ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The everlasting ph1 ITB Build **GREEN-BUILD STARTS AT PAGE 100**

172 Exclusive... For Sale
Re: someph-ing different...........

so what's your plan for your wheels then? as you said you were going to do something similar?

I'm thinking antharcite wheels, keeping the standard BBS ones and refurbing them and add a mustard coloured band as the mustard may go well with the scarab grren of the Exclusive.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

cheers, new update

old wheel coming off

000_0162.jpg

gone

000_0163.jpg

new on

000_0164.jpg

everything else is now gone, only thing that needs doing is seats bolting down, then the MOT in 2 weeks and back on the road

oh and i have a new digaredo to fit from gray after the MOT too

340i

Looking good mate!!

A new steering wheel is one of the next things on my list of "Need more money to waste on the Clio" hahaa..

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

well this is being dropped at the garage this evening,

MOT tomorrow, then decat fitting and removal of coilover locking ring on the rears to drop it again....

rang insurance this morning and my premium hasn't gone up and all is declared, will be taxed later this week and be on the road again early next week.....

can't wait

Golf R/Leon FR

good stuff neil

is the steering wheel smaller than standard?

looks big in the pics

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

i think you'll find that what i did is a far sight easier than removing all the dash..... once you know how of course

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

well it failed the MOT

needs a new lower ball joint, new rear number plate bulb and headlight alignment.....lol

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

Can't wait to see this! (although i did say that about Jays 3 months ago and still haven't got round to it! lol)

What brakes you going with 'bone?

Last edited:

I would highly recommend Ferrodo (sp) DS2500 pads mate, with brembo High Carbons.

The ph1 has them on it and they are superb. So much so that i will be ordering some shortly.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

the brakes were all done just before christmas so will not be changing in the near future, other things to think about and spend money on first

FF Blackgold 182

Nice progress Mr Bone! :cool: Looking forward to seeing this in the metal! :evil:

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

MOT pass yesterday after headlight alignment, new rear number plate light and a lower ball joint.

purchasing TAX today,

also had the rear coilover locking rings removed so it will sit lower again.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

cheers mate...

must say it feels so good to drive, deffo feels quicker, love the sense you get in a stripped car, noise etc etc....close to my valver, which is a good thing...

more ideas then

had this idea a long time ago, taken from the vw boys to be fair, i know that another member is also thinking about this so not sure who will be the first to do it.... unlike the wheels.....dig dig...anyways, thoughts are welcome on it...

before

ph-shoot0023.jpg

ph-shoot0025.jpg

ph-shoot0026.jpg

possibly after (only a quick photoshop)

ph-shoot0023-1.jpg

ph-shoot0025-1.jpg

ph-shoot0026-1.jpg

thoughts welcome

also am thinking about getting the top of the dash flocked or coated in suede, but fanc something slightly different and possibly want yellow stitching in this..think that would look sweet, thoughts welcome on that too

titanic killer

the roof im not sure about tbh
but the dash flocked for sure will defo look mint in this car being stripped etc
seen it on fmps car at gdi and looks the part

Qashcow

Carbon roof skin FTW ;)

1 step ahead of you there lol, £1400ish to be doing it though which has put me off.

and neil, nob off. im having the black roof done first haha. only a matt vinyl though that can be removed easily enough.

i know im not the 'other' person whose mentioned it, but then he shouldnt of also mentioned it to me mwahaha

172 Race Car

I think everyone has had the same idea about the black roof.

could be the next turini's

Qashcow

well we know who to blame for this dont we, have seen a new GTR in a matt black vinyl and looked stunning. would love to do the whole car but ££££

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

may totally leave the black roof idea then.....lol, taylor is doing it too.

i was thinking after the black roof going for yellow race vinyl's......

jay - you sound like a stripped preacher ffs.......lol

172 Exclusive... For Sale

Theres a lot of nice Phase 1's round here but I reckon this might be my favourite project. Leave the roof as it is i think... Can't imagine the suede interior although yellow stitching sounds lovely.

172 Cup

looks very good matey, seats are a good choice, I had them in my last car briefly, hope that carpets coming out sometime soon ;)

Good project

Qashcow

got a price for a matt black vinyl today, guy reckoned on about £450 which i thourght was stupid. could get it painted for that.

saw a white mk4 golf with a black roof an spoiler today, looked nice

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

Theres a lot of nice Phase 1's round here but I reckon this might be my favourite project. Leave the roof as it is i think... Can't imagine the suede interior although yellow stitching sounds lovely.

cheers chap...appreciate that

got a price for a matt black vinyl today, guy reckoned on about £450 which i thourght was stupid. could get it painted for that.

saw a white mk4 golf with a black roof an spoiler today, looked nice

lol at that price.....bit silly.....i am not desperate to do it....we will see