ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Mazda's Replacement...

Disastra Coupe
Thought i'd share some pics of the replacement for the mx5... The Mazda sold really quick which i was happy about and yesterday i picked this up.

330ci M Sport Coupe, coilovers, m3 wheels, carbon wrapped roof and few other bits etc.
The exhaust has really grown on me, not loud at all but sounds really nice!
The tints will have to go, too gangster for me! And it also needs raising a bit!

But other than that i'm really happy with it. Big difference from the Mazda and anything else i've owned :)

F7846FB4-F6CE-4CC8-82E3-9B49418A5EBA-8469-0000089D23EEBEDE.jpg

73640272-ED67-4DD2-826A-8307662A2087-8469-0000089D383019B7.jpg

542895D9-96D2-4E88-A520-0633772F8A68-8469-0000089D44E6D2F2.jpg

43EF7B9B-CA11-4CA4-9A9B-6FA0D100D9BD-8469-0000089D500C88BB.jpg

C57DC616-6370-4434-B10F-44E811766732-8469-0000089D5E81E15A.jpg

CEB5CC2F-245A-4E4F-8F93-20006A756880-8469-0000089D69D2DDF1.jpg

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
I think it will look 10x better with the suspension raised and the carbon wrap removed.

Disastra Coupe
Yea, as i say... There's a few thing's that are abit too 'gangster wannabe' for me. But it's all stuff that can be easily changed.

At the price i paid it's an absolute steal and the car is in really good condition! So i was happy enough to take it :)

Disastra Coupe
Tbf I wasn't expecting a good reception due to some of the mods lol... But like I say, bargain price, tidy car despite some of the mods... I'm really happy with it.

Chris, its deceptive! It doesn't feel all that quick but then you look at the speedo and you realise you're going pretty quick! Probably due to the refinement and size compared to the Mazda lol.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Just thought I'd add that this is the 10,000th thread in General Media.

Nice work :cool:

Car looks good too mate.

Disastra Coupe
Haha, that's pretty cool :p And thanks! Just fitted my new stereo... As it didn't come with one. Feels more homely now :)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Needs suspension raised, wheel colour changed, tints gone and roof wrap removed, then it will be a nice car..

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
I could run through the things I don't like about it but I won't, as I can't talk as I own a Pink Mini and Its your car.

If I were you I'd invest in some AutoGlym Leather Cleaner and Care Balm, Really brought the Black Leather in My Mini Back from the dead, they look great and Matte just like new leather does.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'm really not a fan of that, but it's not my car so who gives a fcuk what I think!

As long as you like it that's all that matters.

I thought Msports only came out in 2003/4?

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I dislike that it has 4 tail pipes, only M cars should have 4.

Certainly has potential though, for me raise it up a touch and it will be much better.

Disastra Coupe
Spacers on the rear would fill those arches and it would look spot on!

Something i will look into eventually once it's raised :)

I'm really not a fan of that, but it's not my car so who gives a fcuk what I think!

As long as you like it that's all that matters.

I thought Msports only came out in 2003/4?

I've seen a lot of M Sports advertised at this age? It's on the log book as an M Sport anyway! And the insurance recognised it as one! Lol.

Lot of potential, but it does need quite a bit of work.

I don't hate it like everyone else, the exhausts are my main gripe.

I wasn't keen on the exhaust at first, but it sounds immense. It's not loud at all, driving normally you'd be forgiven for thinking it's standard but just accelerate a bit and it's got a nice quiet deep six cylinder rumble. Sounds perfect imo!

I could run through the things I don't like about it but I won't, as I can't talk as I own a Pink Mini and Its your car.

If I were you I'd invest in some AutoGlym Leather Cleaner and Care Balm, Really brought the Black Leather in My Mini Back from the dead, they look great and Matte just like new leather does.

I've got some Gliptone Twins for the leather so i'll give that a bash! :)

S4 Avant
I think it's a good starting point. Knowing how all you're other cars have turned out, I don't doubt this one will be smart when it's sorted as well.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
There's so much right with that, it just needs a few touches really to look brilliant for what it is.

Bring the front and rear up, make the wheels silver, and please considering removing the exhaust (or changing the tail pipes for something more subtle).

Disastra Coupe
I think it's a good starting point. Knowing how all you're other cars have turned out, I don't doubt this one will be smart when it's sorted as well.

Cheers dude... Yea, i think with a few tweeks it'll certainly be looking a lot better. But i'm really happy with it still, really glad i went for it!

There's so much right with that, it just needs a few touches really to look brilliant for what it is.

Bring the front and rear up, make the wheels silver, and please considering removing the exhaust (or changing the tail pipes for something more subtle).

It's definitely got to be raised, just to make getting on my drive easier on the arches! The exhaust, it's growing on me massively if i'm honest. It just sounds so good. And the volume of it is how i wish my Flamer had been!

Wheels, i'm considering silver or anthracite. But i'm also kinda tempted by some BBS CH's!

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
Okay, so I'll be honest at first, I really disliked that but now with the better pictures and the clean its growing on me.

As Above, Remove the carbon wrap, Colour code everything that isn't (except the diffuser bit).

Raise the suspension, put the wheels back to silver and it's lovely :)

I have a real soft spot for E46 3-Series, despite being more of a mercedes fan myself :D

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
Oh and have you considered a new rear bumper and getting new tail pipes welded on, but ones that fold down so that they are not visible?

Sport 172 flame Red
I think it looks great as it is! Just the carbon roof is not cool for me, lovely car though!

New photos look sweet.

WR1 impreza
Love the new shots. Personally I think it will look totally different without the tints. With them removed I think it will look brilliant

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Raise it. Silver wheels. Lop one set of those tail pipes off and get another OEM bumper skirt on it.

Disastra Coupe
Looks well spec'd anyway lad!

Got bored of the mx5?

Not really bored... It was amazing to drive, a proper hoot! But before long it was going to need bodywork, it needed a heater matrix and a few other bits. So i just decided sell on before piling loads of money into a car that isn't worth a lot :)

Disastra Coupe
Most will probably be glad to know i've removed the carbon wrap off the boot plinth :)

B48310C0-4B76-400D-85B6-02A8C110A0D2-2396-000002A30DD5DB01-1_zps818521ae.jpg

Might try and get the tint off the top half of the rear lights tomorrow.