ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The JDM Appreciation Thread...

172 Cup, 1.2 Grande
Some cool cars in here. I drive EP3 at min and i tell ya what jap crap is way forward in the next 2 years i wanna be an owner of a S15 or a EVO VIII

top of the pyramid
proper JDM

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ox2wgHqrNy0&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ox2wgHqrNy0&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
4 rotor p port :D its the tickover that sounds the best with the overlap brap brap brap brap :D

here is mad mikes rx7 with a 4 rotor lump in it... sounds pretty much the same as the 767 lol! the tick over is again the best part!

[youtube]S0pm0nlIYLs[/youtube]

Turbos.
From what i've found out so far, it has to be the best engine going! If i have a good year i'm going to have to get one.

I love this little clip...

[YOUTUBE]84hzAu79UtE[/YOUTUBE]

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
WHAT?! YOUR GONNA GET A 26b?!

if you do i will come and cum all over your face lol!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
lol i wasnt being serious lol! but still 26b = god like...

tonight i improved my hero status by driving the rx7 in the snow... not as much fun as i thought it would be lol! saying that one thing that did make me happy a range and a white van thought i wasnt going quick enough so decided to overtake and race off... 2 corners later, range and the van in a ditch range went in first and the van rammed it up the ass lol! i slowed to a stop, opened the window and gave a HA HA (nelson style)

i need to get me something 4wd for the winters lol! trying to convince my parents to get a range sport!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
4-Rotor is pretty much the best engine note ever.

Race Hako's follow close after.

Best vid to hear the idle...

[youtube]9675TKafw3g[/youtube]

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
hnmmmm i love the sound of overlap on rotary engines, sound like that when you go biiiig ports, can get a bit of overlap from a street port but mainly from bridge or peripheral ported engines, only prob with porting that big the engines wear pretty quick... and if you port too close to the tollerences the corner seals can fall out lol!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Steet porting is smoothing, Bridge porting is an extra port further up, and peripheral is basically a hole in the side of the rotor housing, right?

I've heard a bridge-ported FD and that sounded lumpy enough in person... PP must be mental.

My favourite PP video, bar the 787B...

[youtube]xbKtHL06xmQ[/youtube]

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
lol thats ticking over at like 3k rpm!

street port is taking the stock ports and opening them up... making longer, they are already smooth inside really...
big-street-vs-stock.jpg

big-street-overlay.jpg

bridge port gives an extra port next to the main port...
glenn-bridge-top.jpg

streetbridge-vs-stock.jpg

bridge next to a stock port in this pic...

then you have monster port or J port this is the secondary port extended even more... it actually goes under the housing and close to the water jacket and seals... gives no vacume on idle and supposedly is a complete c**t to drive around town lol

periphial is a whoooole different game, you need to take the housings (other porting is done on the plates) cut a f**k off big hole, fit a round runner in it, weld it up and cut and weld a new water jacket lol...
PPort2.jpg

DSCF0573.jpg

you need to run new inlet mani and everything on it... its biiiig bucks for a pport

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Cool stuff, yeah I thought I was about right.

Rotaries are awesome. Pity the cars they've fitted to them of late, aren't.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
a pport is safer to run than a monster port as the monster or j port tend to crack in to the water jackets meaning shagged engine... but p ports were banned in racing so the monster and j port were made... they dont last long and you need 1 piece apex seals etc otherwise they fall out...

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Cool stuff, yeah I thought I was about right.

Rotaries are awesome. Pity the cars they've fitted to them of late, aren't.

you see mazda are making a new rx7... was gonna be a rx9 but they went back to the 7 name, its going to be rotary and turbo rwd but one cool thing its being designed to run either petrol or hydrogen out of the box!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Yeah, still a concept though, right? Design cues from that Arai (sp?) thing.

Edit: Furai. Cool name.

yes supposedly the engine is a go though, but the car is supposed to be confirmed but final design isnt... still gonna be amazing!

i have read that not really anything is different in the engine to run on hydrogen and the power is still very good! could be an option for people to switch to hydrogen easy :D

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
That's awesome. How delicate does it look next to the GT-R?!

I've seen that location for the turbo before, but never seen it carpeted! LOL.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
yellow first one is mint! turbo in the boot looks scary lol!

and dont like the skirts on the silver one :(

Qashcow
i dont think its in a jap car, its might even be french, but isnt there something a bit mental that has the turbo setup in the passenger footwell? might even be a BMW saying that?!?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
americans do it alot its called remote turbo settup... allot of the big yank tanks (mainly the newer cars) do it that way, alot of the suv's do it too...

Turbos.
Turbo's in the boot of the NSX are quite common. Perhaps it is to manage heat, because they can fit in the engine bay. Maybe not one that big though!

You can get a much better manifold design by going through the boot, thats for sure.

M135i
Thanks for the NSX pics.

Gorgeous.

Don't suppose there is a build thread or similar on the web for that red NSX that I can waste an hour pouring through?