ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Isle of Man Write-up! (56k, Please dont even open this...)

M

mini-valver

Awesome! Lol @ you toeing up behind the poorly Rallye........Ave it!!!

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
I particulary like the bit at the beginning just after the hairpin when the the rump of my car rapidly disappears up the hill.....hehe

M

mini-valver

I knew you'd say that Ollie ;) Does pull well up it though TBF!!!

Fell in love with your seats too :eek:

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Nice vid. Didn't get a mic sorted then? Needs more d4f/prospeed/decat content!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Crackin pics...Dare i say it...Crap turnout!! :( Great shame as it looks like alot of effort was put into it

Hyundai i40
Crackin pics...Dare i say it...Crap turnout!! :( Great shame as it looks like alot of effort was put into it

wtf....crap turn out.....it was just right and excellent weekend or is it just the fact theres no vees!:eek:

M

mini-valver

Dude, there was 7 cars constantly and 3 others joined for a couple of drives. 9 cars and 20 odd people is plenty when you consider its the first one!

Turn up next time then you haggis muncher ;)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

wtf....crap turn out.....it was just right and excellent weekend or is it just the fact theres no vees!:eek:

Dude, there was 7 cars constantly and 3 others joined for a couple of drives. 9 cars and 20 odd people is plenty when you consider its the first one!

Lads, i'm no knockin it...But considering how good it looked, lots of organisation involved...I would of hoped for more cars!!!! under 10cars! :S Sorry but imo thats poor. We had 24 for long west coast run, over 35people iirc...

Sorry, not dissin, i would of loved to come!

WTF you on about No vee's??! I dont get that? :S

Lads, i'm no knockin it...But considering how good it looked, lots of organisation involved...I would of hoped for more cars!!!! under 10cars! :S Sorry but imo thats poor. We had 24 for long west coast run, over 35people iirc...

How much was it for the long west coast run Ali?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

What does money have to do with it?

ladies ladies, keep the s*it out of the thread.........everyones entitled to their own opinion and nattering on about little details is just a waste of time!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
TBH Ali STFU!!

In english?

No sure why you's are getting so arsey, i'm simply sayin its a shame more folk didn't go!

I get the impression that most of the lot down south would rather just meet in carparks and thats it?!! And that impression was confirmed by alot of you lot too!

What does money have to do with it?

ali do us a favour pal.....shut up

we all had a great time simple as, the number of people was sound....everything about the trip was amence end of

this thread is for us to show people what a great time we all had, not a head/car count:)

Hyundai i40

how big you think the iom is, no way cud u seriously get more that 15 cars together in convoy and still be safe.

The road that that film is of is one of the 'big' main roads on the island.

it was planned ages ago, and you cud have come along ali, but many people were put off by the price of the boat, but as every has sed well worth it

R56 JCW
Dont think the ferry has big enough doors for Ali's head

Your more to come on the next one Ali, but dont come onto this thread saying its not this, its not that etc....

M

mini-valver

Was gonna say, It's all down to the people that DIDN'T turn up, not how many did. There's 25,000 members, 18 of us made the effort.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Dont think the ferry has big enough doors for Ali's head

Your more to come on the next one Ali, but dont come onto this thread saying its not this, its not that etc....

FFS mate get a grip!

I complemented the run, the organisation, the pics!!! CHRIST sake!

:rolleyes:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Was gonna say, It's all down to the people that DIDN'T turn up, not how many did. There's 25,000 members, 18 of us made the effort.

A sensble post! Thats what i'm getting at! Good effort for all those that went! Would of loved to see the track! But for people not to make the effort on a trip like this is a great shame!!

Hyundai i40

A sensble post! Thats what i'm getting at! Good effort for all those that went! Would of loved to see the track! But for people not to make the effort on a trip like this is a great shame!!

yeah it was a great turn out and like i sed, anymore wud have made it unsafe on the roads over here as there so small. didnt even cover a 1/4 of the roads, mainly kept on the main roads

M

mini-valver

I know what you're getting at mate. At the same time though any bigger group than maybe 10-12 cars and it'd be impossible. Some of the roads are really thin, towns are busy and the car parks accomodate about 30 cars, lol.

The next one IMO needs 2 lead drivers, 2 groups. Sarah and her fella did an amazing job with the group we had and I'm sure this'll go down as one of the best CS trips yet.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I know what you're getting at mate. At the same time though any bigger group than maybe 10-12 cars and it'd be impossible. Some of the roads are really thin, towns are busy and the car parks accomodate about 30 cars, lol.

The next one IMO needs 2 lead drivers, 2 groups. Sarah and her fella did an amazing job with the group we had and I'm sure this'll go down as one of the best CS trips yet.

I agree! :approve: Good to have local knowledge.

I plead naivety when it comes to the Isle of Man...No idea about the roads...So i would of assumed it could deal with more cars! Hell they take big Lorrys over there with motorbikes? Hence the assumption!

Hyundai i40

yeah totally agree with that dave. i was holding ollie back all the time as i wasnt letting him push it as he knows the roads really well and the corners are as much down to getting them in the right gear and braking at the right time!!! lol
all you lot didnt know it so i was seeing people sliding off the edge in my mind but u were all reet!!!:)

Hyundai i40

I agree! :approve: Good to have local knowledge.

I plead naivety when it comes to the Isle of Man...No idea about the roads...So i would of assumed it could deal with more cars! Hell they take big Lorrys over there with motorbikes? Hence the assumption!

Ali, the roads are no bigger than little A roads, no motorways or dual carriageways. most of the roads are the equaliant to B roads accross. but they are fanstastic, and good fun to drive on in a hot hatch.

The tt course the roads are great due to bike etc but all the rest are hard work if you dont really know them.

also the roads are busy as the population has increased and they aint really dont alot to accomidate for more traffic.

the trucks that the bikes come over tend to get off the boat and drive straight up to the grandstand which is still in the main city with quiet big roads on

M

mini-valver

They could handle more cars but not if no-one knows where they are going, the towns are so small, makes the roads really tight and its easy to get lost.

Come along in july lad, be a good craic.

clio 182 black /gold

Maybe the Vee's struggled getting on the boat? Which ferry was it to west coast? Maybe people was skint for the ferry and camping?

H.Maxim

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FF
Great pics, looks like you lot had a reet good time, i'd be up for coming next time if only i could keep up.:eek:

Mercedes C Class Sport
To be fair, Ali's only made a comment with his opinion and hes not having a go about the trip...everyone who went seems to have got touchy..Looks like there were some epic driving roads and a good turnout in my opinion.