ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The JDM Appreciation Thread...

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
J's Racing exhausts pwn.

A little on the loud side though!

IIRC, even with the optional bung in the can, they're still over 100db!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
tbh i was thinking about an auto lol, they are actually really good auto's and you can still shift in them... there is a little gizmo you can get which allows you to paddel shift in it too...

plus the auto box's can take STUPID power...

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Aye, they are the stronger of the two 'boxes... but really.

I've seen the actuator mod too... but it's still a bit of a slusher.

M

mini-valver

Auto's should be reserved for people with 1 leg, otherwise, you're just being f**king idle.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
My dad's mate has a Supra TT, no mods completely standard, but fcuk me its fast!

Shame he doesn't give 2 s*its about cars and its visually a wreck.

A silver Honda
FEED_Mazda_RX7_003.jpg
Not sure about the funky arches but wow

More pics of this car please:D

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Auto's should be reserved for people with 1 leg, otherwise, you're just being f**king idle.

have you ever driven a supra auto??? there is nothing lazy about them lol... and its still possible to shift gear manually... just without a clutch peddle...

you can call it lazy but when the auto box can take over 700bhp... and the manual box gets soft at 500...

there are 10 and 9 second supras running auto boxs.. hardly lazy lol

I love the bubble shape RX7 to bits I really do, but to me those two are ruined by the TVR Saggy style headlights.

Much perfer them as they are tbh, or with some of the other headlight conversions out there.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
I know someone who used to have a Skyline that he used for drifting.... i thought it looked the nuts, he sold it, for an rx-7, but had to sell that too due to not having enough money to run it....

l_501a628f15b889dc522394f9352ea888.png

l_7a02b1249471ccb0b94874f4db7ec353.png

l_20e6658f1fe761b4c20ef5a064bfedba.png

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
^gtt or gtst... they look dog vomit compared to gtr's

there was a guy in gloucester with a gtst, banging on he had a r34 skyline... he turned up one day in it and had debaged it, he was saying it was a gtr... i tore him to shreads im sorry.... if your gonna get a skyline dont blag its a gtr if it isnt cos someone who knows their s**t will come along and ruin you!

it was dog piss slow i honestly s**t all over it and slapped his mother in the face in my 200... havent seen him since then!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
can u guess what this is ??

n517512348_711081_4061.jpg

n517512348_711084_5247.jpg

n517512348_711083_4907.jpg

n517512348_711065_4419.jpg

its not that easy to work out what it is lol, drift car and is pretty powerfull too....

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
close!!! its a s14 with celica front, dc5 rear lights lol... was a convertable to begin with, they then made it pickup... its in the uk and is used in the drift events lol... its weird i dont like the front bumper but its a s**t load of work....

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Ahh, Mr. Fenn. I was on GT4 at the weekend and found a car that might interest you.

'92 Honda NSX Type-R.

Hmm... more proof! ;)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I thought the nsx-r was the later version, remember reading about the nsx type r years ago in performance car?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
According to wiki (fountain of knowledge!), was called nsx-r and type r, nsx-r in japan. But seeing as it's a jdm only car, guess engleberts correct.

Turbos.
People only ever call it Type R because its what people are used to. The more you say it, the more you believe it (Hi Chris) ;)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
He says its a called an 'NSX Type R', i know its an 'NSX-R.'

No, no, noes.

I'm saying they made an NSX Type-R in the early 90's. I've even found it on Gran Turismo 4 as '92 NSX Type-R) And those guys are sticklers for detail. ;) I'll get a pic tonight.

The second iteration of the car, in '01/'02 was dubbed NSX-R.

Both were JDM-only.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
He says its a called an 'NSX Type R', i know its an 'NSX-R.'

No, no, noes.

I'm saying they made an NSX Type-R in the early 90's. I've even found it on Gran Turismo 4. And they're sticklers for detail. ;) I'll get a pic tonight.

The second iteration of the car, in '01/'02 was dubbed NSX-R.

Both were JDM-only.
Wikipedia says your wrong Chris, despite your sweet face, I'm with bert-man on this.