ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Isle of Man Write-up! (56k, Please dont even open this...)

Well, what a weekend...:D The other threads have given you some of the idea of what happened, I thought id do a little (well big, lol) write up with my some of my pics :) Took near 500 in all, and over 6 hours in video, ive narrowed it down to around 150...The video is a long way off yet...

- Friday -

We all met in Warrington, expecting to go to Liverpool for the ferry, but Sarah phoned from IOM and told us that it had been cancelled, so we phoned Steam Packet, and were told we had to go to Heysham and get a ferry at 2pm.

IMG_0017.gif

IMG_0018.gif

IMG_0019.gif

IMG_0020.gif

Well Prepared ;)

IMG_0023.gif

Headed up the M6 to Heysham, and hung around for some time!

IMG_0032.gif

IMG_0034.gif

IMG_0035.gif

IMG_0036.gif

The ferry was a very, very rough crossing, alot of people being sick lol! We got to Douglas at around half 6, Sarah met us at the docks, and we went up to the campsite to setup the tents in the dark, lol. Unfortunately Ollie, Clare, Jams and Dean didnt get on the ferry, Steam Packet are sh*te, but they hung around and managed to get one at 2am, getting to the Isle of Man for around 6am on Saturday morning.

- Saturday -

After a very cold nights sleep, we all were woken early by the b*stard hens at the campsite, we then followed Sarah back to hers for breakfast :) After this Sarah took us for a lap of the TT Circuit, stopping off at the museum.

IMG_0039.gif

IMG_0042.gif

IMG_0043.gif

IMG_0047.gif

IMG_0048.gif

IMG_0057.gif

IMG_0062.gif

IMG_0064.gif

IMG_0065.gif

IMG_0069.gif

IMG_0071.gif

We then went to see a stage of the forest rally for a few hours, few good cars, plenty of pics taken :)

IMG_0074.gif

IMG_0078.gif

IMG_0079.gif

IMG_0082.gif

IMG_0084.gif

Watch out kids...Nicks around...

IMG_0085.gif

IMG_0088.gif

IMG_0090.gif

IMG_0093.gif

IMG_0103.gif

IMG_0112.gif

Then, a car goes past, and its exhaust comes off... 'Safety Man' to the rescue, the people who went know what this was, FLOL

IMG_0106.gif

IMG_0107.gif

He was useless, Ollie to the rescue...

IMG_0109.gif

We then headed back to the camp for a bit of a chill out...

IMG_0117.gif

IMG_0119.gif

IMG_0122.gif

IMG_0123.gif

IMG_0125.gif

IMG_0128.gif

IMG_0131.gif

IMG_0134.gif

Jams trying to install his "12 Volt Supercharger"...

IMG_0121.gif

That was it for Saturday really, headed back to Sarahs for showers and to get changed...Then headed out into Douglas for an, erm, eventful night lol!

- Sunday -

Sunday morning everyone was a bit rough from the night before, so we all headed to Sarahs place for breakfast again...Then we planned to go and see the other bits of the island :)

First was Peel Seafront...

IMG_0138.gif

IMG_0141.gif

IMG_0143.gif

IMG_0145.gif

Then down the road to the IOM Waterfall (Dave named it), pretty steep drop!

IMG_0148.gif

IMG_0150.gif

IMG_0153.gif

IMG_0156.gif

Back on the road, pulled in on the way towards Port Erin / Port St Mary...

IMG_0160.gif

IMG_0165.gif

IMG_0167.gif

Then onto the most southern point, the Calf of Man...

IMG_0005.gif

IMG_0006.gif

By this time, everyone wanted some food, so we began heading back to Douglas... We also stopped off in Castletown on the way... I got stuck on some rocks on the way down to the end of the point, eventually got there though :)

IMG_0008.gif

IMG_0011.gif

IMG_0012.gif

IMG_0013.gif

IMG_0016.gif

IMG_0017a.gif

IMG_0018a.gif

IMG_0019a.gif

IMG_0021.gif

IMG_0022.gif

We then headed back to Douglas to grab some food, and watch the first half of the Manchester Utd v Liverpool game. After this, we headed up the other side of the island, towards The Great Laxey Wheel...

IMG_0034a.gif

IMG_0033.gif

IMG_0036a.gif

IMG_0039a.gif

IMG_0027.gif

IMG_0040.gif

IMG_0041.gif

Then headed up towards Ramsey, ending up at the Point of Ayre...

IMG_0044.gif

IMG_0045.gif

IMG_0052.gif

IMG_0056.gif

IMG_0059.gif

IMG_0064a.gif

IMG_0066.gif

Can see the snow on top of the Pennines from here...

IMG_0071a.gif

IMG_0094.gif

IMG_0092.gif

IMG_0095.gif

IMG_0098.gif

IMG_0101.gif

This is where the fun started, I said, Jams, you're car is a 4x4, why dont you take it down that dirt track...so off he went, jumped into his car, and down the track...Until we see him stop, and Matt get out...Everyone ran down do find him stuck after a failed attempt at jumping a ramp, LOL

IMG_0074a.gif

IMG_0076.gif

IMG_0080.gif

IMG_0086.gif

IMG_0087.gif

After getting him off there, and taking a few more pics, Matt suggested Jams should try and drive onto the pebble beach, LOL... Needless to say, he got stuck. You can see everyone running down from the car park...lol...

IMG_0107a.gif

IMG_0112a.gif

IMG_0113.gif

After getting him out, we headed back towards Douglas down the TT course, stopping off at the Creg Ny Baa pub.

IMG_0122a.gif

Ollie's brakes were cooking, but Nick wanted another go, so off he went! 10 Minutes later, he was back...

IMG_0123a.gif

We then headed back to the campsite, built a fire, toasted some marshmellows and ordered pizza's, oh and plenty of banter as usual...

IMG_0129.gif

IMG_0133.gif

- Monday -

Monday came and we all got up early as we wanted some more runs on the TT Circuit, so we packed all the tents away, and headed to McDonalds for breakfast. After this, we headed down to the start of the circuit...

IMG_0141a.gif

IMG_0147.gif

IMG_0148a.gif

IMG_0149.gif

IMG_0201.gif

After this, the group split, half of us went for a drive round the TT course at a slowish pace, Me, Jams and Matt in the ClioTT... As it just couldnt handle the roads at all. The rest went for a blast properly round the course. This gave us the chance to get some last decent photos...Some of the views are just stunning.

This was overlooking and on Laxey Bay...

IMG_0153a.gif

IMG_0154.gif

IMG_0156a.gif

IMG_0163.gif

IMG_0166.gif

IMG_0171.gif

IMG_0172.gif

Then we headed upto Ramsey Seafront...

IMG_0174.gif

IMG_0176.gif

We then headed back up the TT course, stopped at The Hairpin...

IMG_0181.gif

IMG_0186.gif

IMG_0187.gif

Further up the course...

IMG_0189.gif

Stopped near the museum again, looking up the hill...

IMG_0191.gif

IMG_0196.gif

We had decided to meet back at the Sea Terminal, so back past the TT start...

IMG_0203.gif

Back at the Sea Terminal, we had a game of football on the car park, it all ended in tears when Dave kicked the ball over the wall into the sea, LOL....Jams's pictures will show that one ;)

IMG_0204.gif

IMG_0206.gif

IMG_0207.gif

After hanging round for a while, and a bit of a mix up with the Police, LOL, we were waiting to get onto the boat :)

IMG_0210.gif

Finally everything was loaded, and we were leaving... Quick view from the ferry...

IMG_0213.gif

Leaving the docks...

IMG_0216.gif

IMG_0217.gif

Bye Bye Isle of Man :( ...

IMG_0223.gif

IMG_0228.gif

One last view...

IMG_0229.gif

And that was it! An absolutely awesome weekend! Ive got about of 6 hours of video to edit now lol, which should make good viewing when done.

Just once again, Thanks to everyone who came, just made the weekend what it was :) Especially to Ollie, Clare, Jams and Dean for waiting behind for the next boat, dedication. Also a huge thanks to Sarah and Ollie for letting us use their flat for showers and changing, and also providing us with breakfast :) Fantastic :D

Watch this space for the video! :)

R56 JCW
Absolute Amazing trip, one to remember!!!

Missing it already, especially the TT course, banter, Matt being a legend!!!

should me broadband dont open this!!!
such a photo wh*re, ud faint if i lost that cam lol
cool pics j:)

M

mini-valver

Awesome write up mate. Can't wait to go again, just looking at the roads makes me grin, lol!

wait and see ;)
extremely good weekend... thanks ever so much 2 sarah and ollie 4 letting everyone use their house... and if the video is as good as the trip wus it will b awesom:)

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Good stuff Jord!! The Jams 4x4 expeditions were especially comical.

Oh and the Matt Meets Beer dramas...hehe

Hyundai i40
great write up jord......uve catured the island well.....and uve only covered about 10% of roads!!!lol........next 10% next time hun

fantastic weekend, cant wait till next time

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Epic effort with the write up lad! Looking forward to the video footage.

Glad to hear you all had a good time.

looks like an ace trip guys! Really missed out on this one :(

Hopefully will be at the next one... might see if Bigoor wants to come aswell :approve:

*Waits Impaitently for VIDS!*

wait and see ;)
What happened with the police?

Looks like an amazing trip!! Would love to come next time!!
well matt (not normal developments) got a lil bit drunk and had a warning.. then they turned all nice and h
ad his photo taken with them lol

you idiot danny, the police were mentioned at the end. i was referring to the docks, when the woman from the campsite thought we had run off without paying....

wait and see ;)
haha sorry my bad still tired... and yes the woman thought we had run off even though she clearly said we could give the money to sarah or post it through the leter box then she accuses os of running off

good good :) looked bloody fun. What is the TT circuit? is it a road anyone can drive on, or you have to pay a price? speedlimits? One way?

Family Bus
Wow! Looks brilliant!! Should be more efforts to do things like that across the country!!! Good effort!! :D

Mk1 Eunos Roadster
Obviously you've already confirmed this but I was thinking as I was looking through the images - someone likes the 10mm end of their lens! ;) hehe

Looks like a lot of fun, kudos for actually doing it. Thar be too much talk afoot with this kind of thing usually.

Looking forward to the vid :)