ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The JDM Appreciation Thread...

Turbos.
Nice one Nick! Which i could afford a PS3 at the moment, particularly as my HDMI cable seems to have stopped working on the Xbox. Its like playing on a SNES!

Swift Sport
Ah, the video to match my desktop picture lol.

Great video, would have liked to hear the engine soundtrack as well as the music.

Complete with some JDM snow on xmas day. Guy who owns it has replacement stickers on the way and is waiting for his Volks CE's to come back from being coated Takata green.

DSC_0694.gif

DSC_0688.gif

DSC_0796.gif

DSC_0829.gif

DSC_0823.gif

DSC_0821.gif

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
awesome pics liner vids awesome, dodging shite road in the vid brings back memories of summer

That's because it's in Japan still lol. I'll update it as he mods it, the guy has a few plans for it he's just fitted a cage and there will be other mods although IIRC most will be chassis/handling related rather than big power mods.

Turbos.
Longitudinal layout is so weight is closer to the middle of the car. Being mid-engined, it is of benefit to the handling if a big engine isn't throwing its weight from side to side as you corner. It is however very difficult to package that kind of layout, which is why it tends to be restricted to Ferraris and the like. Also, something like a V12 Lambo or V12 Aston would have to be longitudinal as it wouldn't fit in sideways!

The NSX has a dry sump which means the engine can be lowered, giving a better CoG.