ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The everlasting ph1 ITB Build **GREEN-BUILD STARTS AT PAGE 100**

340i
Re: No Compromise ph1 ITB build (Fastcar, BTM, TDF, RS Fab) - ITB update p77

Mine was completely stripped of everything, but still had original windows / glass / dashboard / blowers, heaters etc.

With 3/4 of a tank it weighed 860kg iirc! So I think you would really struggle to get 800kg, especially when you have a good 40kg~ of cage ;)

TrackCar & F30 330d

My 182 weighs roughly 850kg now and i'll eventually be getting poly windows, gutting the doors and a fiberglass boot & bonnet. I think there's about 50kg there.

I'll get mine weighed when its finished :)

Trophy Turbo :)

ill tell you now weight isnt every thing!!! the limatatins of the engine and Gearbox no matter hwo light you go the car wont go any faster

ITS ALL TOO DO WITH THE DRIVER :mad:)

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI

ill tell you now weight isnt every thing!!! the limatatins of the engine and Gearbox no matter hwo light you go the car wont go any faster

rubbish lol
A lighter car brakes better, accelerates better and corners better. I'm trying to get my peugeot track car down to around 600kg!

Kev

RS2'd Trophy

rubbish lol
A lighter car brakes better, accelerates better and corners better. I'm trying to get my peugeot track car down to around 600kg!

Kev

I fully agree with you Kev, Im guessing its an S1 106 of some sort then. I remember Dave getting his down to about 650-70 kg with a race cell and plenty of hole sawing.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

Are you taking the windows out your self. If you are i'd like to know how you do it as i'm eventually going to get Poly windows so i'll be doing mine at some point.
How heavy do you think your car will be when its finished? I'm aiming for 800kg

I am getting the windows professionally removed, this is for several reasons, first of all you do not pay for them to be removed but you pay for the chap to refit the next windows, i am getting the chap to do this as i want to get these windows in properly, no bodging or dodgey attempts, secondly the company i am using for the polycarbs are yet to have a clio template so they will need some glass to cut these.

with regards to weight, i was unsure but hoped for somewhere between 800-1000kg.... obviously the lower being the better

The boot floor weighs a fai amount. I was surprised when I took mine out!

funny you mentioned that, can't remember who i was talking to about it but we were saying about fitting a 182 floorpan...then decided it was possibly just too much....

thats why i am going on a diet, and only plan on wearing the minimum amount of clothing possible when driving it...

on another note, not sure i mentioned in this thread but have had more stuff turn up this week.
my whiteline arb is here and also the over-fenders...(blimey they are large)

i will get photos shortly, probably over the weekend as i will be collecting the car from caged, they managed to turn the dashbar round in a day, spot on service.... anyone considering a cage should really speak to them.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

Whiteline front camber adjustment bolts have just arrived also...
its coming together

200 cup/Btm'd ph1

Are you getting your polycarbs off ACW Tony in Bristol??

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

your progress frustrates me

it doesn't feel like its coming along that much...lol, still a shed load to do, not helpful when someone else whos building something keeps texting you saying how quickly they are planning on doing something...(you know who you are...meh)

Are you getting your polycarbs off ACW Tony in Bristol??

i will be going up to visit him next week hopefully... i will be speaking to him tomorrow if he is still in the office. whys that mate?

Ian@Godspeed just posted this on another project thread on here
http://www.t7design.co.uk/index.php?...roducts_id=180
Could be of interest to you :)
I may get one too

funny you should show me that, myself and my 2 mates (where i keep the car) have fallen out with the jetski builder guy, for some reason he decided to have a pop at each one of us individually.... meaning he won't be making my nice custom centre console... am looking into other ideas, this won't still demist the windscreen though will it...

Qashcow

I know who I are indeed ;-) better get your chomp on, although I have a fair bit less 'work' to do than you. Alot of mine just involves bolting stuff together, except the cambelt which is the first hurdle lol.

Shame about the console man, was looking forward to that

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

as posted in my daily beater thread i have had a real ballache getting out of the cottage of late as its all uphill and untreated roads, today for the first time in over a week i managed to get the passat out with some help from a friend.
SAM_1053.jpg

i had the passat loaded up with a load of the clio bits to take back down to the unit with it, the clio had been away and as there was another car in the unit i didn't want to leave the stuff there to get damagedm the other car has gone now so this could all go back down. I got a call from the mate with the flatbed that he could pick the clio up this afternoon so it was arranged to meet him at CAGED.

I got over to caged and was super chuffed with the work, the had fitted the dash bar exactly how i had asked, they put a saddle bracket in on each upright and fitted it to them, this meant they had to strip and recoat the uprghts aswell as the new bar, but it was no issue and the job was done in less than a day (shame i couldn't pick it up that quick due to the weather).

before:
IMG_0384.jpg

after:
SAM_1058.jpg

the bends are really nice and the bar sits nice and tight to the column, should allow plenty of room for the digital dash and also add a nice amount of rigidity to the front of the cage, really can't recommend caged enough. + they are now moving to bigger premises and getting some new machines so they can fabricate pretty much everything.

SAM_1060.jpg

SAM_1059.jpg

it was a tad nerve wracking getting the clio loaded on the back of the flatbed, it just fairly slippery, the car was strapped down but even tightly strapped it still shifted a bit on the journey back to the unit, still all was safe in the end and the transport only cost me £40 return + some hoegarden (spelling), emptied the passat of all the clio bits ready to carry on the work at the unit, oh yeah, had a quick visual trial fit of the over-fenders also.....lol...could be interesting.
SAM_1055.jpg

and then tucked the clio back in,
SAM_1057.jpg

already spoken to the chap to remove the glass and hopefully at somepoint next week i can drop the glass of for the polycarbs to be made....can't wait
update again soon.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

I know who I are indeed ;-) better get your chomp on, although I have a fair bit less 'work' to do than you. Alot of mine just involves bolting stuff together, except the cambelt which is the first hurdle lol.
Shame about the console man, was looking forward to that

i will sort something for the console, no real big loss

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

ha... no surprise there,

so christmas has been and gone, hope it was good for everyone, it may not be that exciting to most but i am super happy. i got a fair few things that although do not directly go into my project, they will help massively.
I made a list before christmas and was specific to pick out the Halfords Professional advanced range, mainly because its good quality and if it does break you can just take it back and exchange it.

i have managed along time without proper (good) tools so i am very much looking forward to using all these. Although the clio is currently at a friends unit where i have the use of every Snap-on tool known to man the idea is to get the car out of there before april so the tools will be at my disposal ready.... the bits and bobs

SAM_1092.jpg

SAM_1089.jpg

SAM_1091.jpg

SAM_1088.jpg

SAM_1095.jpg

the problem is were i currently live i also don't have a garage and the sudden amount of tools suddenly leave me with a problem of knowhere to store them, i think me and the gf will be looking for a new place to move shortly...somewhere with a garage.
back to the tools however and it come to light that somehow halfords had managed to screw something up, resulting in us getting 2 of one of the sets, i took this back today and exchanged it for a few bits, they will come in useful i am sure, especially the gauge for trackday tyre monitoring.

SAM_1086.jpg

will be back down to the clio soon to carry on the work, window removal is first, ready for the polycarbds to be cut/made

Qashcow

After beer and sex, tool purchasing is THE most satisfying thing known to man

182cup & 172 racecar

Can tell your young,that order is wrong.

340i

LOL!

brilliant...

Nothing better than having a good tool in your hand.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car

nice one neil...i like buying tools too! bought a shed load of service stuff last week, made me :)

BMW E46 330i Touring

I bet it isn't that organised in 12 months time.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

i am very happy with all my tools, apparently i am set to get some more for my birthday...yay
will pm you back about the karting duck...cheers bud

richard691

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo RS133 & 172

Any news on the polycarbonate windows?

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

a bit of progress has happened since the car has been back from Caged, the windscreen man has been and has now removed all the windows, this will make it easier to paint but also will allow me to get the polycarbs sorted...

does anyone know how the rear 3/4 polycarbs work when they go back in? i haven't seen the car yet but i have been told that its a little strange as they have funny rubbers on these windows?

Any news on the polycarbonate windows?

hiya mate,
i should be visiting tony at acw on sunday, i will be dropping my windows off and discussing everything then, i will post up with info

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

the rears are all bonded in no? no rubbers?

they are but i think the rear rubbers push the windows out to sit flush with the bodywork, my mate who is a painter/sprayer (where the car is kept) said its a weird set-up, and he works with cars all day and knows what he's on about... i haven't seen it yet

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member

thats extra weight, rip em out and bond the poly ones straight to the metal ;-P

Lionel Richie

i agree with neil, i want to use the rubbers also so they're spaced correctly, looks bodged otherwise