ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Lowwwwwww Ph2 - Progress Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Any soft microfibre is fine. Save the finishing cloths for FCS to use between showers. ;) :( I've brought sh*t loads of Quik Detailer to go around.

Are they the red ones?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
That's the ones... yeah, save them, they're good

Don't get them wet really, once you wash them or need to dry them they lose all the softness. A bargain-bin microfibre will be fine fella... get a few thin coats of EGP on there before i come round... should be dead easy to do whilst you're fixing the wheels. ;)

well, JUST finished now.......still few things to do.......4 wheels done, 4 center caps done.........one wheel reacted slightyl on the rim, but il have to live with it, everything else done near enough, all clean, stickers applied.....thats bout it!

well may aswell update this..............managed to f*ck the wheel on the way to FCS if anyone hasnt already seen....

IMG_0003.gif

IMG_0008-1.gif

and how it was supposed to be all round :dapprove:

IMG_0258.gif

and because they are superleggeras, they arent available to buy anymore as they have stopped making them.........very rare that a set in clio fitment and 16" come up on ebay.....so looks like new set of wheels time as im not hanging round waiting...........

soon to be on 15's :cool:

Ian

Focus TDCi
TBH I'm feeling a three-wheeler Delboy-esque conversion! ;)

It's bad news mate, but if you do go for a set like Hayley's it will look just as mint. Keep an eye out for a fourth as well, you never know.

its just getting hold of them.....none on ebay, pistonheads, williamsclio, clio16valver, clubclio, frenchsportsclub.........posted wanted threads on them all :(

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
wasn't someone selling some on here a while back? the guy who had the racing blue 182 and got 3 sets in anthracite done especially

yeah d4ve........there is someone in ireland (rossei - http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=336298 ) selling a set also.......they could be posted, BUT, i havent got £600 to spend on a set and posting them........seeing as my wheels are practically worthless as i cant sell them as a set!

there was someone on here selling some from an Ex cup race car, 40 quid a rim, they were a bit battered but refurb-able, which is what im looking for really, around that sort of price....but they are all gone......ben_p had some going aswell, but sold them also! :(

why not get them new?

because i havent got 500/600/700 quid to spend on a set of wheels/tyres.....as mine are worthless :(

id rather get a set of battered ones for under 200, get them refurbed and get tyres on them, i could do that for 350 all in...

Ian

Focus TDCi
Get a set of 172 alloys, refurb them and wait for a decent set to come along. Sell the 172's for more than you paid for them and put it towards the set you want?

suppose so.

steely for the next month or so then?

dont know.......only got 1 and it pulls like a b**ch when driving, as the other wheels are 16, steely is 15...........they work out to be the same size diameter because of the different size tyres, but its still dodgy as f**k..

im hoping to find a set of wheels and get them on etc in the next fortnight at least.

Get a set of 172 alloys, refurb them and wait for a decent set to come along. Sell the 172's for more than you paid for them and put it towards the set you want?

probably wouldnt make anything back on them, tiny bit maybe........plus they weigh a ton as bloor knows, lol

Ian

Focus TDCi
Aye fair enough, was just thinking they'd get you by til something shows up, no point paying top dollar for a set now unless you especially need to.

Saying that, I know it's infuriating though, I'm waiting for stuff to arrive and it's driving me nuts not to be able to get on with it.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Jord I'll ask my cousin probably on Monday as he's on maternity leave at the moment (d'oh) so if you get a set sorted before then let me know. Also I hope it goes lower on the 15s ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.