ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The JDM Appreciation Thread...

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Someone help me find some rims for my Mk2 MX5!!! Neeed something epic, must be 15x7-8" and fit fairly flush without spacers (so need to be ET20s) WITHOUT over fenders. Prices need to be realistic, if I were rich I'd just go buy a set of Work Meisters, but I'm not. :(

All suggestions welcome or I may have to stray to Rotas :(

There's £10 in it for anyone who finds the wheels I buy. :cool:

3nb3m23ld5V55Z45P4abkd55142403700121d.jpg

these £350 will fit your mx5 and have manly fitment!

or these

random046.jpg

bbs £800 with rubber

or

DSC00499-1.jpg

te37's £700 but 14"

The Axis on Whores look pretty sweet, but do look a little like copies of some sort of Equips iirc.

Good shout Malice but XXRs are out, basically Wat copies and supposed to be unreliable build quality or so I've heard.

BBSs are not really my thing and at that price I could get something a lot more epic.

Again the TE37s are sweet, but they're gonna need adaptors to fit by which time they're gonna be about ET-10000000 lol

But thanks guys, keep em coming. :cool:

Integra Type-R DC2
I have absolutely nothing against them, however prepare to get flamed by the other 99% of people in here for suggesting Rota's.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
they are bigger than 15's lol and also just a copy of te37's if you go for something that looks like that wheel you cant go as small as 15's as they look tiny, stick a set of 17's in te37's on a mx5 and it works, stick 15" te37's and it looks wrong and undersized...

if you go something like work equips in even a 14 they look good on a mx5 and would look better than 15"te37's as they look to fit better...

you need to decide what you want if you want dish i would look at 14-15" wheels, they look good stretched and cambered on a mx5... if you want something like a te37 or a grid drift or work xd9 or meisters etc you need to go to a 17 atleast.

I'm looking for dish really malice. These are 16s and work, 1" smaller can't make that much difference surely?

dd17_090.jpg

Rota Europe aren't doing the Grid V in 15x8 ET20 like they are in other places, we only get the ET0 so flaring will be required. Like they do a 15x7 ET0 everywhere else but not here.

Last edited:

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
finding some meisters or i think they are ssr prof's in 16's would be hard in the uk well anywhere lol, the rears look like 17's though, they look bigger than the fronts.... but might just be the pic...

i think there are better wheels than a set of prof's for a mx5... if you want dish i would try get some deep bbs lm's lol... but u said not your type so that makes it hard! i would love a mrk 1 mx5 and some Hayashi Sakura's just for the pimpness... but finding a good set will be near on impossible unless you would import from japan... and even then a set that doesnt need refurb is hard...

sakuras.jpg

the pimpest rim ever! especially on a mx5 or ae86!

Homo spec mazda
I want a set of SSR mk3's but finding some in the UK is proving tough, 15x8 ET0 Should fit with just rolling the arches, thats what sportmaxx are and everyone manages to run them on standard arches

Homo spec mazda
Atm im mega struggling with where i want my front plate, its gay that I have to have one, but when i get the paint work sorted il need to choose, at the moment im feeling just a simple Jap plate in the middle, but not too sure :(

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
wow the turbo on that s2k is huge. what sort of power is it putting out marcR?

Its Not a turbo mate, Its a Supercharger kit and its 400+ bhp.

The guy is a young guy and owns a company called Privateimports and he brings cars to the UK, When this came to the UK it was a standard Jap Import and he has done all the modds