ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Long waited Liquid Yellow R27 (Pic Heavy)

LY R27
So after owning my first clio and turning it into a little bit of a "172 Rep" with carbon bonnet.

SDC11884.jpg

SDC11759.jpg

SDC11761.jpg

SDC11760.jpg

Then shortly after getting truly annoyed with getting pulled every other time i went out. I really wanted a 197 at this point, but it quickly became unrealistic with quotes still coming out at more than the car. I had to find a stepping stone of a car until i could afford it. Then I thought the natural progression was the meg.

DSC00745.jpg

_DSC6547.jpg

_DSC6558.jpg

Now I'm 20. In October 2011 I finally looked into getting a 197, my dad then convinced me to get the R27, the attitude was just pay a little bit more and get it or you will always think thats what I should have got.

I did it properly and got every option I was after:
Climate control
Speed limiter
Cruise Control
Xenons
Aluminium Bonet
Recaros
Red Brembos
Keyless entry and Go

A very happy bunny :)

And this is it when i first got it :)
_DSC7692.jpg

_DSC9627.jpg

_DSC9519-1.jpg

447b3464.jpg

b938b0d6.jpg

_DSC0453.jpg

I don't really want to touch the car just tweak a few bits.

Such as first thing. White interior bulbs
_DSC0454.jpg

Then some better rubber, so I chose some T1R toyo Proxes :)
0e0d5f9a.jpg

Sod's law next. A week after fitting them, I won a set of Lassa Phenoma at Autosport show 2012, I was a little unsure about them at first as it wasn't a brand that I was totally aware of. But I am not going to be turning down some free tyres. So I had them fitted and had a small photo shoot for PFC magazine.

_DSC0459.jpg

aa5cd117.jpg

Next came these cool looking LY dash strips and wheel insert supplied by SprayShack - Top work fellas :)

_DSC0446.jpg

_DSC0447.jpg

_DSC0452.jpg

_DSC0445.jpg

At this time I bought a boot tidy and boot net, pretty pleased with these.

Then a group buy came up on Clio197.net of enlarging throttle bodies.
This increased the size of the TB from 60mm to 64mm

Got it today and the car is beginning to learn the TB with fluctuation of idle RPM, though I have been assured that it will improve, it just needs to be driven and in a couple of days all will be good :). It has helped iron out some of the lumpiness that the VVT brings and also has improved low end torque which is pretty much the downfall of the 197 (besides the low MPG figure!).

From this:
_DSC0438.jpg

To this:
_DSC0455.jpg

_DSC0458.jpg

6e0bbaa0.jpg

_DSC0431.jpg

_DSC0429.jpg

ec7d2abf.jpg

Thats that for now!
Next up is probably a set of matched inlets, maybe a v6 airbox and a map :)
I am also after a spare wheel to chuck in the boot under the net.
Also looking at a cup spoiler - but a bit worried about drilling the dreaded holes :eek:

Thanks for looking :)

Brocky

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Looks good mate :) you've done what I plan to with the yellow inserts and I'll be getting the cup spoiler too :)

Lol at being sick of being pulled then buying a bright yellow sport car haha!

Youve got #277 and I got #177 lol will your car be in this months pfc then?

LY R27
Lol yeh well at least I've got nothing to worry about with this as its all pretty much standard you know - fills you with confidence.

and nah it was in PFC a few months back

how strange with the two numbers!!!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Lol, is it standard apart from what you've shown? Mine came with a ktr pro performance and itg panel filter (only just found out lol) trying to track down the last owner to find out what else has been done haha.

Yeah, little coincidence ha

LY R27
Yeh standard plus ITG, just for breathing tbh. don't really want to go down the exhaust route as I've been burnt from the filf by that before. "Your exhaust is too loud". Full mic test to show i was like 97db, i think 20 over standard. So I had to revert to standard or court action. I had to drive my old clio into a police station yard and get retested - one of the most terrifying experiences in my life!

LY R27
Yeh you can! Around here anyways :(
There was a big problem with street/boy racers a few years ago. Super Cruises every sunday, Krispy Kremes carpark full ever night.

Bit of a pain in the ass tbh :(

LY R27
Before having to shed out for MOT, insurance and road tax I don't really have any money for what I want! (Matched inlets, Remap, Front end respray and retro fitted tom tom) But don't worry it will all come!

For now I have followed the rest of the "sheep" not too sure if I like it but meh! Not bad for a 99p mod, what you guys think?

I've had it on 3 hours and already 2 comments of "oh great is that for the jubilee"
:|

FAIL!

8ec43a83.jpg

a5f8bf44.jpg

28e9d681.jpg

7ba2b425.jpg

poor iphone pics!

Ly Megane 230 F1
so so so so jealous of your car! would love an r27 in LY, car looks great but the tape doesnt do it for me :)

LY R27
cheers fellas, maybe i need something that looks a little more permanent than just tape haha,
but yeh I love it - everything about it accept the poor MPG :O

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
He is saying make sure 100% that it's done!! Lol the car looks amazing mate nice 1! I quite like the tape breaks the front end up!!

LY R27
After selling and installing Lamin X for the past year and still not actually applied any on my own car,

I used this on the R27 clio, Subtle tint. After applying it I wanted it a touch darker so applied a 2nd layer of the subtle tint.

Whatcha guys think?

Before:
d5385026.jpg

41bbc333.jpg

0634aa1f.jpg

During:
8a0dda93.jpg

1 layer:
fcec7b21.jpg

2 layers:
cecdfd45.jpg

installed:
1db71507.jpg

abe0a098.jpg

b873f170.jpg

0c74c7f0.jpg

9ac96f68.jpg

The pics make the lights look alot darker than reality, ill get some better pics later on my DSLR to show they aren't that dark!

Will be applying yellow to the E46 later :)

LY R26 230 F1 Team
Can the laminex be put on without removing the lights?

Nice car btw, get rid of the tape though IMHO

LY R27
The tape is a marmite mod I've found, some love it, some hate it!
yeh course you can do it without removing the lights, but i wanted to spend my time over it, and really wrap the film around the edges. Removing them allows you to use a heat gun/hair dryer on them without chance of damage to the paintwork.

I also managed to get them out without removing the bumper too - BONUS!

If you need any more info or a quote chris, PM me!

LY R27
Hey all, it's been a while since my beloved R27 has seen many updates :(. I have been focusing on setting up my website for the past month so the clio got put on hold. (I'm pretty sure you can guess my website domain from this post...)

Not many updates tbh, firstly though was silvervisions, always needed to be done!

_DSC1766.jpg

_DSC1767.jpg

Then I thought a few carpark dents needed to be banished. (All of these were then when I bought the car :( )
_DSC1540.jpg

at £35 a panel I couldn't complain :) perfect job :) Unfortunately no pics of the finished article.

Then a few maintenance issues needed to be sorted before I headed off to santa Pod :)
Brake Fluid change
Tracking
Addition of my sites logo on the rear window :)

IMG_1070.jpg

_DSC1771.jpg

_DSC1701-1.jpg

_DSC1700-1.jpg

_DSC1699-1.jpg

_DSC1697-1.jpg

I ran 15.6 with a full tank, a passenger, "bad conditions" (Apparently) and not the stickiest tyres. So overall, I'm not too gutted with that :)

Now, a problem since I have bought the car. The previous owner pointed out a few dings in the rear left quarter, and a minor key mark down drivers side. They agreed to lower the price slightly so i could get them sorted, this along with some minor stone chips and front end scratches meant that the body shop needed to be visited today.

Here are some before shots, after will be when I return from my holiday and it will be all blinging with some fresh paint on the front bumper and rear quarter, and also some new gloss black grills :)

_DSC1764.jpg

_DSC1538.jpg

_DSC1765.jpg

_DSC1536.jpg

_DSC1769.jpg

_DSC1770.jpg

_DSC1773.jpg

_DSC1774.jpg

_DSC1776.jpg

PS. another minor update with the Lego dust caps, hehe!
_DSC1772.jpg

578F9CEB-F9FA-4049-82AF-DD2908860D6D-5394-0000050CE1386ECD.jpg

C15F2B48-4B3A-48F4-8F9C-95A2FCA9C839-5394-0000050CE8FAD6CF.jpg

LY R27
I received my car back today from the paint shop, EXTREMELY happy with it.
My car is now just turned 58k and fully dent free. I had the rear quarter smoothed out and repainted, with the front bumper entirely repainted to get rid of all existing stone chips and the nasty scratches. Excellent paint match too :). While it wa in there I had them paint my front grilles in gloss black too. Had it done by " Whats The Damage Autos". All done for ONLY £365!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Whats-The-Damage-Autos/263624613700576

I also got some genuine Renault Sport exhaust tips. Not too sure on these.
_DSC3245.jpg

_DSC3246.jpg

_DSC3248.jpg

_DSC3249.jpg

_DSC3250.jpg

_DSC3251.jpg

_DSC3253.jpg

_DSC3254.jpg

_DSC3256.jpg

_DSC3259.jpg

_DSC3260.jpg

_DSC3263.jpg

Thoughts on my new exhaust tips? Im not totally decided

Next mods i think to de badge the CLIO and matched inlets :)