ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The loudest clio needs an MOT!

Clio 16v
Well after Project Clio failing its MOT in spectacular fashion (2 page fail list FTW!) I have been trying to get it back on the road before Modified Nationals in Peterborough this weekend (its a 3x db Drag event which means I get lots of points for competing plus am able to set a Certified SPL Score)

Anyway - the Clio failed on the following - Bear in mind that I work in I.T. and know next to nothing about car mechanics (other than fitting audio to them)

1. washers not working
  2. headlight unable to be adjusted
  3. wing mirrors
  4. seat belt mountings loose
  5. both front tyres below minimum tread
  6. both lower suspension ball joint excessive play
  7. excessive play in steering
  8. damaged rear brake pipe
  9. handbrake not working
  10. rear handbrake cables inadequately clipped
  11. Exhaust blowing
  12. Exhaust mounts knackered
  13. both outer sills corroded
I sorted the headlights, washers, wing mirrors and tyres last week, and the saturday just gone took the car to a friend to fix the rest (he also competes in the db drag shows and is a complete legend)

1. Exhaust Blowing - he welded up the knackered join
DSCF1726.jpg

DSCF1728.jpg

DSCF1730.jpg

2. Exhaust Hangers improvised some beefy hangers
DSCF1734.jpg

DSCF1742.jpg

DSCF1743.jpg

3. Steering Play - welding the UJ/column joint - a common problem apparently
DSCF1731.jpg

DSCF1732.jpg

4. Rear Brake Hose you can see where it was knackered, we replaced it
DSCF1724.jpg

DSCF1735.jpg

DSCF1740.jpg

5. Brake hose clips - cable ties FTW
DSCF1738.jpg

6. Bottom ball joints both sides
DSCF1741.jpg

7. New Mirrors
DSCF1744.jpg

Its currently in getting the sills repairded but should be fixed and MOT's for the weekend so im a happy chap!

Clio 16v
i spy with my little eye a certain mr daniels lol

cars looking better haha

Its sure is Mr D - he is a life saver! true db drag legend

Its getting there Laura - next stop is a new roof (or a panel over the existing one) and then its getting matt paint all over :)

Clio 16v
I mind my old mk1 failed on 2 pages worth of stuff! Death traps!

I was thinking that my fail list would mean it wasnt repairable but it hasnt been that bad at all

attractive lol

It looked fantastic on the golf, so want to do it again on this - I really like the look - no one else seems to be as into it as me lol

Last edited:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I expected mine to fail on one for 2 things..>but when it printed onto the 2nd page i knew it wasn't great news!

tut tut for the illegal tyres. Deserve boot in the arse for that one.

Clio 16v
I expected mine to fail on one for 2 things..>but when it printed onto the 2nd page i knew it wasn't great news!

tut tut for the illegal tyres. Deserve boot in the arse for that one.

Yeah i know - that was really bad - as its so low i couldnt tell, wasnt until it was on the ramps I realised what a tit I was and got them done ASAP

Very Bad Boy

Alfa Romeo 145 QV
Its just the joys of motoring.

Believe it or not, theres such a sense of satisfaction after you have turned it around.

I love old cars.

Clio 16v
Its just the joys of motoring.

Believe it or not, theres such a sense of satisfaction after you have turned it around.

I love old cars.

Like I said i know nothing about cars but I managed to do some of the little bits

Adam @ Repairgeot did the rest but I have learnt alot and when its back on the road I will be a happy man as it really is a great little car (especially with all the boom in the back hehe)

if anyone is going to be at Modified Nationals please come and find me on the dB Drag stand and say Hi

Clio 16v
Just spoken to the garage who are repairing the sills and its going to be sorted for Modified Nationals

WOO HOO

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
will be up there. its a good excuse for a boys weekend away. will venture over for a looksy

Clio 16v
Woo hoo

and i got 152.2db and it will now play music at 150db :) HAPPY BUNNY!

Good work, happy but deaf bunny ;)

When im burping it (that is playing a single tone to see how loud it can go at peak volume) I wear ear plugs

but for music yes it will make me deaf hehe

for driving to and from the shows the volume is knocked down a bit but at the shows its all about showing off and getting a crowd around the car - which this does pretty efficiently :) LOVE IT