there

Qashcow

Adey's seat is now sitting at the angle of that rear beam, drug dealer stylee. He'll be over in the week, will take a pic and send it your way

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

sadly not going to be able to work on the clio this weekend as am on a stag doo, however i do have some progress, (will get pics shortly)

Carbon door cards for front and rear have turned up from mike at Performance trim.... super happy with them, can't wait to eye them up.
also got a full powerflex kit on the way now...

then i heard from the polycarb wndow man and we are having a trial fit next week, excited now

340i

I ran the performance trim cards in my Clio, very good quality... A random photo from the road trip;

dsc_0117.jpg

340i

I also have a set of genuine R.Sport Cup racer door handle spacers (brand new never used) in the garage I think... ;)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

I also have a set of genuine R.Sport Cup racer door handle spacers (brand new never used) in the garage I think... ;)

will i need these then?
baring in mind i am cutting the inside of the doors apart

i have them door cards too, tidy the inside up alot

ill take them door handles if he doesnt want them :D

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

so will be doing a bit more this week as will have a few days off to be working on the clio,

the sound deadening will come off the roof
the polycarb templates will be offered up
the carbon doorcards will also be offered up and marked so i know what i can loose from the doors
any other pieces of useless metal on the inside will also disappear this week with the aid of a grinder
and the seat rails will be finally fitted to the position they will take

once that is all done i think the interior will be ready to prep for paint.

oh and i have had another idea, whilst i was up at autosport i spotted something on the Revire stand, it was one of these...

R01SB0193b.jpg

its a carbon Lotus Exige S2 roofscoop
anyone guess what i may be using it for? and its not the obvious.

for the throttle body intake thingy majiggy?

DCi 100

If your using that to feed the engine your a nutter, simple as lol!

Did you mean reVerie?

340i

Is it going to be the exact same size as the Elise roof scoop?

Qashcow

Your using as a slide for the kitten?