ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The JDM Appreciation Thread...

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Yup no ones ever replicated the 0 - 60 times that was quoted.

Most people on ek9.org have reported low 6's

Turbos.
Isn't that because the 5.7 time was not from a normal Type R, wasn't it a stripped out special or something? Remember reading it somewhere...

Yeah track spec stripped EK9 - Race Base comes with no ABS, no aerial, no airbags, no Red Recaro interior, no electric windows and no sound deadening and on steelies.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
To 60, I think you'll find it is.

EKAYNINE.

DC5 is marginally faster to 60 than an ek9, the ek9's 0-60 time which is always touted about of 5.7s is an urban myth. ek9's and dc2's are similar, again the dc2 is marginally quicker, as the b16 has even less torque than the b18. The ek9 does seem to be regarded as being the better handling though. So the ideal combo' is an ek9 with a b18 or k20!

Indeed.

Spoon EK20... best of both. :evil:

[YOUTUBE]Ny3NqpPm2j0[/YOUTUBE]

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
And yes, the mythical 5.7secs was the Race Base car.

Pre-facelift cars and facelift Type R's/Rx's are low 6's

115 lb ft of torque though... and at 7500rpm. LOL

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
DC5 is marginally faster to 60 than an ek9, the ek9's 0-60 time which is always touted about of 5.7s is an urban myth. ek9's and dc2's are similar, again the dc2 is marginally quicker, as the b16 has even less torque than the b18. The ek9 does seem to be regarded as being the better handling though. So the ideal combo' is an ek9 with a b18 or k20!

Indeed.

Spoon EK20... best of both. :evil:

[YOUTUBE]Ny3NqpPm2j0[/YOUTUBE]

loving the vid

Turbos.
Love this MX5...

tuck007-1.jpg

tuck015.jpg

tuck008.jpg

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
That is a bit of a beast!

115 lb ft of torque though... and at 7500rpm. LOL

That does seem to be the main issue with ek9's, in standard form they have to be worked a lot harder than the dc's to get the most out of the engine.

Too right... 40lb/ft down on the B18C in the DC2.

A cheaper swap than the K20 in that Spoon car is to just throw the DC2's B18C in there as you can retain the same 'box, driveshafts etc

There's a B16'd EK9 Civic on Pistonheads at the moment which sounds rapid. It's Cat C though. :dapprove:

Fiat Coupe 20vt
Too right... 40lb/ft down on the B18C in the DC2.

A cheaper swap than the K20 in that Spoon car is to just throw the DC2's B18C in there as you can retain the same 'box, driveshafts etc

There's a B16'd EK9 Civic on Pistonheads at the moment which sounds rapid. It's Cat C though. :dapprove:

Putting the B18 in does seem to be reasonably popular, few people on itr-dc2.com have/have had ek9's with b18's. I wouldn't mind driving one back to back with my Teg to see how they compare with the same engine.

Have you seen this on pistonheads;

653735-1.jpg

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/653735.htm

Fairly stripped out!

I think that cat c ek9 is owned by a chap on itr-dc2, certainly does look like a bit of an animal with the spec it's got!

Last edited:

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I've enquired about most of the EK9's on there TBH... except that one and a few others. ;)

It is awesome, but i couldn't exactly take my Nan to the hospital in it, could i? lol It'd be my only car, sadly

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Also there's a fella in the U.S with a 660whp EK... running the JDM B18C and the largest turbo you'll ever seen on a Civic!

It's on YouTube... search for 660whp EK

Fiat Coupe 20vt
It is awesome, but i couldn't exactly take my Nan to the hospital in it, could i? lol It'd be my only car, sadly

Lol, i'll concede that, probably wouldn't be the best vehicle for such an activity!

[YOUTUBE]zn4K2yowg3Y[/YOUTUBE]

That is frankly immense!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
This is before he went for 660whp... in slightly lower tune.

Still 480whp though! Check the size of that front-mount too...

Love the video editing too.

[youtube]WeFkSHEiKe4[/youtube]

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
there are 10sec and lower civics in usa and oz, they are mental when u see vids of them, massive hoosier rubber on the front and it just spins the entire 1/4 mile...

M

mini-valver

There's a guy on here who has a DC5 and his brother has a EK9, he reckons the EK9 is quicker to 60. Stats can eat my ass TBH.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
im thinking its time to sell my 200... looking at getting a supra tt .... i want something bigger and more comfy... its not much bigger... but i wanna get a aero top one... so hnmmm dunno... its that or a m3 i thinks... but dont wanna move away from japcrap

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
You bought your Jap Crap yet kid ? ;)

I think i've found the one... :evil:

im thinking its time to sell my 200... looking at getting a supra tt .... i want something bigger and more comfy... its not much bigger... but i wanna get a aero top one... so hnmmm dunno... its that or a m3 i thinks... but dont wanna move away from japcrap

Do it, i fcuking love Supras. You can pick up an RZ for reletive peanuts nowadays, concidering what you get!

Please don't get an auto though... hold out for a manual.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
117 Db's...... You wouldn't be allowed on many Tracks with that Exhaust.... Police would probably pull you over for having such a loud exhaust aswell

Aye, but it sounds sweet.

No Doubt about it...... There is a DC5 in Norwich which has possibly the Nicest Exhaust Note I have ever Heard and that is loud as Fook also :D