ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The new boat.

Shed.
only a 1.2 though. Should make a nice change to the f**king expression. Its an 05 1.2i 16v dynamique. I dont even know what s**t ti has on it yet, but it has air con. which is good. because my expression is a f**king bolier house on wheels. i test drove it, mum and the stealer guy was in the car and tbh i rekon it pulls better-er than my expression even with only me in it. its still a 75bhp engine yea ?

Some new springs are in order lol. possibly some other s**t too. dunno yet lol. 7 days left till i get it.
SP_A0057.gif

SP_A0056.gif
SP_A0057.jpg

SP_A0056.jpg

SP_A0055.jpg

SP_A0053.jpg

SP_A0055.gif

SP_A0053.gif

2001 A(wful)uthentique
Looks tidy mate.

Is the expression 8v like my awfulthentique?

Looking to upgrade to a Dynamique from mine, purely because of gash interior and rubbish seats. Oh, and 8v more!

looks good

upgrading form a 1.2 clio to a .......1.2 clio

if i had to get another clio i would go for a 1.6 next time

Evo 6, E92 320d
Nice interior, same as what i'll be getting in a month or so but at least a 1.4(1.6 if i can find a nice 1).

Shed.
Looks tidy mate.

Is the expression 8v like my awfulthentique?

Looking to upgrade to a Dynamique from mine, purely because of gash interior and rubbish seats. Oh, and 8v more!

mate i had an expression. this is a dynamique. and its a 16v at that. wanted a 1.4 but couldnt find anything in the dynamique model. just an authentique. dealer at dixons or whatever it is now tried selling me a 182. he said it was a 2l turbo. i lol'd and immediately thought of the threads about renault dealers posted on here.

went for another 1.2 so i could have somehting as new as possible. im also a student and ill end up in uni so i figured itd be best.

btw i dont hate clios. just mine because its got five doors. and anyways i hardly put my foot down anymore. would rarther have 320 miles to a tank.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
320 miles to a tank, you joking?!
i get at least 450 from mine!

Shed.
wanted somehting a LOT newer. and i was only gunna be able to afford an 03 plate anyways. ill kick myself in a few months lol.

so do i get a cd player first (alpine to replace std Headunit) or some decent springs. btw, how low should i go ? suspension doesnt make the car sit as high as that usually.

60mm or just a 40mm drop ? std shocks btw.

Last edited:
its nice an it looks alot minter then the one i traded in (looking at it now its seen better days )
i got about 320miles from a tank from my 05 1.2 dyn it never felt slow to me ;)

Last edited:
  Shed.
paint work was swirled to f**k lol. its getting valleted soon by the dealer. checked the car over well and its fine. gearstick is very loose compared to my 54thousand mile expression though. really different to drive. im gunna be taking it out round the country roads to loosen it up when i get the thing lol.

mini cooper (RIP 172)
not to bad;) u'll have to wash it every day to keep it clean tho:rasp:

its the same as my girlfriends, get it lowed and maybe some 172 wheels, i might beble to getsome cheap one if you want:D

Peugeot 306 HDi
I've noticed that a lot of the so-called PhIIIs seem to sit higher than my 03 car - is there a reason for this? Mine has got the sports suspension and I believe it may have been one of the last 1.2s to have this, so would that be why?

Nice car though mate. Should have auto lights, wipers, heated mirrors, one touch window on the driver's side and a fair few airbags as it's a Dynamique. Best colour of course lol.

Shed.
cheers. cant wait to drive it. i hate waiting for s**t.

the number plate is IIOAT BOAt. lol. gettit ? yea ? no ?

k im not funny nvm then.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
lower it AT LEAST -60mm on springs and dampers, if your not changing the dampers then just got 30mm on Eibach Sportlines.

looks like its got 195/55/15 tyres on it, get 195/45/15 or atleast 195/50/15 on it and it'll look much better.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Same as my GF has just bought, Not bad Motor and as people have said u get a Good spec for the Money, Auto Lights, Auto wipers Etc.

Hers is also Black and guess who has to clean the Bloody Thing, Good Cars tho and Pretty Nippy for Town Driving!!!!

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
You like swearing thats for sure

Very nice though, certainly not sh*t

Breaking A 172 Replica
I've noticed that a lot of the so-called PhIIIs seem to sit higher than my 03 car - is there a reason for this? Mine has got the sports suspension and I believe it may have been one of the last 1.2s to have this, so would that be why?

Nice car though mate. Should have auto lights, wipers, heated mirrors, one touch window on the driver's side and a fair few airbags as it's a Dynamique. Best colour of course lol.

Incorrect. Only the 1.4 and 1.6s have sports suspension in the petrol models.

Shed.
very nice michael - wanna buy some 16" 172 alloys for it?

lol yer. eventually. its still got warranty on it though, will i void it ?

lower it AT LEAST -60mm on springs and dampers, if your not changing the dampers then just got 30mm on Eibach Sportlines.

looks like its got 195/55/15 tyres on it, get 195/45/15 or atleast 195/50/15 on it and it'll look much better.

lol i was thinking sportlines. thatll be my fist mod. springs are a bit on the expensive side tbh.

Smart matey...loved my old black dynamique..spent a small fortune on it too..

yeah i intend to on mine. really pleased with it. shame ive got 7 days left to wait yet lol.

You like swearing thats for sure

Very nice though, certainly not sh*t

lol yer. nice to have smoehitng which isnt poverty spec.

Shed.
Well first up - Sportlines so i can have a 45mm drop. f**k the shocks ill have to make do. And a pipercross foam filter to replace the std cardboard s**t. not that it will make ANY difference. i just like to be cool. thats £200 down the pan allready.

Anyone got any reccomendations for alloys ? Im thinking 172 alloys. but i was also thinking of getting some team dynamics in 16" and then getting a can of spraypaint and spraying them white lol. What you think then ?

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
my wee bro has just bought a 1.2 corsa C sxi and i would imagine them to be the same, when i drove it i couldnrt belive how slow it was

Shed.
yeah but corsas are s**t.

Yea theyre slow but then once you manage to get to 80/90 mph round corners theyre pretty fun. i dont think theyr THAT bad but then id sooner have a 1.2 than a 2L. id f**king kill myself. Anwyays i need ot learn to drive this new car. doesnt feel anything like my expression, and im used to sliding round corners with my steelies lol, cant count how many times ive managed to loose controll of the bloody car. suprised i ahvent ended up ina ditch yet.. im hoping this one will have mroe grip.

anyways yes theyre slow. but its not so bad when youve never drivin anything else faster than a 1.2.

Shed.
hah no way lol. (dont tempt me)

yeah itll get some coinage spent on it lol. i dont wanna go ott with it but there are a few thing i want to do to it to make it look more better.