ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Car: 3.0 Z4

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Looks awesome mate always liked these but doubt I will ever be lucky enough to own one though.

Z4
Cheers mate, IMO there's more man points that the TT :D

I'll probably be doing the facelift rear lights, I'd love to do the front but the cost in insane! I guess I'll have to grin and bare it!

Low down torque is really good IMO (well it impressed me), the gears feel really long too which makes really giving it some GREAT fun!

I assume the foam has been taken out and this is the reason for the noise, it's PERFECT as it is thought, quiet as a mouse on the motorway and an animal when you press the loud pedal.

You seem to know your stuff with them though, you'll be good to talk to in future ;)

Unfortunately you won't be able to fit the facelift rear lights, well you can but they're expensive, as you'd need an lcm flash and new rear bumper! The option I suggested would be your best bet
http://www.z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19200&hilit=clear+lights

The amber in the front doesn't bother me tbh.
Ive do like these a lot, but never driven one, I heard the ride is crashy as your basically sitting on the rear axcel! True?

Interor looks good, fairly minimalistic, a nice place to be, as said better than an e46. Wouldn't bother with heated leather, ive rarely used it in any of my previous cars, wouldn't be cheap either..

Not unlike the Tt a good set of rims makes these! Bbs ch or csls would be spot on, or lms if you've no better ideas and like the sheep look

White clique
Heated seats are great and when you have them on its like sitting in the bath, they are roasting hot on the high setting, and deffo an amazing feeling when you have the roof down too. I'm not sure how easy a retro fit is though Rob due to the switchgear, i might be wrong.

DON'T lower it or put BBS alloys on it either it will look chav - you have to remember this is a nice car, it still carries itself as something a bit posh etc, the minute you start pissing about with an already nice looking car, you have gone down the chav route (a bit like what you see with some badboy 6 series / M3s etc around London). IMO this sort of car looks far nicer and more respectable standard but looking mint. You'll look like a drug dealer who has bought a cat C at auction if you style mod it too much.

I saw a Z4 coupe the other day with dark tints and BBS alloys, i wanted to set fire to it, its was an absolute abomination.

Z4
Heated seats are great and when you have them on its like sitting in the bath, they are roasting hot on the high setting, and deffo an amazing feeling when you have the roof down too. I'm not sure how easy a retro fit is though Rob due to the switchgear, i might be wrong.

DON'T lower it or put BBS alloys on it either it will look chav - you have to remember this is a nice car, it still carries itself as something a bit posh etc, the minute you start pissing about with an already nice looking car, you have gone down the chav route (a bit like what you see with some badboy 6 series / M3s etc around London). IMO this sort of car looks far nicer and more respectable standard but looking mint. You'll look like a drug dealer who has bought a cat C at auction if you style mod it too much.

I saw a Z4 coupe the other day with dark tints and BBS alloys, i wanted to set fire to it, its was an absolute abomination.

Lol.

I see exactly where you're coming from, but also disagree.

With the correct execution it can be done tastefully without looking horribly aftermarket and cheap.
Lets not forget bbs and csls are oem parts on certain bmws, it's a good look, I haven't seen any wheels on the z4 from the factory that suit it well enough, far too reserved and played safe with an otherwise fairly bold styled car!

Ps - I too hate overly modified cars like this, m3s etc with black indicators and daft splitters. People need to remember they're expensive cars and when playing with them it should be done delicately with taste! ....maybe pop a tow strap on the front bumper? ;)

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Gayer than alan carr sucking off scott mills, but I can appreciate them, they look good, built well, quick, proper wheel drive...

You've certainly bought a car to match your dress sense anyway. ;) x

It goes well with the pink ladies underwears he had on today, Danielson!!

If only there was a "like" button for these types of comments!

Nice little car, makes me sad that it does the same MPG as my 1.2 Polo!!!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Sorry I haven't answered these sooner, been a bit "busy"...

Unfortunately you won't be able to fit the facelift rear lights, well you can but they're expensive, as you'd need an lcm flash and new rear bumper! The option I suggested would be your best bet
http://www.z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19200&hilit=clear+lights

The amber in the front doesn't bother me tbh.
Ive do like these a lot, but never driven one, I heard the ride is crashy as your basically sitting on the rear axcel! True?

Interor looks good, fairly minimalistic, a nice place to be, as said better than an e46. Wouldn't bother with heated leather, ive rarely used it in any of my previous cars, wouldn't be cheap either..

Not unlike the Tt a good set of rims makes these! Bbs ch or csls would be spot on, or lms if you've no better ideas and like the sheep look

You're not as close to the rear axle as you may think (i.e not sitting on it) and IMO considering how insanely low to the ground the car is, it's certainly not crashy. My brother (35 and fussy) said "I can't believe how good the ride is. I've done a shed load of mileage in the last two weeks and it's not bothered me at all. Certainly rides better than the Clio did.

I think I just need to polish up the headlights and I'll be happy enough.

I love the look of those rear lights, it sounds like a bit of effort but I like a project, I'll probably give it a go in the summer and post up my results.

As for the wheels, there's only one of two options for me, 18" CSL reps, or refurb what I've got on there high power silver. IMO the CSL's are subtle enough you wouldn't really know they're not an option. Those 18's look to big for me as they raise the car up, but the 18's will keep it sitting as is.

They're a great price too! I won't be lowering or anything of the sort, I love a good tidy up so I can't wait to get this back on track!!!

Alan, don't worry, I promise I won't be ruining it, I love that it's a nice car right now and attracts all the right kind of attention, after Saturday's cleaning session I had so many looks comments, especially when I turned up to pick something up off of a mate outside the pub.

As said, the most drastic mod would be fitting the 18" CSL rims, which IMO, look quite like an option wheel anyway.

If I don't like them I've got nothing against selling for a small loss.

As for the seats, I'd really love heated ones, I'm going to look into people that have retro fitted them as with the zed, a lot of option wires seem to be there already, just need plugging in and spare switch panels seem easy to come by as there are a relative lot of people fitting things like M seats and things.

If it's not easy I won't be doing it, I just love the idea of top down, seats on.

Lol.

I see exactly where you're coming from, but also disagree.

With the correct execution it can be done tastefully without looking horribly aftermarket and cheap.
Lets not forget bbs and csls are oem parts on certain bmws, it's a good look, I haven't seen any wheels on the z4 from the factory that suit it well enough, far too reserved and played safe with an otherwise fairly bold styled car!

Ps - I too hate overly modified cars like this, m3s etc with black indicators and daft splitters. People need to remember they're expensive cars and when playing with them it should be done delicately with taste! ....maybe pop a tow strap on the front bumper? ;)

Sounds like we agree on that, hopefully CSL wheels will make an appearance.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
im going to pretend these are the last pictures ive seen of it :p

really glad your doing things properly. Youll be supprised how quickly dust accumilates in a convertable.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
im going to pretend these are the last pictures ive seen of it :p

really glad your doing things properly. Youll be supprised how quickly dust accumilates in a convertable.

I love cleaning the car in summer (sad I know) so it'll be all good until it gets cold when polands finest can take over :eek:

I'm glad you like the look of it as it was, it looked brilliant. What's you opinion of the CSL wheels Laura?

330i. E30 Touring.
So glad you got the correct engine this time. <3

(Without buying an ///M, obvs.xx)

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
I love cleaning the car in summer (sad I know) so it'll be all good until it gets cold when polands finest can take over :eek:

I'm glad you like the look of it as it was, it looked brilliant. What's you opinion of the CSL wheels Laura?

not for me... i spent ALOT of time umming and arring over wheels for it, the CSLs were an option in my head as well as LMs however i decided the standard wheels refurbed with the correct polished outer and say 20mm or spacing on the rear and it would have been perfect.

I looked over soooo many z4 pictures and its easy to like someone said turn them instantly into a chav motor, i just always need to spend the money on important bits for the golf and this one kinda got neglected.

Want to come clean my cars? I hate it.. i usually bay my brother to do it haha

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
not for me... i spent ALOT of time umming and arring over wheels for it, the CSLs were an option in my head as well as LMs however i decided the standard wheels refurbed with the correct polished outer and say 20mm or spacing on the rear and it would have been perfect.

I looked over soooo many z4 pictures and its easy to like someone said turn them instantly into a chav motor, i just always need to spend the money on important bits for the golf and this one kinda got neglected.

Want to come clean my cars? I hate it.. i usually bay my brother to do it haha

It'll be neglected no more! I want to find a shot of it on 18" CSL's before I form my opinion. I'm not going to lose any money on them really, just the small loss when if sold them on, so I am VERY tempted to go for it.

I'd love to come clean (meaning drive) the golf! The 320 was clean as anything when you got it though!

Completely missed that you'd picked this up!

That's because you don't care about me any more... :(

I bet you didn't even know I had the three series did you? lol!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
JD doesnt care about about me anyomre either, not hes moved to the big city hes forgotten his cheshire buddies :(

Really like this, Rob.
A friend has had a 3.0 too for a few years (one of the very first ones) and it has now got about 100k miles on it.
We went on a trip around Europe with the Z4 and my old 182 and I was impressed every time I passengered in it at just how good they are!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Here's another one on the move from last weekend..

6821770464_d82d040819_b.jpg

The Zed on the move by evil_giraffes_rule, on Flickr