ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The fourth and final incarnation!

ph1 track weapon
So today I picked up my fourth and hopefully last 172. Monaco blue with 68k and full history.

Car is in good condition mechanically and cosmetically which is nice, plus it was fairly cheap!

So to the plans.
Coilovers - bought and fitting next week
Seats- not sure what yet but buckets of some sort
Wheels - want 2118s in black but may end up with something else
Exhaust - inox, oreca race or yozza race hopefully

So wheels, interior and standard exhaust will soon be in the classified, and will be updating fairly slowly with new bits n pieces.

Pics................will be up a bit later!

ph1 track weapon
Nickson - I will indeed

Evil giraffe - just so happens I have full cup running gear sat in the garage. And for as cheap as it was thats why I went for it! £1300 ain't bad!

ph1 track weapon
I will when I'm done with it Adam, but that won't be for ages! Haven't you got buckets?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Monaco looks ace when clean, sort of purpley blue .. Wheels need to stay silver to look right though.

I think you'll be bored in weeks (days?!) after having a ph1 .. I know I was.

5476706352_ec3f37caed.jpg

;)

ph1 track weapon
That was my worry but needing a car fairly quickly and on a strict budget meant I couldn't be picky really :(

ph1 track weapon
Poop iPhone pic for now

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1314903361.852758.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1314903361.852758.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 129
  ph1 track weapon
Bought a few more bits. JMS induction setup, coils and hopefully some
Pro race 1.2s :)

ph1 track weapon
Took the car out for its first proper drive last night, and remembered what enjoy so much about these little cars :D

coilovers have been collected. Airbox and rear brakes should be with me in the next few days, and the weight loss has started. Also in the process of sorting out new wheels, so a fair bit going on!

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
LOL Clios are like a Disease with you, Buy one Break it, Buy another Break it Buy another.......

Looks nice though

ph1 track weapon
Hold on. I've owned 4, sold the first at a profit, broke the 2nd and then sold the third for profit

It's a common misconception I break loads of clios!

ph1 track weapon
569b6463-122a-c4d5.jpg

All change. before anyone says reverse rake, I know it needs adjusting plus it's on a hill, but all in good time :)

All I know is that I love how it looks now, and all it needs is exhaust and seats to look awesome :)

ph1 track weapon
cars going in for its full suspension set up and geo on thursday, as its a pig to drive at the min, albeit cracking turn in.

airbox been fitted, so on the hunt for a decent exhaust and some seats to complete the current phase til i can go a bit more balls out in the new year :)

ph1 track weapon
Nah not getting it corner weighted yet tim. Micheldever tyres are one of our suppliers at work so they're gonna do me a deal on setting all the geo, and getting a good mate to help with evening out all the heights for now.

Xsport once the seats and interior have changed though

ph1 track weapon
Bought nicksons freshly rebuild gaz. Got on well with them before despite what everyone says

Camber etc has all been sorted now and drives perfectly. Just need to play with the height til I'm happy and give it a good service, then no spending for a few months as I'm needing to put a few quid away for a house!

ph1 track weapon
So spendings gone on the back foot a lil bit, mainly because I have to save.......for an oreca race cage :D

Aside from that plans have gone on hold really as saving for a house amongst other things :(

Evo 5 RS
Oh lord I can't keep up. Last I checked you had another ph1! They'll be rare as rocking horse s**t by the time you're done with them you MURDERER

ph1 track weapon
Oh lord I can't keep up. Last I checked you had another ph1! They'll be rare as rocking horse s**t by the time you're done with them you MURDERER

i've only broken 1 phase 1!!!!!!!!

tbh, I've just come into some money. So please, if you could afford something much newer and better, please dont tell me you wouldnt do it!

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member

tbh, I've just come into some money. So please, if you could afford something much newer and better, please dont tell me you wouldnt do it!

TBH I could afford a lot 'better' car then the 172 if I wished, and still have it..... So go figure.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
So spendings gone on the back foot a lil bit, mainly because I have to save.......for an oreca race cage :D

Aside from that plans have gone on hold really as saving for a house amongst other things :(

These posts contradict one another, surely you'd keep the 172 and put this money towards the house you're saving for.

Looking forward to your 5th Clio ;)

TBH I could afford a lot 'better' car then the 172 if I wished, and still have it..... So go figure.

You've already got a Hilux and Fabia VRS which are better :rasp:

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
Good luck with the next purchase Ed,

Exactly what iv been trying to explane to people regarding getting a different car ! Would they seriously keep there Clio if they have the opertunity to get something better.

ph1 track weapon
Thanks dude. At The end of the day if I was breaking them all or losing money each time then if understand but I haven't, ad yet to make a loss on any clip I've owned!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Would they seriously keep there Clio if they have the opertunity to get something better.

Yes.

Purely as i know that in 6 months time, i'll want/need another clio, so there's no point getting rid of the current one lol.

I wish Ed would just admit that he's buying & selling/breaking clio's to make a bit of extra cash, & stop kidding himself with all the other excuses ;)