ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

the ideal set up

right here goes. ive got a 2003 dynamique (with sound pack). i wanna retain the stock HU and Changer, but want to improve sound. im kinda after quality, solidarity and clarity more than anything.

at the moment im thinking of upgrading all existing speakers, but amping the fronts. for the rear, im thinking of either a pair of amped 6x9s in a stealth shelf, of a sub. will the 6x9s be ample, as the clio is only a small car, i imagine they would maintain the clear kinda sound. or should i go for subs?

could anyone give me any advice or pointers? cheers

NO NO NO

please dont use 6x9s

all you need per a better sound staging in the car is

a decent set of components (spend more on these than anything esle, this is what you will be listening to all the time)
sub (not too overpowering)
amp to power sub (maybe even the fronts)

and thats it,

not essential to amp the fronts (does help though + the standard speakers will not be up to the task)

I have decent front components, and your fav 6x9s in a stealth. Have disconected factory rears. Would i be better with 17"s instead of 6x9s in the shelf?

captain_clio

to fit 6" in the doors is quite easy, but even easier to get wrong completely destroying your door cards

you have to make sure you are prepared for the risk, if so, then i will explain

A.G.P.

my opinion on 6x9s is very biased as i prefer ultimate sound quality over anything else, the way i view it is

if you were at a concert, would you turn your back to the stage? essentially that is the same thing as having the treble/mid coming from the rear (+ they are very overpowering)

at the end of the day a decent set of components up front and a sub is all you need

always ditch the 6x9s

you could try a couple of 6" subs, they would create plenty of mid range from the rear, without having the treble, other than that, just run your front speakers

IMHO you cant do any better than a sub in the rear

if your trying to create a better soundstage then why put mid bass in the rear?

totally agree with a front set up and sub but the idea is to blend the whole system into one image, your sub should roll off at the right frequecy so that the bass is non directional. you should not be able to tell where any of your speaker placement,

obvioulsy this is very hard to do but can be acheived

im sure colin would agree with me

Tom

as i have stated above front comps and sub in rear (i have no rear speakers in my car)

obviously there is far more involved in creating a perfect sound stage, to be taken into account you have to look at time correction, direction and placement of speakers, fiddle around with all frequencies as there is no one perfect setting

ideally speaking, you want the fronts to be aiming just at a point, centrally located, just behind your head,

remember, its all how it sounds to you the driver, not the passengers

^^^???^^^ - captain_clio ???

Also if you want to slightly improve your sound staging A.G.P.16vSport you could add an in line trebble filter on the wires for your 6*9s but it wont do a huge amount but will improve it

well if your smart enough you could use a headunit with the time correction facility and store two curves say on a alpine, then when your in the car on your own then u use one preset but when u have passengers you can use the other preset and so fourth

easy,

and you dont need time correction to make a stereo image sound good?

Tom