ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

Mmmm xe1!

Harry are you getting rid of any sony gear?

Yep, all of it. a77/16-50 2.8 and the Tamron 90mm Macro are on eBay, 50mm 1.4 and 100-300mm f4 have already gone. Really liked it but missed smaller kit, I've already taken the X-E1 on more random trips than the a77, feel very at home with it so hopefully I've settled on a system now.

I've bought the 14mm f2.8, 35mm 1.4 and 60mm 2.4 Macro. I'm torn between an X100s or 18-55/55-200 combo for the X-E1 with the remainder of my budget.

Yes the fuji system is stunning, I do love its retro looks and of course you still get the same great EVF.

I'll pass if they are on ebay as its stupid money! I sold My A65 for £450 and then bought an A77 for £500 elsewhere!

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Yep, all of it. a77/16-50 2.8 and the Tamron 90mm Macro are on eBay, 50mm 1.4 and 100-300mm f4 have already gone. Really liked it but missed smaller kit, I've already taken the X-E1 on more random trips than the a77, feel very at home with it so hopefully I've settled on a system now.

I've bought the 14mm f2.8, 35mm 1.4 and 60mm 2.4 Macro. I'm torn between an X100s or 18-55/55-200 combo for the X-E1 with the remainder of my budget.

You don’t half go through some gear within weeks :p

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
A couple from liverpool yesterday-

8905171994_dfc9c7c2bd_z.jpg

Princess Dock-Liverpool by Niall97, on Flickr

8905180566_3e682f17ef_z.jpg

Liverpool Skyline by Niall97, on Flickr

You don’t half go through some gear within weeks :p

Panasonic, Olympus, Sony and Fuji this year :) I've been on very reduced hours at work since October due to my health, so had far too much time on my hands to think about these things, back to full-time next as of next week so need to settle on a system and I think the Fuji is it. Financially not too bad though, I've bought most of it used and usually get back at least what I've paid for it, the a77 will be the only loss this time, I'm up on the lenses so far.

The best bit about Fuji is the excellent but very small range of lenses, should keep the spending under control as there is a limit to what I can buy.

LY 182 FF CUPPED
Debating whether to set up a dedicated "X100/X USERS" thread, as I know a few of us are now using variants of?.......

Some more recent images with mine.

9upaja5e.jpg

te5u5yvu.jpg

tyty5ebe.jpg

uhaqusy3.jpg

bu6uhyte.jpg

aduduhup.jpg

Gorgeous shots, I'm trying to track down an X100s to compliment my X-E1, but they don't seem to exist! Can't find one anywhere.

LY 182 FF CUPPED
Hmm it's very minimal WA wise, it's pin sharp and balances the camera well. I leave it on all the time, however the only downside is that sometimes you want the x100 because its so small and you can stash it away in a pocket etc.....with the WA lens you're back to square one, especially with a lens hood attached too.
You do get slight distortion on verticals and but get used to the look very early on, the resolution is that good that I can just crop in if needed in post edit.
I really like it.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
That does look like a lovely camera! Really nice images from it too.

Will have to stick with my Canon for a while I think. One from the weekend.

Welsh+Highland+Steam.jpg

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
The steam train shot made explore yesterday, not sure what number though, was just told on some comments.

Took this yesterday at "the office", pretty much the same out here today. Fishing rods at the ready!

8934659743_cc745fc6d5_c.jpg

Another day by A_Cro, on Flickr

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Playing around with cross processing, thought I'd give an old picture a re-edit:

8985424921_e42b9e129b_c.jpg

Cupra
Luke - Nice shot!
Yanoo - stick more on your Flickr. You've got some interesting stuff.
UKASKEW - love the plain background you've created with the panning!
DJW - sharp and nicely exposed. Keep snapping!

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
That shot would have looked great at f1.8, John. If it makes it easier for you put the camera in aperture priority at f1.8 and let the camera expose the image for you :)