ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Car - RenaultSport Content

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
Unsure if this is the correct section for this, but I'll stick it in here anyway! ;)

As some of you are aware, I recently sold the Clio, and was in the process of getting a new car.

Well..

We set off at 5:50 yesterday morning, and arrived at our destination at 11:45, approx 335 miles later.

Viewed the car, said yes, signed the documentation etc etc. And I was then the new owner of this:

dsc01333r.jpg

dsc01334q.jpg

dsc01335vt.jpg

dsc01336a.jpg

dsc01337kr.jpg

dsc01338vt.jpg

dsc01339wl.jpg

dsc01340m.jpg

The best bit for me: (I don't like mileage!)

dsc01341g.jpg

dsc01342woa.jpg

dsc01343r.jpg

dsc01345bu.jpg

dsc01346s.jpg

dsc01347a.jpg

dsc01348tz.jpg

Another 335 miles later, I finally got her home.

The trip, from Poole to Houghton-le-Spring and back took approximately 13 hours in it's entirety.

A very long journey, but in my eyes was very worth it!

Absolutely love the car, so smooth in it's power delivery. No rattles/knocks/bangs. Everything seems to be perfect with it at the moment!

The only problem is it needs it's cambelt doing as its still on the original, so is overdue. This is in the process of being booked into K-Tec for the following work:

Cambelt + Tensioners
Waterpump
Aux belt + tensioners
Coolant change
Goodridge brake lines + flush with "Castrol React Dot 4"

That's it for now!

Definitely have some plans for it, such as removal of all of the stickers. I do not like them and think they "cheapen" the car.

I also hate the numberplates with the Renault symbol, so I have ordered some newuns from Fancyplates!

Brembo's are also needing some TLC, as someone has stick a red Brembo sticker over the black one.. Meh.

It's a bigger, faster, and in my eyes, more fun version of a Clio. I love it!

Enjoy :)

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
Nice. You milage ***** ;)

What is the spec of these compared to a R26 or the 225?

Haha ohhh yes ;).

Pretty much the only reason I travelled so far to get the thing!

Erm, unsure.. I am still getting used to the spec compared to the Clio to be honest!

Folding mirrors, auto lights, keyless and the list goes on! Awesome stuff ;)

Very nice!

Cheers guys!

lose the stickers and its a peach

That's the plan ;)

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
very nice!!

Very nice upgrade. These are absolute bargains at the minute.

Very nice that. Love the Trophy!

Megnesport owner as well, so good chance it's been looked after.

Thanks guys!

It seems to have been kept together rather well! The only thing IMO that's letting it down is the stickers! :)

Nice that!

Still CLIO media?

;)

I know I know, it was a poor decision :eek:

Hence the opening line in the original post though ;) :rasp:

Keyless or key card?

Key card! :)

VERY smart mate !

Haha thanks mate!

Those wishbones turned up yet? ;)

BMW M5 & E36
Trophy spec includes the 'keyless' entry/start. Not strictly keyless, but does have the door handle sensors and lock button, then the card doesn't need to be in the slot, just within the car. Same as Lux as said.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Trophy spec includes the 'keyless' entry/start. Not strictly keyless, but does have the door handle sensors and lock button, then the card doesn't need to be in the slot, just within the car. Same as Lux as said.

Cheers for that, confirmed as jealous :(

Your R26 got it?

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member

Cheers for that, confirmed as jealous :(

Your R26 got it?

Ah is that what you meant by keyless?

I'm finding it hard getting used to it!

The card is in my pocket, but I still find myself reaching for the keys to turn the engine off :boring:

DB.

BMW 440i
Very nice, nice upgrade too.

Welcome to the grown up hot hatch club! hehe Long way to travel! Saying that, i've been to S.London/Essex for my last two cars!

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
Very nice, nice upgrade too.

Welcome to the grown up hot hatch club! hehe Long way to travel! Saying that, i've been to S.London/Essex for my last two cars!

It's nice being in a slightly more grown up car I must admit.

Very long way to travel, but it was a fun day despite the hours of endless motorway miles.

Nice that. Low miles too.
Mine is keyless. Dont see the fuss tbh. Its will prob go wrong anyway.
Get used to the bills!

Cheers mate :)

Not making a fuss over it, I am just new to it, and it's nice to have it!

Please don't say that it will go wrong! As it more than likely will :p haha.

Bank is primed and ready for breakdowns. Just renewed my RAC membership..