ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The lowest 182, was it mine...?! (tons of pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Mk2 172
when its that low, it doesnt handle like s**t, mines been a tad more lower than that for 6months, handles superb round sharp bends ;)

round sharp bends?? What does that mean lol. It probably felt great but then uve probably never driven one with a different height setup etc so u cant really say if the higher setup is better if u get what im saying.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
ok , not exactly a Sharp sharp bend, but say a decent bend lol..

urm, ye iv got coilovers, and at start i experimented, and now iv left them down, only slight problem is a 3point turn, as i cant due to it scrapin the arches,

Btw Pepsi...

Its handy if you carry a scissors jack in the boot ;)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Me too. I wasnt allowed an input on the ride height lol.
He said ur having the best height for handling on a road car. He said do u want it to look proper or look like its had cut springs!

Proper ride height! FFS! - Was talking about Warren's multi coloured bus!

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
How do you find it handles like that Pepsi?

I have to say though I think it looks a bit silly that low.

cant read all this on my phone but mine was that low at the back and raising it a little at the back made it way better and that was back to back on a track. Do you get no rubbin at all? Looks good mate

M235i / 172
Was down for it, but going to Amsterdam now instead!!

Although I might come up first thing in the morning, I don't fly until 2pm and have some running around to do, what time are people going there?

Finally, some slack!

Earliest about 9:15 - 9:30 mate. Pop up.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
How do you find it handles like that Pepsi?

I have to say though I think it looks a bit silly that low.

It handles terrible!!

A corner i can normally take at 60 on the H&R's saw me under steering at about 50!
But, until it gets set up properly I will drive low and slow!!

Wish I could keep the lowness and the handling, but the car is gonna be used on track so I know which is more important!!

ITB'd 182...
Will be intersted to see the comparison between these ( once set up )
compared to the H&R's :)

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Yup, i've gone from cup suspension > sportlines > H&R's > AST's! All in the space of 5ish months!!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
All paid for in cash, I owe nothing but a mortgage!! All at 20!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
^ Nah, I own the house across the road with my brother, bought it about 18 months ago now!

Been working weekends since i was 13, 2 paper rounds etc, then 7 days a week from leaving school pretty much, work hard play hard as they say!

TrackCar & F30 330d
That is very low mate.
At one stage our cars were gona be identical same colour 182, same H&R's (you were looking into my zorst)
But now you have a sweet exhuast and even sweeter coilies
Good work laddo

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
^ Cheers mate.

Yeah I remember saying that when you started your project thread! I'm never happy to be honest, I love playing around with the car and doing bits and bobs to it so just keep wasting money! Good way to waste it though, the car looks and sounds s**t hot in my opinion.

ITB'd 182...
^ Cheers mate.

Yeah I remember saying that when you started your project thread! I'm never happy to be honest, I love playing around with the car and doing bits and bobs to it so just keep wasting money! Good way to waste it though, the car looks and sounds s**t hot in my opinion.

+1

Really low settings are only good for a smooth track, as any bump on a normal road is going to unsteady the car which isn't what you want mid corner. Good to hear you're going to get it set-up properly, all the same interesting to see the low pictures.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Can't believe how much adjustment there is though, the forst pics posted, I had 75mm thread elft on the front to go down and around 100mm on the back!!

Even how it sits now is maybe only 1/4 - 1/3 of the way down the thread on the rear!

Not sure whether to get the stiffer spring option, that way I can hopefully keep it a bit lower, need to speak to Curtis and get some decent advice from him though.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Not a fan of current height but as you've said it will no doubt be raised when fully setup so I'll await pics after setting up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.