ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Two from yesterday morning.
31599011344_b0df05b765_c.jpg
5 minutes of sunlight
by Aaron Crowe, on Flickr

32402300336_415536f1f7_c.jpg
Broken
by Aaron Crowe, on Flickr

And another (Facebook "quality")

FB_IMG_1485112469165.jpg

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Click the share button - The little arrow to the right of the picture (presuming you are in a browser and not the shitty app)

Click the BB code and then select the size you want to display - I tend to go for 800 width on here

Copy the code into this textbox and hit reply.

Done.

Skoda Fabia VRS
Me and the Girlfriend ventured up Pen Y Fan this morning, incredible route. Just a shame the weather was so bad up top as the views would've been outstanding.

32448919721_4995b4dc62_z.jpg

32571371375_17fdfaaaab_z.jpg

32571335585_3d8068d7e3_z.jpg

31727639824_7067ac0328_z.jpg

32448859891_775caf8ddb_z.jpg

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Saw a post on fstoppers.com about how to lightpaint cars with the (imo) overly expensive Westcott Icelight and was quite impressed. So I built myself a softbox with cardboard and paper for my LED Lenser P7R and wanted to see whether I can still achieve a good result with this cheap setup. Think it turned out quite well.

25272415046_20eee8e338_b.jpg
Clio 200T by N.Oberson, auf Flickr

Fantastic pic!

When you say softbox and materials, what do you mean? Have you got any pics?

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Nice updates Aaron, some properly nice photos. Just noticed you shoot with the 24-105 L, what's it like? I'm really tempted to treat myself to one.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Nice updates Aaron, some properly nice photos. Just noticed you shoot with the 24-105 L, what's it like? I'm really tempted to treat myself to one.

Cheers, Ben..
It's a decent all round lens tbh especially on the full frame 6d. If I had a crop sensor I'd probably go something a bit wider like the 17-40 f4L but would obviously be sacrificing the zoom range.
I don't use it for much of my night photography as I also use the Samyang 14mm 2.8 and now the Sigma 50mm 1.4 (used to use the Canon 50mm 1.8) but as a day to day lens it's good.

Reactions: Ben

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers, Ben..
It's a decent all round lens tbh especially on the full frame 6d. If I had a crop sensor I'd probably go something a bit wider like the 17-40 f4L but would obviously be sacrificing the zoom range.
I don't use it for much of my night photography as I also use the Samyang 14mm 2.8 and now the Sigma 50mm 1.4 (used to use the Canon 50mm 1.8) but as a day to day lens it's good.

I've got a 7D so I'm wondering if the 24-105 is a good choice, I've looked online and people seem to say they go well together. I have a max budget of £400 though so it would have to be second hand.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I've got a 7D so I'm wondering if the 24-105 is a good choice, I've looked online and people seem to say they go well together. I have a max budget of £400 though so it would have to be second hand.
Are there any local camera shops that you could try one at, or maybe from lens for hire to see if the focal length will suit?
If you're happy with the focal length you'd get then I'd say get the lens, and it'll be ready if you ever upgrade to full frame.