ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The NEW LOLVO Barge

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Oem+

571AD0A5-50AA-453F-903E-94D36F2AE8D6.jpeg
CAF26ACF-5320-4750-A372-5F878DC3CF0A.jpeg

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Sold the volans and sent the turbo off for a rebuild.

Previous owner told me it had a 19t but unfortunately it appears it has a 16t. Not really something you can check on the car.

Anyway, hoping to upgrade some parts when it’s rebuilt so it should be better than it was.

4DD41149-8E46-4E51-B282-0F511105FE3B.jpeg

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Turbo has been sent off to some random guy who is rebuilding it for me.

He seems to know what he’s talking about and has good feedback from other folk so hopefully it should be alright.

Either that or I’ll be updating in a few weeks saying I’ve been ripped off.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Got the turbo back but the gap doesn’t look good. I have tried to speak to the turbo builder who is now throwing a deaf un.

Doh.

06CD3679-E41A-4DB8-9A2B-1907D1E17308.jpeg

Ummmm that's not good.

Do you think the turbo had maybe been modified before and not standard as you thought? But then sure the builder wouldnt just send it back like that..

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Can't make it out too well on the photo, is the gap just at the front, on the entire length to the back of the compressor housing?
Did you have a picture, before? what did you ask him to do/wrong with it?

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Comp cover previously been machined to accept a larger compressor wheel?

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Comp cover previously been machined to accept a larger compressor wheel?

Yeah, I think it’s been machined for a 19t but is a 16t housing if that makes sense. The guy has now been in touch and says he measured it all and it’s all correct etc etc.

send it!

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
I'll give you £800 for the car today. Cash.

You're miles away so it'll cost me a bit in fuel, unless you can meet me half way?
Then I'll give you £850. Cash monies.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
It gets better, went to measure to get the correct size the wheel should be and it appears that the shaft is bent.

Buy cheap buy twice.

Even though this wasn’t that cheap.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I'll give you £800 for the car today. Cash.

You're miles away so it'll cost me a bit in fuel, unless you can meet me half way?
Then I'll give you £850. Cash monies.

Thats tempting with how I’ve been feeling over the last couple of days. We’ll get there I’m sure.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
This all plays into my hands as I can sell you a lovely V70R...

But srs that’s an absolute joke. I f**king bet all the people who rated him will now slate you for showing him up.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
After 6 weeks the turbo ‘builder’ has agreed to give me a partial refund after stating that I had damaged the turbo when taking it apart. I didn’t take it apart but I’m past caring so I’m taking what I can get and running to the hills.

What’s left of the turbo should be back with me next week.

Lesson - don’t use f**king Facebook numptys for rebuilds.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
After 6 weeks the turbo ‘builder’ has agreed to give me a partial refund after stating that I had damaged the turbo when taking it apart. I didn’t take it apart but I’m past caring so I’m taking what I can get and running to the hills.

What’s left of the turbo should be back with me next week.

Lesson - don’t use f**king Facebook numptys for rebuilds.
Pay him a visit in the cop car.