ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The JDM Appreciation Thread...

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Love this pic

nsx-sm1-1.jpg

You'd have thought in Japan, a country known for cutting edge electronics they could have made a set of lights slightly smaller than a garden shed to put of the roof of the plods cars.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
They have to be huge, have you seen how little you can see of a Japanese fella behind the wheel?! They can't see out properly. Even worse than i can! ;)

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Japanese five-oh know their rides hehe :) That AE86 above is lover-ly.

Yep still ugly, the front looks a bit new scooby (which is ugly) the rest just looks like they didn't bother.

Give me an evo anyday over that.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
That's awesome Jon hehe :) I assume from your Av you took in the Ring too? Sounds similar to my trip earlier in the year, did you take in Stelvio Pass on the way down to Monaco?

Dan

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Lose the stickers for me, and that'd be awesome. Although I think, that photo in the above post is the best angle to photo them from. The front somehow looks 'stretched' from side to side for me, but it doesn't offend me.

Personally, I love them for what they are to drive, but I'd never own one. Apparently the JDM FD2 Type-R has rock hard suspension, and is totally unsuitable for our roads, and I imagine the Spoon one is going to be even harder. If they're as harsh as everyone says, I could never own an FD2 for that reason alone. Ok, it's mad fast round Bedford in Evo and stuff, especially for a FWD with only 220bhp, but that wouldn't really matter to me as, if I could still drive, and I had one of them, sure I'd do some trackdays, why buy one if not, but I'd want to be able to live with it day to day.

The R27 is great on the road, not jiggly or crashy at all, yet it also managed to feel absolutely fabulous on the Ring :) Ok, i freely admit it's the only car I've ever taken round it, but a Ring school place just up the road had a small fleet of normal 197s (and a new white cup) - so that tells me that they must be ok, and it's not just me. I suppose, their Cup and my R27 would be even better as well, with the slightly stiffer/lower setup.

However I suppose, in TV stuff/magazines etc Jap roads all appear race track smooth, and it is as far as Honda are concerned, designed for the JDM market only, so why should it be softened out for crappy UK roads, or a race track that's not Suzuka or Tskuba :)