ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The everlasting ph1 ITB Build **GREEN-BUILD STARTS AT PAGE 100**

TrackCar & F30 330d
are you in a different country boy? or on planet zog?

I'm getting sucked into the American ways!

It is unbelievable how cheap cars and car parts are out here!

23 year olds Driving 335i or Z4 35i company cars! Its disgusting!

Filled up my car yesterday, $3.00 a gallon!

God knows how mcuh super unleaded is in the UK now, My wallet will haev a shock when i fill up the Clio!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
I'm getting sucked into the American ways!
It is unbelievable how cheap cars and car parts are out here!
23 year olds Driving 335i or Z4 35i company cars! Its disgusting!
Filled up my car yesterday, $3.00 a gallon!
God knows how mcuh super unleaded is in the UK now, My wallet will haev a shock when i fill up the Clio!

i wince at filling the DCi up....

can i just ask what size trumpets did you get for the fog lights? the yellow ones :) i did PM you but i really need to know!! :D

PM'd

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
so i spent all of yesterday going through all of the clio parts, sorting and arranging all the parts into relevant boxes, labeling everything so its easy to find,
I am still unsure what is happening with the car but sorting everything in that way should help when it comes to a re-build or sell situation.

Everything got stacked back in the car for ease, except my P4P polycarb rear windscreen (which seems to have disappeared), hopefully it is still where the car was last stored,
it currently sits awaiting its fate (looking a tad sorry for itself.)

3ebca9c636f711e2979222000a1f9bc6_7.jpg

TrackCar & F30 330d
Oooo thats an expensive thing to loose if you cant find the windows! Hopefully they turn up!

It does looks a bit sorry for its self!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Oooo thats an expensive thing to loose if you cant find the windows! Hopefully they turn up!

It does looks a bit sorry for its self!

Yeah pretty cheesed off about that, especially as i am so organised... Since purchasing it the car has moved location once and us (house) twice, hopefully it is at my mates bodyshop and he hasn't chucked or sold it ffs

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
so last weekend i sat down with Microsoft Excel, a demon tweeks catalogue and cliosport open in a window and set about working out potentially i could get back if i now break and sell everything. I calculated mostly larger things and think i have been pretty generous (to the buyer) on parts prices.... but still i was shocked at the outcome....

+£11k (and thats second hand prices, not what it owes me)

I am now in a bit of a dilemma, (but then again i think i have been for a while). With my home/life situation getting no better at the moment and having no excess money to have fun, let alone put into the car there seems no clear way to take the car further.... to progress the car money needs to be put into it, welding, wiring looms, mapping, windscreen, exhaust... and ideally paint (although i know this isn't vital), in comparison £11k seems pretty nice.

However i have put alot of effort/time into this car, i don't currently need the money for a house/deposit... so am unsure, even if i did sell up i would sill want something fun, so would end up purchasing something (unsure what, or how much i would then spend again).

So what would you do?...
i know there is alot of idiots on here, but there are also alot of sensible people, and people that may have experienced similar...

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
downgrade things. Sell un-necessary parts to raise the cash for the parts you need to finish it. Get it running in a much simpler but ultimately effective guise

Actually, i take that back What do you want?

An out and out track car?

A weekend but trackable car?

A weekend road car?

Something else?

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Well at the moment you have the DCi and the ph1.

As much as I hate to say it, sell the ph1 bits, get rid of the DCi and get something that's fun and practical at the same time, because, lets face it, the chances of you progressing with this in the next year are slim, and if you sell the bits and get something fun you're going to have even less money to spend on "fun" things as you'll then have 2 cars to pay out for rather than just the 1.

TrackCar & F30 330d
11k is a lot of money!

It sounds like your trying to make the Selling up option better than the keeping it!

If you have no money now then you might not have any money in 6 months time. Still wont have a finished clio or a different "fun" car.

So i would say you have three options!

Sell everything buy a road registered car to have fun in.

Sell some things which will fund the bits you need to finish the car

Bank loan for the bits you need? (or Sell your Bike?)

If you need a hand i'm only up the road (from Jan) :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Sell your Dci, sell your bits... £13,500 in your pocket.

Spend £5k on a nice new(er) shape Mx5, £2k on a turbo conversion and bank £6500.

You've then got some cash for a rainy day and a nice car that is good on a commute or Epic on track.

Sorted.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Actually, i take that back What do you want?
An out and out track car? A weekend but trackable car? A weekend road car? Something else?

i wanted a fast road/track car, something that i can take out on the road to play with but also take to the track, (which, if our life plan finally works out could be a fair bit with silverstone, rockingham and bedford on the doorstep.)

11k is a lot of money!
It sounds like your trying to make the Selling up option better than the keeping it!
If you have no money now then you might not have any money in 6 months time. Still wont have a finished clio or a different "fun" car. So i would say you have three options!

Sell everything buy a road registered car to have fun in.
Sell some things which will fund the bits you need to finish the car
Bank loan for the bits you need? (or Sell your Bike?)

If you need a hand i'm only up the road (from Jan) :)

cheers for the kind words and offer mate. Maybe 2 options as i am no way getting a bank loan. The thing is with currently having no money is my life is still on hold, still renting and living in 2 places as we are struggling to complete the ideal move to MK, still just feels like one thing after another tbh..... i don't want to particularly sell my bike (even though its flat and theres knowhere to ride in MK, also, second hand its not worth that much). As you and 519 say i could sell bits, thats something i've not really thought about, i am very lucky to have a good shopping list of parts thanks to Fastcar, perhaps thats another avenue to look at. The first option was the one i had most considered, sell up and buy something fun/commuter friendly

Sell your Dci, sell your bits... £13,500 in your pocket.
Spend £5k on a nice new(er) shape Mx5, £2k on a turbo conversion and bank £6500.
You've then got some cash for a rainy day and a nice car that is good on a commute or Epic on track.
Sorted.

as you say dan, the DCi would stay (go to naomi) but her 206 would be sold and the extra money put in the pocket/bank with a smaller amount to spend on a fun, commuter friendly car, perhaps not an MX5 but hence why i text about the valver....i just miss something fun, really miss it.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You don't want the valver mate. As much as i'd love to take your money off you, you will end up in the same position as you're in now.

Its the reason i'm selling it... I can't be bothered with the hassle/expense of sending it somewhere to finish it off (Cooksport is the obvious choice) or renting a unit @ £200 per month just for somewhere to store it and finish it myself. I just want to get some money back in and buy something that I can track asap. The fun is in the driving for me, not the building! lol.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
You don't want the valver mate. As much as i'd love to take your money off you, you will end up in the same position as you're in now.

Its the reason i'm selling it... I can't be bothered with the hassle/expense of sending it somewhere to finish it off (Cooksport is the obvious choice) or renting a unit @ £200 per month just for somewhere to store it and finish it myself. I just want to get some money back in and buy something that I can track asap. The fun is in the driving for me, not the building! lol.

if that the way i go, i want something i'd enjoy, i loved my valver.... thats why i thought about it, i thought if it was almost there i could move across anything from the 172 and then sell/bank the rest, thinking about what else is about not much appeals to me.... i wouldn't want another 172/182 tbh,

you say cooksport, even though they are now in Tewksbury? its rubbish you have lost the place to store/sort it. I have been offered somewhere in MK with people that could help/know what they are doing (beaniemoo), but i can't commit to it if it as i still don't properly live up there and would obviously mean more ££££.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Tewkesbury is only 40 minutes up the road, they're ideal!

But I can't afford it and that's that.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I'd say to sell up. Buy yourself something you can use straight away. It'll be shame but when do you really think you'll get to the point of using this and REALLY enjoying it?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Nearly 1/2 million views mate. Awesome, shame to see the dilemma!

Clio 172
Sounds to me like you've lost your love for it, I'd say get it gone, buy something useable and maybe in the future crack on with something else. There are always alot of ready sorted cars that come up for sale on here and other car forums, just buy someone else'e finished project.

I think you should get rid, cut the losses now.

You've got loads of time to build another epic build, just seems that this car isn't meant to be right now!

As much as I would love to see this car finished :)

I can't remember your full spec but 11k sounds like a lot to get back. Are you sure you'll get that?

I looked at breaking a real high spec (bodies, cams, iconel valves, engine, gripper+box, shell plus all bits, cage, seats, lots of decent wheels and tyres, etc, etc) clio the other week and looking at current prices in the for sale section I thought I'd be lucky to get 7-8k for the bits.

Can send you over the spreadsheet if you like, pm me.

I think you'd benefit from getting back out there in something like Daniel says. Whether that is down spec of the current car or something else...

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry to hear that things aren't working out too well at the moment, mate. Whatever you decide to do good luck and I hope fortune turns in your favour soon. :D

Flame Red Clio 172
Car belonged to a guy called Ryan Stewart aka Stanton part of the F6 Squared crew. He doesn't own it any more and I'm not sure if the car still exists or it got broken.

Pics here on his FB page :- https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150235900095161.454520.507960160&type=3

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?..._10150269334250161_1915780_n.jpg&size=720,466

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...9_10150269334255161_965504_n.jpg&size=720,479

i got offered this car as part of a swap for my audi. this was about half a year ago now though. was owned by someone in staffordshire at that time.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

tbh i am not sure how that has happened, imo this project thread has kind of dwindled into a load of waffle, plenty of awesome projects on here, obviously the people of CS have to much time on there hands

You've got loads of time to build another epic build, just seems that this car isn't meant to be right now!

i don't think i would ever build another project, i won't ever have the funds again, and with all the stuff i have for this build i would never be able to build something to even 1/4 of the spec this could be..... its kind of a once in a lifetime chance.....(sounds a bit gay though)

I can't remember your full spec but 11k sounds like a lot to get back. Are you sure you'll get that?
I looked at breaking a real high spec (bodies, cams, iconel valves, engine, gripper+box, shell plus all bits, cage, seats, lots of decent wheels and tyres, etc, etc) clio the other week and looking at current prices in the for sale section I thought I'd be lucky to get 7-8k for the bits.
I think you'd benefit from getting back out there in something like Daniel says. Whether that is down spec of the current car or something else...

nah mark, i am not 100% sure i'll get that, but i have been pretty generous with figures, i also sent the spreadsheet to a couple mates in the know and they seem to think its about right, would be good to have a look at yours and compare it with mine,

Sorry to hear that things aren't working out too well at the moment, mate. Whatever you decide to do good luck and I hope fortune turns in your favour soon. :D

thank you mate, appreciate that

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

tbh i am not sure how that has happened, imo this project thread has kind of dwindled into a load of waffle, plenty of awesome projects on here, obviously the people of CS have to much time on there hands

Sounds to me like you've lost your love for it, I'd say get it gone, buy something useable and maybe in the future crack on with something else. There are always alot of ready sorted cars that come up for sale on here and other car forums, just buy someone else'e finished project.

the thing is, i don't think i have lost the love, i still want to create it and especially don't want to quit on a project, i am just considering what is sensible. As you say about buying something else, we talked about EK9's with K20's already converted last night... it could be best to let someone else take the hit on a project and then buy it when they are bored

i don't think i would ever build another project, i won't ever have the funds again, and with all the stuff i have for this build i would never be able to build something to even 1/4 of the spec this could be..... its kind of a once in a lifetime chance.....(sounds a bit gay though)

nah mark, i am not 100% sure i'll get that, but i have been pretty generous with figures, i also sent the spreadsheet to a couple mates in the know and they seem to think its about right, would be good to have a look at yours and compare it with mine,

thank you mate, appreciate that

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
So whats the plan big man?
Finish car? Sell bits? Sell Everything?

i am still so up in the air with what to do mate, my current living/working situation really isn't helping in general or with the decision tbh...

the options are pretty much:
1) finish car (without selling bits)
2) sell all and buy something else (fun/for everyday, possibly keep seats/harnesses)

Qashcow
option 3) keep it all secured and out of eye sight somewhere and in 24 months come back to it with a fresh head, fresh bank account when Naomi has work sorted and fresh ideas. Fresh

BOOM, another great idea bought to you in association with B-Spec Skunkworks

TrackCar & F30 330d
Lots of ups and downs in this thread recently!!!!

It doesnt cost you anything to keep it in your garage! Just put it on axle stands until your ready to finish it.

Each to their own, but we are in simialr situations, I live in a different country to my car, you live miles away from yours. Basically the same!

We've both put lots of effort into our projects, you might as well finish it and drive it!

Its all about 2013!!!!! I get back from the US in january so I WILL be finishing my car and driving it all summer!

Set yourself a realistic target kiddo!

option 3) keep it all secured and out of eye sight somewhere and in 24 months come back to it with a fresh head, fresh bank account when Naomi has work sorted and fresh ideas. Fresh

BOOM, another great idea bought to you in association with B-Spec Skunkworks

Copy Cat! ;)